• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: 22 new-ish images

XGoldenboyX

857_0009.jpg

WHAT happened to the guy on the left, LOW POLY ??? hand --- Fingers all same geometry. Head --- You can see the edges of the sharp poly's around the head WOW LOD problem maybe ...

Looks bad there..

these images are so awasome, only thing I feel missing is that it looks so clean.

I wonder if Next Gen PS4 would have tiny details like FLIES you know those anoying bugs you see in the History Channel when you visit 3rd world countries. You could really see the heat the sweat and the stink of rotten flesh of RE5 with some FLIES

I guess FLIES is the new GRASS :p

this game looks awesome :D

ShowDog

XGoldenboyX said:
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/9500/857_0009.jpg[/IMG]

WHAT happened to the guy on the left, LOW POLY ??? hand --- Fingers all same geometry. Head --- You can see the edges of the sharp poly's around the head WOW LOD problem maybe ...

Looks bad there..

In motion with reduced image quality it shouldn't be too apparent. I think the screens are impressive, although they don't look very scary. Everything is so well lit. It reminds me of some shitty TV show.

ShowDog said:
In motion with reduced image quality it shouldn't be too apparent. I think the screens are impressive, although they don't look very scary. Everything is so well lit. It reminds me of some shitty TV show.

This has been one of my frustrations with the game. There needs to be something to justify the use of such well lit areas in the game. Perhaps things were mis-translated or changes in earlier interviews, but things like dehydration, hallucinations, and stronger/longer use of HDR effects indoors might have justified things to a certain extent.

iceatcs

Look okayish, some textures are really bad.

But I loving the aiming system, I'm happy enough but I still worry about too much co-op level.
I'm rather at least half of whole game to be my own rather with her.

GreekWolf

Looks great to me, I don't know what all the hoopla is about.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that this will be one of those rare instances where both versions will look identical right down to the last texture.

eve241

I haven't really read too much about this, but is the coop element "present" in single player? As in - do you have the girl by your side, helping you, despite being the only one playing the game?

Endow said:
I haven't really read too much about this, but is the coop element "present" in single player? As in - do you have the girl by your side, helping you, despite being the only one playing the game?
Yeah, I'm not too sure I want to have another character tethered to me at all times in an RE game. But it worked in Gears so maybe It won't be bad at all.

I dunno, we'll see.

raYne

Looks great, other than a few of those canyon shots. The demo can't come soon enough.

I also echo the "hud is too big" sentiments. It's pretty damn ridiculous and I blame SD players, just because...

soultron

Banned
Holy shit at angry black man zombie. Those BLOODSHOT eyes are fucking scary.

Game looks sweet. Sheva model looks sweeter.

Jme

XGoldenboyX said:

Looks bad there..

You do realize that this game is still a work in progress, right? That's why it's not on shelves right now.

hahah we've seen this in motion and it looks like one of the most graphically impressive next gen games....Im actually looking forward to it

zoukka

Some shots look great, but some lack any feel of life and grittiness. Everything looks way too clean and sterile and the characters faces look more comical than scary.

That aside my biggest fear is definately Sheva. I just can't see myself shitting my pants while another gun-wielding tomboy follows me everywhere.

Actually these are the worst shots I've seen so far :/

jett

D-Member
I agree with Bud. There's something about the lighting that comes off as weird to me, especially on that Sheva girl.

Pictures from last year look better than this new batch, the lighitng/shadowing especially...

resident-evil-5-20070726113934227.jpg

resident-evil-5-20070726113946399.jpg

resident-evil-5-20070726113924962.jpg

And I don't see this amount of people on-screen anymore:

resident-evil-5-20070726113942790.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The game looks hot.

I want to play as Sheva. Is there a choice in the matter?

Chris needs to redeem himself in this game. Last time he received an epic ass beating from Wesker.

eso76

Even if you take out the ridiculous amounts of AA these are easily some of the best graphics i've seen this gen.
What the hell is wrong with some of you :)

in fact it does look different, more videogame-ish and less realistic, but the fact these shots are ultra polished certainly has something to do with it.

-viper-

Banned
Looks great. HUD is bad though.

jett said:
I agree with Bud. There's something about the lighting that comes off as weird to me, especially on that Sheva girl.

Pictures from last year look better than this new batch, the lighitng/shadowing especially...

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/808/808266/resident-evil-5-20070726113934227.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/808/808266/resident-evil-5-20070726113946399.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/808/808266/resident-evil-5-20070726113924962.jpg[/IMG

And I don't see this amount of people on-screen anymore:

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/808/808266/resident-evil-5-20070726113942790.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Bullshots?

Timber

I don't like the HUD and the inventory system, those issues aside looks like an awesome sequel to the Game of Last generation.

goomba

Banned
Lets hope the old screenshots are from a different part of the game... because otherwise this is a different RE5.

People seriously thought it was going to look like those uber-bullshots? There are also bullshots, but more representative of the real deal. And very awesome.

VaLiancY

Looks fantastic but I don't care about the graphics. It's all about "Whatchu' buyin'?" and "Your right hand comes off?" that matters to me now.

And something called, gameplay. Yeah, wtf'ever that is.

Top Bottom