• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 is being review bombed on Metacritic

BASED Master Derico, glad to still see you around

And don't worry, everyone that has actually played RE4 back then knows that the original is miles and miles ahead of this unnecessary remake.

The original will always be known as a gen-defining game, this one is just a shallow copy that just makes things streamlined and edgy for zoomers.
Thanks mate, and the same issue we will have with Silent Hill 2 Remake...How to remake THAT ? One model, texture or smile can change the whole atmosphere.

Yeah, little things are what made brilliant arts.

The beauty that surrounds us ? atoms.

Last edited:

Doom85

BASED Master Derico, glad to still see you around

And don't worry, everyone that has actually played RE4 back then knows that the original is miles and miles ahead of this unnecessary remake.

The original will always be known as a gen-defining game, this one is just a shallow copy that just makes things streamlined and edgy for zoomers.

I played my Gamecube copy alone for like 20 playthroughs. The original is in my top 10 games of all time.

Having said that, this remake kicks ass, so please drop the whole “only who REALLY played 4” attitude.

Also, this game is hardly edgy. It goes for a creepier ambience, but Leon is still making lame jokes like he always does, but maybe you’re playing with some mod that replaces all his dialogue with Simple Plan lyrics. And streamlined? This game is actually more challenging combat than the original, has more difficult puzzles, and extra bonus content. In what universe is that streamlined?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
eh, metacritic serves as a decent check and balance.

i agree that having played so many games you can gauge what will be good for you with the plentiful prerelease info we get these days. but if a score is alarmingly low it'll make me double back and do a bit more research to make sure i haven't been misled/missed something important. similarly, if something i thought looked terrible scores alarmingly high, ill look into it a bit more.
Often I trust my own taste when it comes what game I will enjoy the most regardless of metacritic scores and so far it rarely failed me.

Astral Dog

The only issue I have with it was the removal of a certain boss fight, which was one of the original game's most tense moments. Outside of that, everything was as good as the original.
Yeah, with how much attention to detail the Remake got i was dissapointed as well that part got cut, though i remember it was hated/divisive for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Griffon

Technical issues true that!
Runs like fucking ass on the steam deck.

Both resi7 and 8 ran amazing on the deck.
Same engine… the fuck up?
I got it to a solid 40 FPS by lowering a few options and activating FSR2. Plays real good.

Last edited:

TonyK

I still find it weird that your adapter does that tho tbh.

I wrote this in the other thread already but...
this is great for this game, but it indicates that it doesn't send the correct stick input values, which in other games would be an issue.
I my opinion, what I think after days playing in the XSX to several games switching controllers, it is that the deadzone is the same in both controllers (as the deadzone it's defined by game) but the range of movement of the Dual sense is noticeably smaller than the analog of the XSX controller, so the Deadzone in the PS5 controller is perceived as smaller than the Xbox version.

My assumption is they calibrate the game to PS5 and use the same values for the Xbox version, but as the controllers have different range of movement, the control feels slower and the deadzones bigger in Xbox.

In a game properly calibrated (Halo Infinite for example) or where you can define deadzones (Cyberpunk for example) I prefer the XSX controller, it feels smoother and precise than the Dualsense. But in games with wider deadzones, as all Resident Evil games on XSX or the recent Wo Long, the Dualsense feels better, more responsive and smoother.

Your truth is always more heroic than hype, don't let it blind you, if you really like it, you don't need anyone's approval, it's personal.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Even though I only finished 8 chapters so far and still have second half of the game to complete, I'm calling this pure effin' BS, remake is hands down vastly superior version.

Last edited:
It could be you're running out of VRAM, are you able to get into the options menu at all? This used to happen to me until I turned off RT.
Yeah! Sometimes i van and sometjmes it crashes right away, i do know i have RT turned off , i'll try to get in the options and change some shit! I also downloaded a file to add DLLS i think it's corrupted and it deleted my saved files ...

Banned
I my opinion, what I think after days playing in the XSX to several games switching controllers, it is that the deadzone is the same in both controllers (as the deadzone it's defined by game) but the range of movement of the Dual sense is noticeably smaller than the analog of the XSX controller, so the Deadzone in the PS5 controller is perceived as smaller than the Xbox version.

My assumption is they calibrate the game to PS5 and use the same values for the Xbox version, but as the controllers have different range of movement, the control feels slower and the deadzones bigger in Xbox.

In a game properly calibrated (Halo Infinite for example) or where you can define deadzones (Cyberpunk for example) I prefer the XSX controller, it feels smoother and precise than the Dualsense. But in games with wider deadzones, as all Resident Evil games on XSX or the recent Wo Long, the Dualsense feels better, more responsive and smoother.

pretty sure the range of the sticks on both controllers is more or less identical.
so identical in fact that you can swap the caps between them.

and well made games usually have the same deadzone value on both systems.
I play the same stick settings in Apex Legends on both for example, and it feels pretty much identical on both systems.

I like how you're trying to downplay the antagonists to try and justify your point
Pot, meet kettle.
You're glorifying some menial shit to justify your point, I'm just calling out how stupid it is.
"Wow, the amazing one-note cartoon villains!"
"Wow, Leon threw a knife at Salazar's hand!"
Yeah, and these were improved upon in the remake.
Anything else the original is better at?
The rabid OG RE4 fanboys know they're on a solid ground when their only argument is "the old one was more stupid".
I'm sure if Code Veronica ever gets a remake, people like you will come out of the woodworks and put it down because it desecrated the holy essense of Steve's character.

Last edited:
They 100% deserve to be review bombed until they fix the deadzones on the Xbox controller. That's such a terrible thing to screw up and to do it to one console customer base and not the other (I know ps5 controller aiming isn't perfect in this game either, but it's better than xbox by a mile) is really shitty. They've had weeks to know about this yet failed to fix it. This is a serious thing too. Its a probably broken aiming problem that makes the game feel awful for the majority of players aware of it.

Pathetic Capcom.

They 100% deserve to be review bombed until they fix the deadzones on the Xbox controller. That's such a terrible thing to screw up and to do it to one console customer base and not the other (I know ps5 controller aiming isn't perfect in this game either, but it's better than xbox by a mile) is really shitty. They've had weeks to know about this yet failed to fix it. This is a serious thing too. Its a probably broken aiming problem that makes the game feel awful for the majority of players aware of it.

Pathetic Capcom.
They have to fix the damn crashes on Pc too (D3D fatal bullshit error)

Astral Dog

Pot, meet kettle.
You're glorifying some menial shit to justify your point, I'm just calling out how stupid it is.
"Wow, the amazing one-note cartoon villains!"
"Wow, Leon threw a knife at Salazar's hand!"
Yeah, and these were improved upon in the remake.
Anything else the original is better at?
The rabid OG RE4 fanboys know they're on a solid ground when their only argument is "the old one was more stupid".
I'm sure if Code Veronica ever gets a remake, people like you will come out of the woodworks and put it down because it desecrated the holy essense of Steve's character.
Joke is on you because nobody cared about Code Veronica 😢

Louis,Salazar and Mendez were fine,Ramon and his underlings were fleshed out through the files, Krauser had a cool unexpected scene i loved the references to operation Javier👍
something was off with Saddler though he had the suave Bond villain persona on RE4 but on the Remake he is just weird

Top Bottom