• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder - North American Splatfest (Splatoon) going on right now (July 4)

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
That cat math, now I know where Judd get's it. This isn't possible when we dogs had the majority of the players. We actually had more, but were able to make up for our shitty terrible teammates.

Sorry, could you explain in more detail what you're saying? More of what, good players or bad players? More ___ players or more percent of ___ players?

I'm saying you guys had more players but the percentage of good-bad was roughly the same, at least the players that made it into a cat vs. dog match. The 51/49 result shows this, it's as close as it can be with one side coming out on top.

By the time I got to Cat King I had 30.0 rating. Most of the dog players were terrible that I met... but then if you read here on GAF some dog players had the same experience in their favor. I hope no one is letting anecdotal evidence affect your opinion. Some people had good runs, some bad, but at the end the result was 51/49, as even as possible.

I had to skip this month's Splattfest here in Europe because I've found myself trapped in a no-internet-limbo while the fucking morons at Movistar try to solve the problem, BUT, knowing that #TeamDog has won in US with such a small margin...

#FeelsGood

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

scamander

Banned
The results for Europe are in now. Team rock won 170 : 130 against Team Pop. Other than in the US the winner team actually won 53% of all matches and was also the more popular choice (64%).

I was part of Team Rock, so: "Yay!"

El-Suave

When Rock players played for team Pop like it happened to me multiple times and they win, are those wins counted for Pop so they were basically playing against themselves for the end result?

scamander

Banned
When Rock players played for team Pop like it happened to me multiple times and they win, are those wins counted for Pop so they were basically playing against themselves for the end result?

No, they only enabled this, because rice players in Japan had problems finding matches, because barely anyone chose bread. Those matches don't count for the end result, though.

Felensis

Banned
Was playing the last hours in Europe and only 36 points from highest rank, but just like in ranked matches I end up continuously in the losing team with s bunch of noobs while I lead the group mostly by far. That's so frustrating and also the reason while I stopped playing ranked matches at B-

It nearly completely is based on luck because it doesn't matter how I'm performing when I still lose 9 out of 10 matches -_-

This is no fun at all for me.

Nevertheless I was part of team rock, yay

Neiteio

I was Team Dog, and played a bit yesterday while showing the game to a friend, but I have no idea how the winner is decided. Is it a straight-up popularity content? Do the points even matter? Also, do I get a prize since I was on Team Dog? And if so, do I have to boot up the game now, or can I pick it up some other day?

Bert

In the EU here (Go Team Rock!) and Splatfest was fun, but a few things spoiled it for me:

- Me and my wife planned to spend the whole night playing Splatoon, by 10pm we were Eternal and therefore maxed out in terms of personal progression. Even a score that keeps racking up and goes to some kind of team leaderboard would've kept us playing.

- The prizes suck a bit, it would be nice if we could keep the T-Shirt or have some flair to show our chosen team and rank. I'd love to see a Splatfest medal for each one so you can become decorated like an experienced soldier. Anything to make it last a bit longer than just the weekend.

- The time taken match making, oh my god. I've never played so much jumpy squid game in my life.

Boney

Banned
I was Team Dog, and played a bit yesterday while showing the game to a friend, but I have no idea how the winner is decided. Is it a straight-up popularity content? Do the points even matter? Also, do I get a prize since I was on Team Dog? And if so, do I have to boot up the game now, or can I pick it up some other day?
Just boot the game
Callie and Marie are there for a reason.

I didn't even get to play and was rewarded 4 sea snails just for being on the winning team

Not sure if the rewards expire, but you get bonus sea snails for participating in the Splatfest, and twice as many sea snails if your team wins overall. You get the sea snails the next time you boot up Splatoon.

(Popularity of team) + 2 * (win percentage of team) -> winner

http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest#Reward_Tiers

Neiteio

Just booted the game and claimed my rewards. It was interesting seeing how they decide the winner.

Not sure what I'll use these snails on, since there's no longer any gear I'm interested in optimizing.

I think they need to release a lot more gear. Optimizing gear was an addictive hook that's no longer there.

DooD1234

Wait, splatfest is a one day event? To rub salt in the wound team cat lost. Damn, the environment during splatfest sounded cool too but I couldn't participate because July 4th family event. I hope the next splatfest is not too long.

Top Bottom