• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering our edgy days

I was entering my edgelord phase, but then one day a friend stops by and we decide to go visit this other guy....who proceeds to show us his sweet collection of katanas that had cobra head hilts. I snapped out of my phase as they marvelled over the craftsmanship of his recently acquired edgelord weapon stash. I followed up the visit by selling out and getting a job.

daveo42

Banned
I was real into Linkin Park. A little Dashboard here and there as well. Outside of that, I didn't get too far into the edge as most of it I found insufferable. Emo, Screamo, Bleemo, and Whatever-else-mo that came out in the 90s and early 2000s was straight garbage.

hqdefault.jpg

...Fuck.

This is still a great concept album start to finish.

bunch of fakers and posers in here. ya'll were never into anything for real if you immediately ditched music etc you supposedly liked just because it wasn't cool anymore or you "grew out of it". what a crock of shit.

i'm turning 35 next week and i could not be more hyped about the upcoming Tool album. i'm gonna skateboard to the music shop to buy it, in my cargo shorts. eat me.

At 28 I've still got MSI, Linkin Park, and Evanescense on my mp3 player. I only listen to them a few times a year because *gasp* my musical preferences have changed and expanded. There's literally nothing strange about people's opinions or preferences for things changing.

Pulling "you aren't/weren't a true fan, I'm way more real than you!" cards is really annoying. But maybe it helps you feel good about yourself or something. Eat me.

HotHamBoy

I hate how Linkin Park had become this emo meme. I legit enjoyed their music as a kid and still think the song in the OP kicks ass!

bunch of fakers and posers in here. ya'll were never into anything for real if you immediately ditched music etc you supposedly liked just because it wasn't cool anymore or you "grew out of it". what a crock of shit.

i'm turning 35 next week and i could not be more hyped about the upcoming Tool album. i'm gonna skateboard to the music shop to buy it, in my cargo shorts. eat me.

Lol

I remember I went through that phase in high school where I thought I was so unique for not listening to radio bands or anything mainstream. I was listening to nothing but metal and poser goth bands.

Was also super into Tim Burton films and Victoria Frances art.

Aurongel

The topic of this thread just led me down a rabbit hole of looking at comments I made on my old youtube account.

It's the most shameful embarassing vomit of right wing beliefs I've seen in ages. I'm reading some of it now and it's almost unbelievable how terrible I used to be.

Top Bottom