• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember PS3 hacker GeoHot? Now he works for Google

I remember when he had a meeting with Sony and walked through their office dropping food on the floor.

Seemed like a bit of a prat to me.

mug

I'm going to assume he was in the red after Sony went after him, so good to hear I guess. Sounds like he has aspergers.

baconcow

Job at Google is definitely better than jail.

Edit: not referring that he should BE in jail, as suggested in a comment above, just an often consequence of hacking (for means of good or bad).

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Did that shit get jail or is he just going to continue to fuck the world over?

Because of his intelligence and knowledge, that guy is probably more valuable to humanity than you or me.

He also did nothing to deserve jail, not even remotely. You should ponder the reasons for your apparent hatred of him and come to the conclusion that you need to be more empathetic towards your fellow human beings.

One love.

Wait... continue to fuck the world over... because he unlocked a PS3? "That shit" probably would have never even bothered if Sony didn't claim that the PS3 was unhackable. That's just a challenge to talented engineers. He unlocked it in 5 weeks

"That shit" has also participated in white hat hacking challenges over the last 5 years that have made your devices more secure and given software & hardware engineers more information about device security.

furious

Banned
Geohot stood on the shoulders of giants with regards to the PS3.

Google Project Zero team? Envious barely covers it.

If I was the owner of a tech company and I just witnessed some young dude successfully hack a console that had the toughest security among its peers at the time, I would hire him in a fucking heartbeat. Sending someone with that talent to jail would be a fucking waste.

He is currently hacking Google as we speak.

HE'S A FACEBOOK SPY~!

Truth be told though, he's probably helping make their services more secure and such. How do you stop someone from getting in? You hire someone who's better at it to close holes.

da fuk
Are you sure you're not thinking of those Lulzsec goobers who got immediately arrested after their dumbass spree, thus proving that drawing attention to yourself is the dumbest thing a 'hacker' can do? :p

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hmm makes sense to me, to stop a hacker you hire a hacker.

Wait you don't seriously think that he was the guy that hacked PSN? Because I can assure you that it was most likely someone else.

Xia he seems mad, let's give him some Chicken Waffle Tenders from Popeye's and Mountain Dew Baja Blast from Taco Bell to calm him down

We're really giving him Baja Blast because it's terrible swill and could knock him unconscious from how bad it is

daffy

Banned
Xia he seems mad, let's give him some Chicken Waffle Tenders from Popeye's and Mountain Dew Baja Blast from Taco Bell to calm him down

We're really giving him Baja Blast because it's terrible swill and could knock him unconscious from how bad it is
Lmao cold blooded

li bur

This guy sure is very talented. Judging from his "resume" I don't think he had proper educations in computer science and he had done amazingly with his "speciality". Very impressive indeed.

JeTmAn81

The best thing abound this guy is that his cool hacker alias is just his first and last names combined. George Hotz, lol.

I don't see how could anyone confuse the two myself.

I remember them happening at about the same time. In fact, didn't anonymous hack PSN in retaliation against Sony's persecution against GeoHot? The guy doesn't deserve hate, but I do think it's understandable to confuse him with the PSN, hackers.

SephiZack

I remember them happening at about the same time. In fact, didn't anonymous hack PSN in retaliation against Sony's persecution against GeoHot? The guy doesn't deserve hate, but I do think it's understandable to confuse him with the PSN, hackers.

Yes they happened around the same time and they were kind of correlated

Top Bottom