• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remy Ma unleashes Nicki Minaj diss track titled "shETHER"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Why do you barely see diss tracks in other genres of music?

other genres have more sue happy labels and execs, so diss tracks in other genres are less direct

in rap / r&b it's just part of the genre and if you sued over a diss track people would laugh you right off the stage

John Lennon - How Do You Sleep? - John calls Paul a fake and writer of generic elevator music.

Barracuda - about their manager wanting them to become branded as incestous sisters and says he'll burn in hell for it

Death On Two Legs - about one of their managers, who actually sued over it

tumblr_ntp644plhF1s3gys4o1_400.gif
You can't instagram your way out of these bars.

Samara

She's right, look how she goes for these pop singers. How she acted with Taylor Swift was wack. Then Miley.

"You're for kids, You Saint Nick "

Too much Ma. 💅

so what warranted this?

Coming in with no context, it seems like one of those things where a lower profile rapper is coming at one of the most popular rappers?

royalan

so what warranted this?

Coming in with no context, it seems like one of those things where a lower profile rapper is coming at one of the most popular rappers?

Nicki has been throwing subliminal shots at Remy for a while now since Remy is clearly on the come up.

NeoRaider

And I got a few words for the moms of the young Barbz
Guess who supports a child molester? Nicki Minaj
You paid for your brother’s wedding? That’s hella foul
How you spend money to support a pedophile?

She went in! RIP.

The Lamp

Hmmm I couldn't get most of what she was saying. Seemed like mostly ass jokes and personal shit I don't know about.

Doesn't this person have something better to do than insult Nicki with cheesy synthesized noises in the background? Who wakes up in the morning and thinks to do this? Did Nicki ruin her life or something?

The only diss rap I ever enjoyed was Eminem's blast response against Mariah but that's because it was funny as hell and good karma.

Remy had this laying in the vault, just waiting for Nicki to fire the first shot....this was well researched.

Nah. Flow is bad and production is sketchy. The general content of the disses is stuff Remy knew but everything about this track, including the direct references to Nicki's track with Gucci show this was a quick response.

royalan

Hmmm I couldn't get most of what she was saying. Seemed like mostly ass jokes and personal shit I don't know about.

Doesn't this person have something better to do than insult Nicki with cheesy synthesized noises in the background? Who wakes up in the morning and thinks to do this? Did Nicki ruin her life or something?

The only diss rap I ever enjoyed was Eminem's blast response against Mariah but that's because it was funny as hell and good karma.

Not shocking at all.

Deepwater

There are truly two Americas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom