• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Were people complaining about that? Glad I didn't frequent any forums back then.

Back then, "zombies" with crossbows were as offensive as zombies with machine guns are to you now.

I don't think it sounds like her at all, but whatever. And since you can't prove it 100% it's a moot point right now.

She sounds exactly the same. I don't know how you can't hear it.

"I won't let anything happen to you!" That's clearly her.

Leon and the president are involved; why wouldn't the president's daughter, who was a major character in RE4, be in the game?

In the press release they say "Solo and coop experience" or something like that.
I don't think they're going to force the coop on us this time.

And yes this really doesn't look like ashley at all.
Especially when she's in shanghai with alex .
And the boots/pants are the same as rebecca's signature design . I think this really is rebecca.
http://i.imgur.com/AcGBk.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

So Rebecca got the Jill treatment and became blonde?

Her voice sounds a bit deeper and different. I don't know how yo can't hear it.

But either way we will find out.

And your assuming the President is Ashley's father. People assume a lot of things before games come out. Like Virgil would be in DMC4, that it was Sherry in RE5 and not Jill, or that MGS4 would be a good game. It wouldn't surprise me if the master writers at Capcom forgot about her. Wouldn't be the first time in this series.

Jinko

Hmmm well at least zombies are back, the trailer looked good but after 5 I'm not holding my breath with the gameplay.

Ra1den

I see that difference, but I also seem to remember Resident Evil 4 bringing the following things to the franchise:

-ganados with stun batons
-infected monks with crossbows
-infected monks that man catapults
-J.J., the militia ganado with a gatlin gun

And aren't there even some with rocket launchers?

So yeahhh I don't really think it's fair to start hounding on RE6 for changing things in an action-oriented direction while at the same time giving RE4 a pass.

Sure, but none of those things were enough to tip the scales in favor of it feeling like an action game. You still had the controls which left you always feeling vulnerable. I would say they pushed the action right to the limit of where they could, while still having it feel like a survival horror experience.

The Chris sections here have gone well beyond that line, and look straight out of Gear of War. Those sections do not have the survival horror feeling at all. That is, unless this trailer is just making it seem that way due to some misleading editing.

Again, I'm not ragging on RE6 though as the trailer looks incredible and I'm hyped to hell for it, but there's no question that RE4 was FAR more of a survival horror experience than how these Chris sections are being portrayed here.

Vieo

Well, I hope the main game lasts longer than 8 hours. It took me about 4 days to beat RE5. When I played RE4, it took over a month.

MechaX

While I like Troy Baker's acting, there is always the danger of him getting to Johnny Y. Bosch levels of oversaturation.

Yeef

Color me surprised. I wasn't expecting much, but that trailer has actually piqued my interest quite a bit. There seem to be some interesting gameplay changes like sliding and firing.

Story-wise, it seems that they're going serious instead of the purposely-cheesy route RE4 went. The voice acting was actually pretty good compared to the older games.

Everyone seems to think the blonde girl is Ashley, but my first thought was that it was probably Sherry Berkin. Then I decided that it's likely a new character connected to blood-guy rather than a returning character.

Also, blood-guy can't be HUNK without some pretty big retconning. Conjecture on my part, but Leon looks quite a bit older compared to RE4, which means this game likely takes place a good number of years after that. We see HUNK in RE3 which took place a number of years before RE4 and he looked like this:

hunk_epilogue_from_r_e_3_by_darksidernemesis-d3l4ud0.jpg

Not only that, but the personalities don't really match up. HUNK is more the calculating, silent type. Like Gordon Freeman without a moral compass. The guy in the trailer seems to be a loud-mouthed, gung-ho sort of character.

Aeana

Well, I hope the main game lasts longer than 8 hours. It took me about 4 days to beat RE5. When I played RE4, it took over a month.

They aren't really all that different in terms of length. You don't have to take my word for it: RE4, RE5 - a decent sample size of 30 people for the main content in each game, they are fairly close to each other. Perhaps there were other reasons why RE4 took you a month and RE5 did not?

beatsan

Neo Member
DAMN 45 pages already??? Not surprised. I am so hype. Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy in same game? Hell yes!

I am waiting until November for ResidentGiving

Vasili2K38

I love the classic RE, and even of that I had a blast playing RE4 and RE5 because of the gameplay (RE5 coop is pretty good in spite of the game flaws). So certainly this trailer looks awesome, but like it seems we'll have three parts (Leon, Chris and new guy) and only the Leon part looks some thing like the classic RE. So at the end this makes me very sad because when the trailer was showing that part I was something like "OMFG it can't be, a AAA game that seems like a survival horror". And then came the rest of the trailer -_-.

But anyway, day 1 ><

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DAMN 45 pages already??? Not surprised. I am so hype. Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy in same game? Hell yes!

I am waiting until November for ResidentGiving

23 pages here. The barometer is never the lower denominator of 50 post pages. It's the heftier 100. Still quite the active thread none the less.

Xpliskin

I'm gonna go ahead and call it, this is rebecca.
Same hairstyle, same signature design, same colors. Can't be a coincidence.
They could have used the ashley actress for convenience.
After all they have the same archetype (mini sidekick girl)
(I feel I'm gonna regret this but still lol)

Olive pants -> check
White top -> check
same haircut -> check
Medic -> check
Is not helpless (commando training) -> check
Sleeves up, forearms visible -> check
gloves -> check

RebeccaNew.png

NDYQ7.png

Moderately off topic - Anybody else a little peeved they didn't announce a Wii-U version? I'm positive this will be out in time to be a launch title. I'll keep my fingers crossed for E3 though.

This is mainly because I ADORED RE4 : Wii Edition's controls, and I'd sell my soul for a new game with that scheme.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'll just echo what others have said and say that i love it. it looks much more impressive than i even hoped. luckily, they've also not improved the voice acting one little bit.

i do hope leon hasn't gone all serious on us.

Very excited for this. I do not think November is a good time for it, but day1 nonetheless. Very interested in the narrative style that it looks like it is going for. Like Contagion, but with zombies, guns, and brosplosions.

Xpliskin

Question, why was this announced today instead of E3 or captivate?

well:

-Today's resident evil 15th anniversary.
-E3 announcement and november release, not enough time to build hype and market I guess
-The next gen is coming, they have to get this out asap
-They're very confident in this and rightfully so

Vamphuntr: I'm sad too :S Wanted my claire in next-gen hd glory. But... the good thing is there's still upcoming Re installments. Maybe in RE7. Besides, we haven't see every character in RE6 yet. She might be in there

Curufinwe

Leon and the president are involved; why wouldn't the president's daughter, who was a major character in RE4, be in the game?

It's going to be a long 10 months if he keeps this up.

Top Bottom