• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Raonak

Banned
Oh wow. T-Virus!?

Shit's getting real.

Hopefully ps3 version has move controls!!! made it so much more enjoyable.

scitek

Cool trailer. I like Leon the most by far, so I'm glad he's back. Hope the PC version isn't next year
but it probably will be

Sure, but none of those things were enough to tip the scales in favor of it feeling like an action game. You still had the controls which left you always feeling vulnerable. I would say they pushed the action right to the limit of where they could, while still having it feel like a survival horror experience.

Right, like I said it's more or less going to come down to semantics. While I agree with your assessments, the fact remains that RE4 was wildly different from the earlier games and much more action oriented. It gave enemies a plethora of weapons, something that traditional zombies would never use or even be able to use. The way I see it, the earlier titles while by no means realistic were at least grounded by the makeup of a traditional zombie style story. But RE4 took that really far with infected monks with crossbows and macho zombies with massive guns.

That's why I say that RE4 doesn't feel like Resident Evil to me. I base it on all the games up to Code Veronica because up until then they were all the same style and their stories worked together. RE4 nearly obliterated all of that, not just with the gameplay adjustments, but with the type of enemies you expect to encounter as well as the story.

And now, people are complaining that RE6 isn't like RE, when RE "hasn't been like RE" for 11 years now but they're perfectly fine with RE4. And that's understandable, it's a fantastic game, but RE stopped being "like RE" after Code Veronica. One can argue that at least RE4 had a good horror atmosphere, and I agree with that, but I do not think that it's anything like the first four games and it certainly laid the foundation for the series to become more action oriented.

I'm really happy that he's getting more exposure. And if he's the Nolan North of 2012, then that means he'll soon have a whole bunch of dudes mancrushing on him too.

I've been mancrushing on him since I was but a wee lad. You could probably put his voice inside of [insert horrible person here] and I'd still be attracted to it.

benzy

uywrin.jpg

sasori1_big.jpg

lk2vr4x.jpg

re4_ashley_costume2.jpg

jiqkys.jpg

Ashley_Resident_Evil_4.jpg

iydf.jpg

Man, WTF happened to the franchise. Dudebros, cover mechanics, guy who's jumping around fast like a super saiyan punching, kicking, and throwing infected people.......UGH.

The beginning of the trailer with Leon walking through a tunnel looked great, though, and that was it. I thought this game was going to take similar route like in RE2/RE3. Now we fucking tanks and shit.

Loved the trailer, I don't know if they are trying too much with some many "gameplay styles" but loved it.

All this talk about Ashley and Becca, it's like people claiming that the blonde girl in a red dress from early RE5 trailers was Sherry....lol

Didn't expect a trailer like that, I expected a 30 second trailer of just the resident evil 6 logo

:O damn give me it now, LEON!!!!

Now where's my Ada <3

Ilive1up

if they split it up, with leon doing more atmospheric, horror type situations and chris with more action packed stuff, i'll be alright.

there just seems to be so much going on in that trailer, explosions, plot turns, monsters, so much.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You mean this horror reboot?

Resident-Evil-Operation-Raccoon-City-Teaser-Trailer.jpg

I'm actually pretty interested in playing that. It looks like it'll end up being a pretty decent co-op shooter. And now that RE6 exists, there's no reason to shake your fist at this game anymore.

Man, WTF happened to the franchise. Dudebros, cover mechanics, guy who's jumping around fast like a super saiyan punching, kicking, and throwing infected people.......UGH.

The beginning of the trailer with Leon walking through a tunnel looked great, though, and that was it. I thought this game was going to take similar route like in RE2/RE3. Now we fucking tanks and shit.

Looks like it is taking a Revelations approach: certain parts will be scarier/slower; others, not so much.

In any case, the new character looks awesome.

Vamphuntr

I take it that the virus in the game is that Urobouros thing Wesker made in RE5? It would explain why the blood of the bald guy with super power is important. From what I recall of 5, most people were not tolerant to the virus and ended up mutating or dying while very few gained super magical power like Wesker. I guess it could explain why the guy's blood is important if he's immune to its negative effect.

Will wait on more news before passing judgement. As usual some Gaffers think they've played the entire game based on a 3 minute trailer and write off Revelations because it's on a handheld despite being exactly what they asked for.

As others have said it seems like this will be a big anniversary kind of game like Sonic Generations. It seems to have all different kind of viruses roaming about. It also has different play styles from different RE games. Also like the Game A, B, and C scenario with Ada having her own mission. I hope it's all interconnected as well as RE2 and RE4's scenarios were.

So far Leon's scenario looks awesome. His redesign looks good in some ways and terrible in others. I suspect his partner will be brand new but if she is a returning character it has to be Manuela. Only thing that tipped me off to that possibility is when she says it's all my fault and the camera flips to someones blood combusting as well as it looking somewhat similar.

Chris' scenario looks nauseating so far. However, the G virus infected creature does give me hope.

As for mystery guy, I'm agreeing with speculation and that this is likely one of those Wesker clones. His blood seems to be very important to the world and he also has superhuman abilities similar looking to Wesker. His partner is also probably new but it could be Ashley or Sherry. I need more info to assess how his storyline will be like.

If I had to guess it seems like Leon will be more RE4 style. Chris' looks like full out Operation Raccoon City stuff. Mystery Guy looks like sci-fi, action-adventure game instead of an actual horror. Here's to hoping Ada has a more classic RE style gameplay.

There better be an RE7 starring Jill, Claire, and Rebecca with Barry playable after completing their storyline.

PerZona

I love that it wasnt just a teaser but a full-blown trailer that would be more in line with some launch day trailer or something.

Agreed. The trailer has many gameplay, and it's only a announcement trailer. Unlike Square-Enix with their Final Fantasy trailers... >=((

Kusagari

Weskier was doing this for the past couple games.

Xpliskin

It sounds 99% like Ashley to me, but that particular shot looks like Rebecca.

Hasn't it been confirmed that it's the VA behind re4 ashley voicing this ?
Not sure.

And to add to her being ashley: The mercenary tells her his payment method. She must have a lot of money and she hires someone -> connection to the president's daughter.

Like how leon was a bodyguard for her in the re4 story.

im still in shock from seeing all the dudebro flipping gun spraying shit. this is capcom literally emptying the entire RE bin. there's really nowhere to go after this- at least with any dignity.

i can only hope that every second of it was cutscenes and there will be none of the vanquish (loved the game but it's a different genre) bullshit when it comes down to actual gameplay mechanics.

so far the only thing i saw that came off as being survival horror was the shadows of zombies in that tunnel.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
so far the only thing i saw that came off as being survival horror was the shadows of zombies in that tunnel.

Oh, come on... The zombie president part was practically a remake of the first RE zombie reveal.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Running on RE4 engine?
I was hoping for MT Frameworks x.x

I like the china scene though.....there was a shit load of lights in that scene...I like lights :)

Top Bottom