• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jtwo said:
Hmm, I could have sworn it was different than when it totals up.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out though.
Yeah. The number is a bit different. But you get some credits for winning or other things. The number at the credits summary is just a bit higher than the number that shows in the end of the match.

GhaleonEB

Jtwo said:
Hmm, I could have sworn it was different than when it totals up.
I guess I'll have to keep an eye out though.
The number that pops up is the cR earned for that game: the Game Complete, plus the Slot Machine (which is decided right then, not when it rolls after the game) and Performance Bonus.

To that, cR from Commendations and Challenges are added in the post-game screen. But since the post-game screen shows each category separately, you don't see the same number there.

TimeLike

What is so damn hard about starting a match with full teams?! It's bad enough that there is no join in progress, but to still be at the voting screen with lopsided teams is just pathetic.

Mr. Sam

Got both Gunslinger challenges - despite the counter glitch - but now it says I have three daily challenges instead of two. I hope this isn't the precursor to my account getting reset/banned.

TimeLike said:
What is so damn hard about starting a match with full teams?! It's bad enough that there is no join in progress, but to still be at the voting screen with lopsided teams is just pathetic.

Yeah, I've never really understood why it doesn't go back to searching for players in this situation.

Played some good games of Arena with Neoism.
I haven't actually played any arena, think I did a day at launch but never went back.
Want to be rated in this season, have to do it at some point.

Plywood said:
The game as a whole is inconsistent for me. :/

Very frustrating.
What, you don't think having bullets go where you want them to is too stale and boring? I like how Reach has your bullets going in different directions the faster you pull the trigger because it keeps it fresh and interesting!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How the fuck does anyone in 20 fucking 10 have a redbar connection?

tZrV8.gif

Self Induced said:
What, you don't think having bullets go where you want them to is too stale and boring? I like how Reach has your bullets going in different directions the faster you pull the trigger because it keeps it fresh and interesting!
:lol

Thank you, I needed that.

Sibylus

Banned
A Reach "retrospectives and reviews" thread for in-depth analysis of the singleplayer/firefight on the gaming side might work (leaving random "I played chapter x", "who wants to play some coop today" talk in here).

My review is already 4,250+ words and rising, it's probably too heavy for inclusion in the user reviews thread. I'm guessing the writeups from Dax and Ghaleon will be lengthier than most of the user reviews as well.

This hypothetical thread would probably move slower than this one, so there ought to be room for Halo campaigns as well.

Plywood said:
Semi-srs.

I would say internet got shittier in recent years. Cable ISP's capping bandwidth levels to completely suboptimal levels to support extra users and pocketing that extra income instead of using it to upgrade to better hardware (sure they still do that but not at the rate they should be) to support the increased consumption.

I used to have Adelphia Powerlink way back in the day it was 50/50 uncapped. The speeds were out of this fucking world. :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
I would say internet got shittier in recent years. Cable ISP's capping bandwidth levels to completely suboptimal levels to support extra users and pocketing that extra income instead of using it to upgrade to better hardware (sure they still do that but not at the rate they should be) to support the increased consumption.

I used to have Adelphia Powerlink way back in the day it was 50/50 uncapped. The speeds were out of this fucking world. :lol
That sounds heavenly. I currently have comcast 22/5 and its capped @ 250gb a month, so with a family of six we come close to hitting the limit each month. It gets the job done but I seriously wish I had FiOS here. Get to work lazy ISPs. :S

After playing Black OPs the past 24hrs, all I have to say is:

Please make objective good again so I can have the great experiences I miss from Halo 2.

Please don't make keep playing the piece of shit game/crack in game form Black Ops.

MrBig

Plywood said:
That sounds heavenly. I currently have comcast 22/5 and its capped @ 250gb a month, so with a family of six we come close to hitting the limit each month. It gets the job done but I seriously wish I had FiOS here. Get to work lazy ISPs. :S
FiOS is amazing. My city was the second in the US to get it, so I've been running at 25/25 uncapped for years now.
Its cheap too.

e: I thought Veegie had left halo, but he posted an armor preview app on hbo yesterday. It lets you choose from the armor in the game and tells how much cR you need for everything and what rank you have to be.
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1031284
Pretty cool
He's one of the original Halo PC/xbox modders for those of you who don't know.

Here's what my spartan will look like once I hit brigadier:
VanityRender.png

Striker

Lead Based Paint said:
After playing Black OPs the past 24hrs, all I have to say is:

Please make objective good again so I can have the great experiences I miss from Halo 2.

Please don't make keep playing the piece of shit game/crack in game form Black Ops.
If it's a piece of shit don't play it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MrBig said:
e: I thought Veegie had left halo, but he posted an armor preview app on hbo yesterday. It lets you choose from the armor in the game and tells how much cR you need for everything and what rank you have to be.
Pretty cool

http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/VanityRender.png
Makes me wish Reach was on PC. /gfxwhore

Len1978

here is a code for the Recon Helmet

BG48G-8WDJB-4T223-K94J2-JTTPG

1st come 1st serve! If you snatch the code first let the others know that it's gone

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:
Makes me wish Reach was on PC. /gfxwhore

Bungie's next IP, their SPMMOOWPS (Second Person Massively Multiplayer Online Open-World Platformer-Shooter), titled "Aerospace" will be on PC.

Too bad it's cell-shaded.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ZayneH said:
Bungie's next IP, their SPMMOOWPS (Second Person Massively Multiplayer Online Open-World Platformer-Shooter), titled "Aerospace" will be on PC.

Too bad it's cell-shaded.
How do you know it's cell-shaded? Or even in that genre?

Kujo

Plywood said:
How the fuck does anyone in 20 fucking 10 have a redbar connection?
It's not really about speeds. I have 20mbit ADSL2, but when the game tries to connect me to a host in another continent, it can give me a red bar just because of the ping. Whereas I'm full green in local matches.

SpacLock

Well I have 23 friends online and only one of them is playing Halo now. Fucking Black Ops stole my friends from me. If anyone here still plays Reach regularly, add me.

GT: Fine Wine Vine

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mojo said:
It's not really about speeds. I have 20mbit ADSL2, but when the game tries to connect me to a host in another continent, it can give me a red bar just because of the ping. Whereas I'm full green in local matches.
I've faced people from other continents and at worst they'd have yellow bar to green bar, Idk, just seems like I've had a bad run in with a lot people with crappy connections. :/
SpacLock said:
Well I have 23 friends online and only one of them is playing Halo now. Fucking Black Ops stole my friends from me. If anyone here still plays Reach regularly, add me.

GT: Fine Wine Vine
Not on atm, but I'll add you~

Don't worry, I don't rage in the game, only on the forum. :D

Kujo

Plywood said:
I've faced people from other continents and at worst they'd have yellow bar to green bar, Idk, just seems like I've had a bad run in with a lot people with crappy connections. :/
It really depends on the host, usually the times I've had a red bar no one else in the game has been full green either.

BTW, how many weekly challenges have there been so far?

feel

MrBig said:
FiOS is amazing. My city was the second in the US to get it, so I've been running at 25/25 uncapped for years now.
Its cheap too.

Pretty cool

http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/VanityRender.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
App is amazing, but it makes me sad to realize that there's nothing cool for me to look forward to unlocking in the future, except the MKVI helmet. Armory has been a total disappointment for me when it comes to armor customization, other than the helmets. Halo 3's actually allowed you to switch up different parts of the armor, here all you can do is put ugly crap on top of the default armor. /silly rant

Well if anybody isn't playing Black Ops and feels like hopping on for some multiplayer I'll be on for a bit. Gonna bang out those daily challenges before playing my copy of Black Ops.

C4Lukins

So how do you subscribe to threads? I am subscribed to one thread, I am not even sure why. I went through the steps Evilore pointed out, but I see nothing to click on to subscribe to things. I feel stupid.

Just to put it out there, I hate this change. I love this board because of its simplicity. Go here to talk about games, go here to talk about everything else. I saw the online section as a place to setup games with other members which is not something I am all that interested in, because through things like friends lists and such, gaming platforms kind of do that already. So as a lurker in this thread and Starcraft 2, I am sadly not going to go out of my way to check up on a couple of particular communities. So maybe for the board in general it will clean things up a bit, but for me personally it poses as an annoyance.

Edit: Ok so now I am subscribed to this thread. So I guess just simply posting in a thread is what causes this to occur.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, played around with the vanity thing..
I thought there were more helmets.. isn't there one called "haunted" or something that is like an opened helmet with a skull inside or something?

Either way, put together a pretty cool spartan, I guess. There aren't as many options as I'd imagined, In like 18 months everyone's spartans are gonna look the same.

The second Gunslinger challenge is messed up for me. It stays at 100 in the game, but, on B.net, it's counting my kills properly...

Haven't read this thread since the challenges were first posted, so, has this happened to anyone else? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom