• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: The Smash Ballot ends on October 3rd

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Totally forgot all about this until someone brought it up on my timeline.

I also thought it ended on the 1st, no, it's on the 3rd, which is Smash 3DS' 1 year anniversary in NA and EU.

I wonder if they'll actually give a list of the highest votes, including ones that can't legally make it in (stuff like Goku and such if that many hopelessly voted for him).

So yeah, if you haven't already, the deadline is almost here, and I'm not sure if they do count more than one vote from the same person or anything.

I personally voted three times in the following order:

King K. Rool (if only Nintendo characters)
Bomberman (if 3rd-party characters are eligible)
Banjo-Kazooie (if Phil was honest about them being possible)

How about you guys?

Edit: Actually the Japanese site has notes, anyone want to take a crack at translating please?

【注意事項】

・投稿は1人1回限りとさせていただきます。

・ご投稿いただいた情報(以下「投稿内容」といいます)は、本ソフトの参戦キャラクターの検討等、今後のソフト制作の参考にさせていただきます。

・任天堂株式会社(以下「当社」といいます)は、当該情報を有限会社ソラおよび株式会社バンダイナムコスタジオに対し提供する場合があり、提供先は上記利用目的のために当該情報を利用することがあります。

・当社は上記利用目的の達成に必要な範囲内において、投稿内容の取扱を当社が指定する企業に委託することがあります。

・当社は、ニックネーム、年齢、性別を含む投稿内容を当社ホームページ等に掲載する場合があります。

BY2K

Membero Americo
#WonderRed4Smash

dBezoAF.gif

Shauni

Even if Phil was being honest, Nintendo isn't going to put Banjo in Smash. A vote wasted that could've went for Wonder Red. For shame.

Lunar15

Isaac, but moreso to get a shot at a stage or a song or something.

I swear, if it's Waluigi I'm going to kidnap all of you, including Dan Ryckert, and ship you off to an abandoned island.

Moonlight

Banned
A vote for Anna or a vote for Kumatora is... well, okay, not the most grounded choice, but if you did, you are my friend.

AntMurda

I hope you kids did the right thing and voted some classic Nintendo characters. None of these weirdos i keep seeing mentioned that are just deluding the roster even further.

1. Balloon Kid
2. Murasame
3. Excitebike Dude

Navi

Totally forgot all about this until someone brought it up on my timeline.

I also thought it ended on the 1st, no, it's on the 3rd, which is Smash 3DS' 1 year anniversary in NA and EU.

I wonder if they'll actually give a list of the highest votes, including ones that can't legally make it in (stuff like Goku and such if that many hopelessly voted for him).

So yeah, if you haven't already, the deadline is almost here, and I'm not sure if they do count more than one vote from the same person or anything.

I personally voted three times in the following order:

King K. Rool (if only Nintendo characters)
Bomberman (if 3rd-party characters are eligible)
Banjo-Kazooie (if Phil was honest about them being possible)

How about you guys?

Edit: Actually the Japanese site has notes, anyone want to take a crack at translating please?

[Notes]

- Post will be taken as long as one person once .

• If your post our information ( hereinafter referred to as the " post content" ) , the study , etc. of war character of this software , you will be a reference for the future of software production .

- Nintendo Co., Ltd. ( hereinafter referred to as the " Company") , may provide the information to the limited company Sora and NAMCO BANDAI studio , providing destination able to use the information for the above purposes there is.

• The Company within the required range to achieve the above purposes , you may want to entrust the handling of the post content to companies that we specify .

• We might be posted nickname , age , post content , including gender in our website , and the like.

L Thammy

Reminder to vote for ST Falcon from Battle Clash. You'll have wasted your vote, but at least you'll have wasted it on something awesome!

Saki Amamiya and Takamaru are good picks to. Also Wonder Red or one of the remaining Operation Rainfall dudes.

I'm assuming this is going to be swamped by dudes voting for their waifus.

Anybody that votes for one of the 3 kings. Rool, Wart or Hippo gets a thumbs up from me.

L Thammy

Oh, and Mach Rider is also pretty awesome. Originally a toy from 1972 (older than the Duck Hunt toy), secretly a girl with go-go boots (before Samus was a secret girl), is someone Sakurai personally wants, and is totally Kenshiro Mad Max.

Drago

I voted for Chibi-Robo. At this point he's the only character left that I really badly want to see become playable (Inklings too I suppose, but they're inevitable). After him, everyone else would be gravy.

ubiblu

I voted Dixie, and assume Wolf will be another favourite with a good chance of returning. Not sure who number 3 will be, assuming only 3 more get announced.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh, and Mach Rider is also pretty awesome. Originally a toy from 1972 (older than the Duck Hunt toy), secretly a girl with go-go boots (before Samus was a secret girl), is someone Sakurai personally wants, and is totally Kenshiro Mad Max.

Not going to lie, I would love a modern retake on Mach Rider.
Something like an action game where the motorcycle is just as important to the battles as your gun
and Mach Rider Kick

Isocr4cy

I know it won't happen as I think they intend on keeping the roster to characters from other games (as a primary media), but wouldn't this game have the highest chance of Goku ever being in a Smash game? Wasn't it co-developed by Bandai Namco, who have the license to make the DBZ games?

Top Bottom