• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Grief.exe

Added new Beta patch info to the OP

Beta Patch:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558753803722588548/
Beta Patch 1.06

Instructions
  • From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 and select 'Properties'
  • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
  • Type RE4BETAoptin (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
  • Select the latest Beta from the drop down menu.

Fixes & Tweaks:
Re-tuned water reflection animation speed when played in 60fps mode
Removed static texture on burning candles in the church (Separate Ways/Another Order)
Re-tuned speed at which cannon shells are launched in Chapter 4 of Separate Ways/Another Order
Fixed one pixel-width vertical line that was uncovered on the left side of the screen in Credits and Options menu
Removed orange-ish post process screen effect when Leon and Ashley reenters the church after the Saddler cutscene.
Added back wake effect in 60fps mode after defeating Del Lago.

New Feature:
"Anisotropy" setting can now be saved when altered in the config.ini file. Valid settings are "0" "2" "4" "8" "16" without the quotation mark. Smaller value will result in blurrier textures, but this may help rendering performance for PCs that are at or below minimum specs.
Added a 4th color filter option in the graphics setting menu which slightly reduces the overall 'warm' color effect of the screen (Red and Green toned down on the RGB scale)

Newboi

I'm surprised we haven't seen any ENBs for this game. Well, good ones anyway.

I would love to see what things like SSAO, HDR, high quality Motion Blur, and Depth of Field would look in this game.

Update patch went live, 1.0.6:

Added specular highlight and bump mapping effects
Implemented stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects
Added controller vibration for machine guns and automatic pistols (TMP, Chicago Typewriter and Matilda)
Added a 4th color filter option in the graphics setting menu which slightly reduces the overall 'warm' color effect (Red and Green toned down on the RGB scale)
"Anisotropy" setting can now be saved when altered in the config.ini file. Valid settings are "0" "2" "4" "8" "16" without the quotation mark. Smaller value will result in blurrier textures, but this may help with rendering performance for PCs that are at or below minimum specs.

Laser sight color can now be customized by editing the RGB value in config.ini file located in ...\Documents\My Games\Capcom\RE4\config.ini.

Changes can be made by altering values from 0 to 255 for each of the base colors (laserR = red; laserG = green; laserB = blue). laserA changes the transparency level of the dot.

Example for Blue laser with visible laser dot:
laserR 0
laserG 0
laserB 255
laserA 255

To return to factory settings (red laser sight), simply enter -1 for laserA and save.

Note: These variables will not be present in the config.ini file before this patch. In order to make them appear, simply enter graphic settings, return to main menu, and close the game.

X+C QTE key assignment can now be customized for Mouse + Keyboard controls by editing usr_input.ini located in (...)/Documents/My Games/Capcom/RE4/ folder.
To auto-generate the usr_input.ini file, simply enter K&M control settings in the game, change any of the bindings, and exit the menu.

To change keys assigned to X+C QTEs, two strings, "KEY_1 = 00000" and "KEY_2 = 00000" (X and C, respectivelyly), listed under ###KEYBOARD must be edited. The 00000 value can be changed to any of the keys listed below (without quotation marks). When changing a values, ensure that your keyboard has the actual key(s) you intend to use for the QTE!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This customization changes only the input required to execute the QTE. It does not change the on-screen prompt! In order to return to factory settings, simply use "restore to default" option in KB+M controls in-game menu or enter 00000 for the aforementioned strings in the usr_config.ini file.

"F1" "F2" "F3" "F4" "F5"F6" "F7" "F8" "F9" "F10" "F11" "F12" "F13" "F14" "F15"

"0" "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9"

"NUMPAD0" "NUMPAD1" "NUMPAD2" "NUMPAD3" "NUMPAD4"
"NUMPAD5" "NUMPAD6" "NUMPAD7" "NUMPAD8" "NUMPAD9"

"A" "B" "C" "D" "E" "F" "G" "H" "I" "J" "K" "L" "M" "N" "O" "P"
"Q" "R" "S" "T" "U" "V" "W" "X" "Y" "Z"

"ESCAPE" "TAB" "LSHIFT" "RSHIFT" "LCONTROL" "RCONTROL" "BACK"
"BACKSPACE" "RETURN" "NUMPADENTER" "LMENU" "LALT" "SPACE"
"CAPITAL" "CAPSLOCK" "NUMLOCK" "SCROLL" "RMENU" "RALT"

"AT""COLON" "UNDERLINE" "MINUS" "EQUALS" "LBRACKET" "RBRACKET"
"SEMICOLON" "APOSTROPHE" "GRAVE" "BACKSLASH" "COMMA" "PERIOD"
"SLASH" "MULTIPLY" "NUMPADSTAR" "SUBTRACT" "ADD" "DECIMAL"
"NUMPADEQUALS" "NUMPADMINUS" "NUMPADPLUS" "NUMPADPERIOD"
"NUMPADSLASH"

"KANA" "ABNT_C1" "CONVERT" "NOCONVERT" "YEN" "OEM_102" "ABNT_C2"
"PREVTRACK" "KANJI" "STOP" "AX" "UNLABELED" "NUMPADCOMMA"

"CIRCUMFLEX" "NEXTTRACK" "MUTE" "CALCULATOR" "PLAYPAUSE"
"MEDIASTOP" "VOLUMEDOWN" "VOLUMEUP" "WEBHOME" "SYSRQ"
"PAUSE" "APPS" "POWER" "SLEEP" "WAKE" "WEBSEARCH" "WEBFAVORITES"
"WEBREFRESH" "WEBSTOP" "WEBFORWARD" "WEBBACK" "MYCOMPUTER"
"MAIL" "MEDIASELECT"

"HOME" "UP" "PRIOR" "LEFT" "RIGHT" "END" "DOWN" "NEXT"
"INSERT" "DELETE" "PGUP" "PGDN" "LWIN" "RWIN"

Bug fixes:

Re-enabled bloom effect on oil lamps, torches, etc.
Re-tuned water reflection animation speed when played in 60fps mode
Removed warm color post process screen effect after the "church puzzle"
Removed warm color post process screen effect when Leon and Ashley reenters the church after the Saddler cutscene.
Added back wake effect in 60fps mode after defeating Del Lago.
Fixed the “jumping” animation that occurred when quickly aiming up/down while drawing a weapon ("modern" mode)
Fixed the sound effect volume when Leon stabs Saddler in the eye.
Fixed missing texture on the barrel right before the jet-ski ride.
Fixed corrupted water in "Salazar statue room" in 60 fps mode.
Fixed additional camera flash during the church cutscene (end of Chapter 2-1).
Fixed rate of lightning strikes during Chapters 2-1 and 2-2.
Fixed "modern" sensitivity affecting game pad's left/right turn speed during aim mode.
Re-tuned mouse sensitivity to reduce discrepancy between camera speed and aim speed when using "Modern" control setting.
Fixed weak controller vibrations when shooting guns in 60fps mode.
Fixed a bug causing broken plank to sound like broken glass before encountering the Bella sisters in Chapter 2-3.
Fixed grey screen appearing before church puzzle in Separate Ways/Another Order.
Fixed possible freezes in Separate Ways/Another Order after QTEs during cutsenes.
Fixed animation speed of seeker robots prior to Krauser boss battle in 60fps mode (Chapter 5-3).
Changed "locked" mouse sensitivity during Del Lago fight, binocular and turret sequences – it should now be properly affected by settings.
Fixed a general bug affecting item drop rates in all game modes (grenades should now drop properly for Hunk in Mercenaries mode, and ammo drops overall should now be more consistent – this should resolve problem with rifle ammo drops).
Fixed the speed at which the battleship sinks in chapter 4 of Separate Ways/Another Order in 60fps mode.
Fixed the frequency at which Louis supplies ammo during the siege sequence in Chapter 2-2 in 60fps.
Fixed the bug for KB+M controls causing Leon to stand still when Ashley or Mike speaks.
Tweaked X+A QTE press timing to no longer require users to press two buttons at the exact same time.
Fixed aim cancellation when X+C QTE prompt pops up while using KB+M.
Fixed the speed of scrolling clouds in 60fps mode.
Removed additional camera flash that appeared during the church cutscene (end of Chapter 2-1) when replaying the scene in Movie Browser.
Fixed lens flare effect piercing through Saddler in the Final Chapter cutscene.
Fixed a bug causing weapons to float in the air.
Fixed flares piercing through walls in the church.
Added missing sound of splashing water when running back through the cave in chapter 2-2.
"Your right hand comes off?"
Fixed QTE difficulty for breaking enemies' grip while using mouse
Removed static texture on burning candles inside the church (Separate Ways)
Re-tuned animation speed at which cannon shells are launched in Separate Ways Chapter 4
Fixed one pixel-width vertical line that was uncovered on the left side of the screen in Credits and Options menu

I'm super impressed with the attention they've given this port. It's really obvious they ran into a ton of issues they never expected due to all the custom tech made specifically for this game, and I'm glad they didn't just abandon it.

There are always going to be some lingering issues, but after a certain point the modding community will have to take over.

The game is now displayed as -

resident evil 4 / biohazard 4

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

Kleevah

People on the Steam forums keep saying that 1.0.6 will be the last official patch, but was this actually confirmed somewhere?

Reknoc

its been like it for a while, pretty dumb change though, should have gone the whole hog and renamed it "4 resident evil"

It was Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4, just like RE6 and RE:R. Now it's all in lowercase. :|

Well, that's how it's always been for past versions of the game. Take a look at any cover for this game and it will say "resident evil 4" for the western versions and "biohazard 4" for the Japanese versions.

FLAguy954

Does anyone know why my resolution maxes out @ 720p? I just built my new rig (4670k and R9 270) and I can't get it to run at a higher resolution even after editing the config file and setting it to read only :/...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone know why my resolution maxes out @ 720p? I just built my new rig (4670k and R9 270) and I can't get it to run at a higher resolution even after editing the config file and setting it to read only :/...

What is your monitor's resolution? (Stupid question, but just to make sure?)

FLAguy954

I think there is HDTV support in the Catalyst Control Center. Maybe you need to add 1080p60 in there? I'm not sure. I never used that part of the application.

It's okay, I purchased a cheap 1440x900 Samsung Syncmaster and I got everything working again, thanks for the tip though.

Finally a reason for the lower case Steam game name:

darksamus: Why was RE4 renamed to use only lower case letters?
wbacon [capcom]: name had to be matched to the official trademark that was registered at the patent office
wbacon [capcom]: I believe RE4 was probably the only game using all lower case
darksamus: ah ok, so it's unlikely to be changed I guess?
wbacon [capcom]: yeah. I know some users complained about it because it doesn't look consistent in their library menu. understandable, but unfortunately that's one of our policies from a legal point of view

Source

Newboi

Has anyone tried playing RE4 using GeDoSaTo? Does the Bokeh Depth of field and various other ENB like enhancements work with it?

Has anyone tried playing RE4 using GeDoSaTo? Does the Bokeh Depth of field and various other ENB like enhancements work with it?

I couldn't get it to work. When enabled it showed a corrupted zoomed in quarter of the screen. I have got it working in other games, but not RE4 sadly.

Appleman

I'm on 1.0.2 from a while ago, but I can't seem to figure out how to get any of the later beta patches to work. Tried the code from the 1.0.6 post but it keeps saying invalid... Any suggestions?

I'm on 1.0.2 from a while ago, but I can't seem to figure out how to get any of the later beta patches to work. Tried the code from the 1.0.6 post but it keeps saying invalid... Any suggestions?

That patch has been out of beta for over two weeks, so you should already have it.

BONKERS

This port is so good after all the issues fixed (especially the positional audio).

But, still... the gamma/RGB range issues.

is there any definitive fix for this yet that doesn't involve clipping it any more?

Xtyle

Playing with mouse and keyboard is so bad that I literally gave up after less than 1 hour of playing. Never had much issue with the game on GC or 360.

Anyone using the 360 controller, does it control just like on 360?

Playing with mouse and keyboard is so bad that I literally gave up after less than 1 hour of playing. Never had much issue with the game on GC or 360.

I didn't play it on 360, but I played this version with a 360 controller. I wish the button layout was a bit more like the GCN version, but once you get around that it controls splendidly.

NEO0MJ

I'm having a problem in the game. While most of the time it runs well, there are times such as when I minimize the game and return to it or even just exit and come back to later where the game runs extremely slow.

Mr_Zombie

That happens only in 60fps mode. When the game can't hit 60fps, it starts running in slow-mo since all animations are hard-rigged to be displayed at 60 frames per second.

NEO0MJ

That happens only in 60fps mode. When the game can't hit 60fps, it starts running in slow-mo since all animations are hard-rigged to be displayed at 60 frames per second.

Yeah, but why does it work so well most of the time? I mean at the exact same place and the exact same conditions, sometimes it runs perfectly others it goes slow-mo.

Mr_Zombie

I have no idea. During my playthrough I saw it happened only few times: when I first meet the Merchant (I died soon after that and when I restarted at the beginning of the chapter, slow-mo happened again in the same spot), for a longer (thankfully non-fight) sequence somewhere in the castle (don't remember where) and once at the island.

emag

I'm really trying to get used to playing the Steam version with the 360 controller, but I can't go back to gamepad for RE4 after being spoiled by Wiimote + Nunchuk controls on the Wii version. Doesn't help that the 360 controller is much worse than the GCN one for this game. :(

News Bot

Banned
Bit of a bump but necessary question. I remember a few months ago someone was working on tweaking the lighting, particularly on the characters (yellow skin for everyone!). Is there anywhere I can find the options for this?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Bit of a bump but necessary question. I remember a few months ago someone was working on tweaking the lighting, particularly on the characters (yellow skin for everyone!). Is there anywhere I can find the options for this?

Many of the fixes were implemented into the game, like the bump mapping and specular highlights fixes.

What are the chances this gets ported to PS4/Xbone? I'm dying for a replay, but I don't have any consoles/computer that can run it outside of emulating on dolphin with my macbook.

Top Bottom