• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
35 multikills in a single gruntpocalypse? Is that really that doable? I don't know, I'd feel safer doing a set of Firefight MP.
I'm a mediocre player, and I was able to do it. Just pick a map where you can funnel groups towards you (I did it on Courtyard) and only take the shot when you know you can get a multikill on your next kill. Wasn't easy for me, but it only took me two games to get it.

Mr. Sam

I completed the multikill challenge by the end of the fourth wave. Grenades and FRGs are an easy way to collect multikills if you can't do it with a DMR.

Completed all five challenges today. Halfway through Commander Grade 3 and halfway to Colonel.

Louis Wu

Somnid said:
Every time I see a high ranking player they get verbally destroyed in the pre-game lobby. Like today I played with a general and pretty much everyone laughed at him.
I got made fun of the other day for being a Lt. Colonel 3 and still wearing default armor (in the pregame lobby).

Tune changed a bit in the postgame, after I went +8. :lol

Hydranockz said:
Get a Revenge?!?!?! Seriously...
Apparently, I average about one and a half per game, according to B.net. Not sure if that's something to be proud of - means I die an awful lot...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mr. Sam said:
I completed the multikill challenge by the end of the fourth wave. Grenades and FRGs are an easy way to collect multikills if you can't do it with a DMR.

Completed all five challenges today. Halfway through Commander Grade 3 and halfway to Colonel.
I ended up doing this too.
As of now, my Reach app tells me I'm 85031 cR to Colonel. Can't wait, I need that gold visor in my life.

Raide

Bleh, I hate playing a game and it locking me on the Team Screen. Even the guide button does not work and now that will count as 1 quit. Damn sucks. :(

chapel

Banned
God I hate quitters. It is especially worse when it is a group of 3, 2 being guests and so if one quits the whole box leaves and I am left by myself. Like this game: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=306970446&player=thechapel

Bah, I just opted to hide the whole game, of course they killed me here and there, because they were looking for me hard, but it was somewhat fun to have them run by me not knowing I was there.

As much as the radar is nice, it really has fucked Halo. No not the radar in general, but how accurate it is. I think it is worse than bloom. Having such an accurate radar lets people camp easier, know where to throw grenades, know exactly where you are coming at them. Of course you can work around the radar, but only so much.

In fact I thoroughly enjoy Pro game modes because there is no radar. At first I had trouble because I was too dependent on the radar, but I got used to it, and having that little bit of freedom of movement is nice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cool_dude_2049 said:
Is this something on your desktop?
For iPhone. It's called Stats for Halo Reach, and is pretty comprehensive, you can check daily challenges, progress towards next level, all your medals, commendations, weapons, recent games, etc etc etc. And you can add your friends in too to check how they're doing.

There are a lot of commercials during this MLG stream :\

I understand the need for them, but it just seems a bit overkill.

edit: lmao ok this is kind of pathetic... the introduction for each of the players "Lets make some noise for FLAMESWORD!!!" -golf clap-

edit again: "The most winning'est player in MLG History!" - Cannot believe that is a word.

Devin Olsen said:
There are a lot of commercials during this MLG stream :\

I understand the need for them, but it just seems a bit overkill.

edit: lmao ok this is kind of pathetic... the introduction for each of the players "Lets make some noise for FLAMESWORD!!!" -golf clap-

edit again: "The most winning'est player in MLG History!" - Cannot believe that is a word.

Second person in this thread to hate on the word winningest, do you guys never watch sports or anything?

Ramirez said:
Yea, I could play T&R forever, I was bored with Nightfall after about 2 times. Nostalgia is hard to beat.

Yup, T&R was so good, the combat varied greatly and it kept you on your feet with some of the encounters, Nightfall seems a little too tedious at times, though good, just not as good as T&R.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dax01 said:
<3 Nightfall. I'll say it again, but it's the superior sniper version (by a long shot) when compared to T&R.
Eh...I don't know. I wanna say I felt the same when I first got Reach, but now I'm not so sure. I think I still like T&R more.

GhaleonEB

Sai-kun said:
Eh...I don't know. I wanna say I felt the same when I first got Reach, but now I'm not so sure. I think I still like T&R more.
I've been wanting to write up a lengthy impressions/review of the Reach campaign since I wrapped it up. But I feel like I need to do it twice: once for Heroic (fuck yeah!) and once for Legendary (eehhh).

I loved Nightfall on Heroic and posted something like "best sniper mission ever" when I got through it. On Legendary I was cursing the game like mad and questioning every design decision. This is the first Halo game where I've had that schism.

CrazedArabMan said:
Yup, T&R was so good, the combat varied greatly and it kept you on your feet with some of the encounters, Nightfall seems a little too tedious at times, though good, just not as good as T&R.
What combat variety in T&R? What makes Nightfall better than T&R is T&R's second half: the ship part. There are hardly any encounters in the ship that leave options for the player to take different approaches. In Nightfall, for almost every encounter, you have at least two different approaches you can utilize. Then there are the improvements that Reach brings: like armor abilities and an expanded sandbox. Better atmosphere to boot, too.

Dax01 said:
What combat variety in T&R? What makes Nightfall better than T&R is T&R's second half: the ship part. There are hardly any encounters in the ship that leave options for the player to take different approaches. In Nightfall, for almost every encounter, you have at least two different approaches you can utilize. Then there are the improvements that Reach brings: like armor abilities and an expanded sandbox. Better atmosphere to boot, too.

The first part with eliminating the enemy's silently actually without alerting anyone, the grav lift hold off was much better than the "protect Jun while he arms a bomb" hold off. Moving up the paths with your actually somewhat smart marines, and having them move up on the flank while you go an alternate route. And yes, the ship was fun, while it turned into a corridor shooter, you were in the enemy's home and you needed to find the captain, idk, but I just though T&R was a lot more fun. It may not utilize the sandbox as much as you like, but the fun factor just isn't as high as what T&R was.

Merguson said:
Everyone's preparing to move onto Black Ops, amirite?

I hate CoD, but it's the first one I actually pre-ordered as it looks really good and Treyarch compared to Infinity Ward, has actually listened to the community on feedback for MP. Plus Treyarch did make CoD: Big Red 1 for the original Xbox, and that was soooo good.

Striker

Truth & Reconciliation was just heads above Nightfall. I did prefer the sniping section over T&R slightly, because there's more with it, but once you get into the non-sniper combat it just rolls into CE's favor. Getting to the grav lift, defending it, and the gameplay throughout the ship was extraordinary to me. I wish Nightfall had some indoor action on Covenant ships.

Gui_PT

LosDaddie said:
How are you getting these done so quickly? Any tips?

It's just a matter of knowing the right playlist to get the challenge.

For today, I did the same as juices. Gruntpocalypse and then Swat because it's easier/faster to kill the guy who just killed you.

Usually multi-team is the best to get dailies.

pringles

Striker said:
Truth & Reconciliation was just heads above Nightfall. I did prefer the sniping section over T&R slightly, because there's more with it, but once you get into the non-sniper combat it just rolls into CE's favor. Getting to the grav lift, defending it, and the gameplay throughout the ship was extraordinary to me. I wish Nightfall had some indoor action on Covenant ships.
This. Except I liked even the sniper parts in T&R more, since you could actually use it in a more stealthy way, in Nightfall (or Reach) enemies instantly know exactly where you are as soon as you fire a shot. Every time I play T&R I see how far I can get without any enemies getting alerted.

GhaleonEB

Finally got my daughter's xbox.com and bungie.net stuff worked out. Nice thing was, when I signed her into bungie.net for the first time, all her stuff is there. Stats, recent screenshots, her Spartan (I still don't have MY Spartan showing up!). I didn't think her recent screenshots would be there because the account wasn't created when she took them. But they're there.

Bungie's guys have strong sauce.

It was the most frustrating hour and ten minutes I've ever had with billing/tech support. And I smashed my foot on a door during the conversation so hard that I had blood flowing from the toe and tears from my eyes while my wife bandaged it and I tried to explain through clenched teeth to the support person once again why I wanted the randomly generated gamer tag on xbox.com to go away. They can't make it go away. It can be created, not not willed out of existence.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
img_prometheus.jpg

Willeth

GhaleonEB said:
I've been wanting to write up a lengthy impressions/review of the Reach campaign since I wrapped it up. But I feel like I need to do it twice: once for Heroic (fuck yeah!) and once for Legendary (eehhh).

I loved Nightfall on Heroic and posted something like "best sniper mission ever" when I got through it. On Legendary I was cursing the game like mad and questioning every design decision. This is the first Halo game where I've had that schism.
I know what you mean. I think the only thing that helped me through Legendary was doing it after everyone had thrown themselves at it and knowing the tricks - Office of Not Dying teaching me how to tackle ONI, using the rockets by the Wraiths on the Hunters, skipping the Waterfront part of Nightfall, using the forklift, the hidden DMRs on Holdout, etc.

GhaleonEB

twinturbo2 said:
I don't know if my question got answered. Does the armor unlocks also include the Gamestop pre-order armor?
Nope. The % completed only measures the content available to everyone, on-disc.

NOKYARD

Mayyhem said:
Todays challenges and this weeks challenge were so easy.

I got all 5 in about 20minutes.
I jumped into the Nightfall campaign challenge. Unfortunately, in doing so, i tossed out a Tip of the Spear Heroic zero death (Flawless Cowboy) save which was 2 checkpoints away from completion.

opposite of this --> :D

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is team only radar an option? The switch in doubles arena really threw me off. I know its an anti camping thing but I think team only would be a good compromise.

I used to walk sideways/backwards a lot and watch my team mate on radar, that doesn't work now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom