• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
An update from me while Albert is on vacation. :)

031001.jpg

Curious question after seeing this one again, are the nipples edited to be less apparent? At first glance it looked like they were just bare nippleless breasts. I've never seen the original art so I can't really compare against it.

Curious question after seeing this one again, are the nipples edited to be less apparent? At first glance it looked like they were just bare nippleless breasts. I've never seen the original art so I can't really compare against it.

Interesting question. :) No, they just weren't super noticeable to begin with and in the editing process became even less so, but nothing intentional.

Parsnip

Alo81
Low Poly Gynecologist

Hi Everyone! Here’s a brief update from my work on the Water Room (r208) and one shot from the Machine Gun room (r209). One of the things to notice is that the full painting has been restored, where before it was only half the painting, mirrored. And as always, please consider this a work in progress. Thanks!

MattyG

Banned
Hi Everyone! Here’s a brief update from my work on the Water Room (r208) and one shot from the Machine Gun room (r209). One of the things to notice is that the full painting has been restored, where before it was only half the painting, mirrored. And as always, please consider this a work in progress. Thanks!
Goddamn. I haven't been keeping up with this thread but...

tumblr_m8itj4ULrM1qa5etko1_500.gif

It's looking amazing.

chaosaeon

Really guys, this is shaping up to be the best mod that's ever been made for this game. It might even be one of the best texture mods made for any game.

Nemmy

Looking at the mirrored painting, it would seem to me they were trying to make it look like some kind of a devilish creature or spectre or something like that. It kinda worked in SD, I'd say.
Props for finding the original. Amazing work as usual.

I love seeing this thread bumped and the progress made.
Same here. I will most definitely replay this game on Steam when this is complete. No matter how long it takes I will be there day one. One question I have is how hard would it be to adapt these textures to the Wii version. I would love to play this in Dolphin with pointer controls.

Fantasmo

Credit there goes to Albert. He's done an amazing job over the last few years figuring out the areas where Capcom did their original photography.

Hi Cris. I wanted to drop in and say, thank you for all your hard work. I really hope the two of you don't get bored of this project. I have been ignoring most of the progress since I don't want to ruin it for myself when it is finally released and I imagine plenty of others are doing the same. I hope you don't consider a blackout of this, as noninterest. I think it will be more special to see it all finished!

Drain You

I have no words. I play through resident evil 4 a couple times a year start to finish, I am now putting my next play through off until this is finished. I don't care how long it takes, it will be amazing.

dlauv

Oh man. I can close my eyes and almost see the island section completed. This is moving so fast. I love how you guys and this project respect the original art. It's beyond anything a fan could dream of.

Nemmy

Oh man. I can close my eyes and almost see the island section completed. This is moving so fast. I love how you guys and this project respect the original art. It's beyond anything a fan could dream of.

Keep in mind they still have characters and monsters waiting to be textured. I'm waiting really anxiously for this, actually. With all due love to those environments, I really want to see Leon and Ada given the same treatment. And I KNOW that the Regenerators will somehow be much creepier when Cris and Albert are done with them.

Schlomo

Same here. I will most definitely replay this game on Steam when this is complete. No matter how long it takes I will be there day one. One question I have is how hard would it be to adapt these textures to the Wii version. I would love to play this in Dolphin with pointer controls.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard at all. I did it with a previous texture pack for PC with a simple batch renaming utility. Dolphin custom texture format has changed since, but I can't imagine it being much more complicated.

Golnei

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard at all. I did it with a previous texture pack for PC with a simple batch renaming utility. Dolphin custom texture format has changed since, but I can't imagine it being much more complicated.

Though the edited geometry might be difficult to replicate on Dolphin - especially in cases like the mirrored painting, where the texture mapping of the underlying object has been changed.

Braag

I get so excited for each update cause it means they're one step closer to finishing the castle part (which I imagine has a lot more texture work compared to the village or the island parts).

Bl@de

As always: Amazing work. You guys are making a perfect game even better. With such high quality textures this game will look amazing for years to come.

Nerrel

Sounds great. I will be eager to try it on Dolphin when someone makes it compatible upon the completed release.

I was originally hoping to do this, as I can't go back to dual analog, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. They've put a lot of work into not only the textures but also the geometry and effects, which would be impossible to translate over to Dolphin.

I just recently figured out how to get the remote and nunchuk working in Resident Evil 5 with glovepie and it's an adequate approximation of RE4 Wii Edition's controls. The same can probably be done in RE4 UHD, although I don't own a copy to try it for sure (waiting on this mod). If all else fails, the Steam controller is coming.

You're fucking amazing, as always.

Nibel

I just realized you guys changed the language on signs etc. to Spanish, and considering it takes place in a Spain-inspired setting, this is a pretty clever inclusion. Nice work.

Interesting choice to change the text to Spanish. On one hand it makes sense since they're in Spain, on the other, it's not completely faithful to the original. Maybe make it optional? I understand that it's still WIP of course. Everything looks great!

You've probably answered this already somewhere, but can you give us a rough estimation on when you think you will be finished/satisfied with the project? Or can you tell how much is already finished? 20% 50%?

Top Bottom