• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Finally beat the game! Overall I dug it quite a bit, even if it is the weakest of the classic style. Only the first couple bosses sucked actually, and the final couple were pretty good, especially the last boss. Reminded me of the final boss in Nemesis. There were some issues with the game, mainly relating to the inventory, but I can still see myself replaying down the line and a replay would definitely help with knowing what to take and leave. Great atmosphere and a solid, if sort of unspired take on the formula. I liked the last area a lot, but I felt like the scenario didn't ramp up enough. In REmake in the lab you have gloriously tense scenarios like having to walk the explosive, and a plethora of new enemies and stuff, but outside of the lovely atmosphere and a stupid frog the last area didn't have any new tricks besides a few rooms with quite a few zombies.

Just completed Zero, I didn't mind the lack of item boxes and stuff that most the complaints seem to be, sure it wasn't convenient but it was never to much of an inconvenience in my playthrough. My bigger problem was the terrible voice acting and writing for whenever Wesker and Birkin were around (I thought Rebecca and Billy sounded perfectly fine) and the story just seemed flimsy even by RE standards.

Mr_Zombie

Fuck Leech Hunter. I finished the mode with just 98 leeches. I made sure to kill every single enemy, so that I could easily roam around picking up all the leeches, but it seems I made a mistake and when I picked up all the leeches from the main hall, Billy had 50 and Rebecca only 48. And since the game respawns enemies all around the mansion once you pick up 90 leeches, and each character had only a single slow each now (meaning you can't equip shotgun or grenade launcher -- not that I had any grenades left), going around looking for the missing two leeches was pointless.

I hate this game :(
I know, it's my fault - I should have count the leeches before I started picking up those in the main hall, but still: fuck this game.

Also, giving you a grenade with just one round in it, or a pack of magnum bullets with just a single bullet was just cruel. Pure evil.

Kammie

Beat this today, took about 20 hours total.

I felt the game got lazy towards the end. Each new area was very streamlined, it was just grab an item to unlock another door, and the enemies were mainly zombies. I was running around with like 150 handgun bullets that I used on the zombies and just saved all the magnum/grenade ammo for the bosses. The mansion part was very tense--ammo and healing items were given sparsely and I felt like I was actually barely able to keep progressing. But once you get past that zone the game just begins throwing items at you.

The item management system stunk. But the worst aspect of the game was Billy's peachfuzz mustache. It made me mad just looking at it.

All in all I still liked it, and it's a quality remaster that's worth the money. Definitely going to try out the other modes and do a couple more playthroughs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck Leech Hunter. I finished the mode with just 98 leeches. I made sure to kill every single enemy, so that I could easily roam around picking up all the leeches, but it seems I made a mistake and when I picked up all the leeches from the main hall, Billy had 50 and Rebecca only 48. And since the game respawns enemies all around the mansion once you pick up 90 leeches, and each character had only a single slow each now (meaning you can't equip shotgun or grenade launcher -- not that I had any grenades left), going around looking for the missing two leeches was pointless.

Nah, the idea is to grab the leaches for one. Get ten for the other, kill the respawns and then grab the last 40 for the one that has 10.

It's a bullshit mode with the item randomization and IIRC some of the leeches will move as well.

Before playing zero's remaster, I was a big advocate for the game; I remember thinking for the longest time that this was better than Remake. And no, it wasn't nostalgia since I truly replayed this game so much back in the GC days.

But now I am incredibly frustrated with this remaster over one thing: Difficulty. I'm having a hard time finding the necessary supplies ,other than handgun ammo, and the leeches and monkeys are just infuriating. I'm getting killed by the leeches so much and now I'm in an área where there are 3 :(

I'm playing in normal and I don't remember the game being as difficult as it is right now for me.

Before playing zero's remaster, I was a big advocate for the game; I remember thinking for the longest time that this was better than Remake. And no, it wasn't nostalgia since I truly replayed this game so much back in the GC days.

But now I am incredibly frustrated with this remaster over one thing: Difficulty. I'm having a hard time finding the necessary supplies ,other than handgun ammo, and the leeches and monkeys are just infuriating. I'm getting killed by the leeches so much and now I'm in an área where there are 3 :(

I'm playing in normal and I don't remember the game being as difficult as it is right now for me.

It's honestly not that hard. I beat it on normal difficulty with plenty of ammo to spare. You just need to use weapons that are effective on such said enemies.

Are you stuck at the water key section of the training facility? One of those leech men doesn't even need to be killed since he's contained in room that only has one key item needed for a puzzle. If you have anything with fire (molotovs especially) use them to take them fairly quick in two or three shots.

Monkeys are best approached by placing your back on a corner or wall and firing your shotgun or grenade launcher just as they leap towards your character. Usually puts them in a stunned state that allows you to blast away at them. Don't try to eliminate with the handgun, it'll take forever to kill them, and they're just too damn fast without something that has a spreadshot.

I usually tell Rebecca to hang back for a sec while I take care of monkeys to save yourself from having to heal both characters rather than just one if need be.

Fady K

Beat this recently, brought back great memories. Seriously - the train setting may be my all time favourite Resident Evil setting. This'll sound weird but does anyone find it sp relaxing and cosy to go through the level? Not including the zombies and monstrosities of course. But Capcom MASTERED the train's sound effects, the rain, the train design, etc. Plus, with the level taking place during the night, it's even better.

Shame that this was the last traditional RE game we ever got. I'm hoping RE2make will be close to it's horror roots.

Top Bottom