• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnid

Whoever said Firefight was the least cooperative cooperative mode ever was right. I'm trying to get more vehicle kills for my commendation and it never fails some asshole makes it his goddam mission to blow up ever single one up before I get in regardless of whether it's given (like Beachhead ghost) or if I'm very obviously in the process of high jacking one (wraith).

Somnid said:
Whoever said Firefight was the least cooperative cooperative mode ever was right. I'm trying to get more vehicle kills for my commendation and it never fails some asshole makes it his goddam mission to blow up ever single one up before I get in regardless of whether it's given (like Beachhead ghost) or if I'm very obviously in the process of high jacking one (wraith).
Then play solo.

Somnid said:

Hes probably saying the same thing about you every time you manage to hijack a vehicle he wants to destroy. :lol

I will agree though that Firefight is a little unco-operative but thats only because you have infinite lives, ODST's Endure achievment was only so fun because you had a REASON to work together, and had the challenge of slowly running out of ammo and lives. On Reach if they add lives and stuff to firefight it would add a reason to work together.

Then again most people probably think im delirious for using fun and Endure in the same sentence. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
On Score Attack? Really?

I never wandered off of the building structure. I just assumed they weren't in Score Attack. :lol

Time to work that one up myself. :lol

I've had bad experiences with that ghost on Beachhead while riding solo. Fuel rod cannons and plasma nades makes it really hard to score some kills. At least for me.

Striker

cool_dude_2049 said:
I've had bad experiences with that ghost on Beachhead while riding solo. Fuel rod cannons and plasma nades makes it really hard to score some kills. At least for me.
With the skulls on, it does make it difficult. Easy to flip when the grunts spam bottomless clip fuel rods.

Might be easier for general Score Attack so you're not always fighting grunts. They won't be too bad vs. jackals or skirmishers.

AlStrong

Dax01 said:
Beachhead has a ghost. :)

I think Somnid is more frustrated about killing vehicles (grounded) rather than having to kill with a vehicle (vehicular). :) Not sure if it's well known, but kills with the human turret/chain gun count towards vehicular too.

edit: ah nevermind.

Somnid

Dax01 said:
Then play solo.

I like the full sets and solo is boring. It almost feels like grind mode to me. That said it might be the only way to really build this one up.

bobs99 ... said:
Hes probably saying the same thing about you every time you manage to destroy a vehicle he wants to destroy. :lol

There's a rule of Halo etiquette that says you shouldn't rocket a tank when someone else is hijacking it (in other modes it's a betrayal). Especially when the driver is killed and I'm obviously trying to ride it. But even then there is no reason to shoot my vehicles when I get out or blow the ghost up at the start of every round.

bobs99 ... said:
I will agree though that Firefight is a little unco-operative but thats only because you have infinite lives, ODST's Endure achievment was only so fun because you had a REASON to work together, and had the challenge of slowly running out of ammo and lives. On Reach if they add lives and stuff to firefight it would add a reason to work together.

Then again most people probably think im delirious for using fun and Endure in the same sentence. :lol

I can see the obvious problem with lives is griefing by suicide but the mode is really boring as is because you can't lose and nobody plays generator defense. Maybe everyone should have their own lives and a combined score that determines credits. Once you run out of lives the match ends for you. As is it's just getting as many kills as possible, dying doesn't even really matter.

AlStrong said:
I think Somnid is more frustrated about killing vehicles (grounded) rather than having to kill with a vehicle (vehicular). :) Not sure if it's well known, but kills with the human turret/chain gun count towards vehicular too.

I did not know turrets count. Thanks for the info. That should help some.

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
With the skulls on, it does make it difficult. Easy to flip when the grunts spam bottomless clip fuel rods.

Might be easier for general Score Attack so you're not always fighting grunts. They won't be too bad vs. jackals or skirmishers.
Yeah I wouldn't use it for the Grunt wave. Jackals, Brutes, Skirmishers, sure. We'll see. At the least it will be fun to give it a try or two.

AlStrong

Somnid said:
I did not know turrets count. Thanks for the info. That should help some.

Yup, I only noticed because I was messing around with it and I got the pop-up for the commendation while on overlook. I confirmed it again once I got the next grade.

Anytime I do Gruntpoc I go for Holdout since it has three of them. :) The plasma turret definitely does not count, so Corvette won't be the nice change in scenery I originally hoped it would be.

AlStrong said:

For vehiclular, grab the warthog, drive off to the left and park it near the rocks, hop out and get on the back, and have fun.

GhaleonEB said:
On Score Attack? Really?

I never wandered off of the building structure. I just assumed they weren't in Score Attack. :lol

Time to work that one up myself. :lol
Brute/Skirmisher wave is the best time to do it, but resist the temptation to run for the Ghost. Drive the 'hog over to it; that area's also a good place to park it and get some cheap kills. :D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
There are a lot of commercials during this MLG stream :\

I understand the need for them, but it just seems a bit overkill.

edit: lmao ok this is kind of pathetic... the introduction for each of the players "Lets make some noise for FLAMESWORD!!!" -golf clap-

edit again: "The most winning'est player in MLG History!" - Cannot believe that is a word.

Pun intended? :p

I kind of like that they introduce the MLG players. I'm pretty sure they only do it for the finals so it's no big deal. Helps with production value too, look legit.

Tashi0106 said:
Pun intended? :p

I kind of like that they introduce the MLG players. I'm pretty sure they only do it for the finals so it's no big deal. Helps with production value too, look legit.

Watching them run up on stage and do a gangsta handshake with theyre teammates is cringeworthy though. :lol

I saw the start of the stream, but turned it off to play some Halo lol, do MLG have like an archive section where I can watch it? I want to see how MLG Reach plays.

zumphry

Banned
Somnid said:
I'm just surprised people don't drive vehicles in firefight more often. It's awesome squashing huge groups of enemies.

I only really play Score Attack, and I've used the Ghost before on Beachhead (albeit poorly). The way the map is set up, with the main part of the level being on top of a incline, makes it a bit tough for me to splatter enemies. If Regular and Mythic Score Attack would be upgraded to a full set, with more Elite and Hunter rounds, then I'd see myself using the Rocket Hog more often.

And yeah, this post was made solely for the reason of me hoping for even longer games in Score Attack.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
bobs99 ... said:
Watching them run up on stage and do a gangsta handshake with theyre teammates is cringeworthy though. :lol

I saw the start of the stream, but turned it off to play some Halo lol, do MLG have like an archive section where I can watch it? I want to see how MLG Reach plays.

Yea they have the rebroadcasts come up I think in the first week after the event. Then eventually they capture all of the matches they can and put them up on the site as well in the VoD archives. They make news stories about it so just check back during the week to see when those go up.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tashi0106 said:
Yea they have the rebroadcasts come up I think in the first week after the event. Then eventually they capture all of the matches they can and put them up on the site as well in the VoD archives. They make news stories about it so just check back during the week to see when those go up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGlobalHD

Is everything. Previous MLGs as well.

Hmmm, so I just did a few bits of Nightfall to get a chunk taken out of the weekly, but then when I eventually gave up (after getting about ~30 headshots) I hit save and quit, and it reset my weekly counter to zero. What the hell? Anyone else seen this happen? Do I need to do all 70 in one run (which I assume means you have to reload checkpoints ooooooover and oooooooover). It was definitely ticking up the challenge as I was playing - the little notification in the bottom corner kept coming up.

Zennshi

Neo Member
Neuromancer said:
For vehiclular, grab the warthog, drive off to the left and park it near the rocks, hop out and get on the back, and have fun.
:lol Awesome Tip ! just got 87 Vehicle Kills in one Game . THX

Raide

Anyone else wish the Bro Spawn option was available in other gamemodes? It would make for some interesting and different gameplay options, especially for smaller objective games.

Had some fantastic games tonight including a really close Team Snipers match that I'll do a right up tomorrow about.

Edit: Woah, why the move? Not enough SP discussion?

GhaleonEB

Zeouterlimits said:
So (do you know/think) is this going to happen to Killzone, etc? Black Ops?
Dunno. I'm guessing it's only for "older" official threads where discussion has simmered down a bit, and there's a large share of coordination to get online games going alongside normal discussion.

But I haven't seen any kind of policy announcement.

besiktas1

WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

swine-flu-panic-button.jpg

I'm guessing Online forum is going to be turned into OT forum, so that's "GAMING, OT and |OT|

Magni

GarthVaderUK said:
Poor Frankie, can't even lurk the thread now.
(Unless he's back already? How long was the ban?)

I saw he was banned while reading the Four lokos thread in the OT, what was he banned for?

Why For?

Banned
If you get the right group you can get some help in Firefight.

I jumped in with my cousin last night to get the 10 assists. We got two strangers (who were in a psuedo clan) and the 4 of us all got the 10 assists challenge within 2 matches.

Not sure how, but I got to the 10 pretty quick compared to the others, but I was targeting the drop ships guns, which seemed to net me most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom