• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 spotted out in the wild...

News Bot

Banned
Well given the story overlap and the meet ups they created one wouldn't need to clear all Four to get major spoilers for each set of characters.

Good point. Though to be honest I've seen a completely different batch of "spoilers" which are hilariously the complete opposite of the one's Dusk just posted. Potential major spoilers, obviously:

Chris dies protecting jake
Sherry can die depending on your actions
Carla kills Ada
Leon and Ada kiss again as Ada dies in Leons arms again
Derek Simmons is final boss
All 6 players play together for final boss

Beth Cyra

Good point. Though to be honest I've seen a completely different batch of "spoilers" which are hilariously the complete opposite of the one's Dusk just posted. Potential major spoilers, obviously:

Carla kills Ada

So far the one constant is Chris dying. I firmly believed they would kill him, but I will be sad if so. He is my favorite and the first male lead.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I somewhat doubt someone has been able to beat all four campaigns yet.
I was thinking the same thing, but I was also thinking if the ISO is out, people could rip assets from the disk such as the transcript for subtitles, pre-rendered scenes, and the likes.

But as said, it all should be taken with a grain of salt as there is no proof, I just saw trolls posting it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I managed to beat Resident Evil 5 in about 6 hours or so. , two sittings the day it came out.

How long is this game supposed to be?
Almost all sites who recently got a demo build of the first 2 (of 5) chapters of Chris, Jake's, and Leon'a campaign in RE6 say the 6 (of 21) chapters took them 15 hours. Not just one site, all of them said somewhere between 13-18 hours for those six chapters.

Capcom claims it's a 60+ hour long game.

Phloxy

Haven't seen anything online to show that its been leaked to download yet, you guys sure it wasn't somebody just making stuff up?

Carla kills Ada
Fuck.
and I was super worried Chris would die in 5 as well.

Morue

I can't believe any of these spoilers, except maybe the
"Chris and Helena dying"
ones.

"Ada killing Leon"
sounds particularly ridiculous...

Axial

Torrent allready out? Damn you PC piracy!
Oh wait...

As for the small content size, probably just means that they left out all the DLC from the disc this time around :)

Apparently Helena is killed by the Ustanak, Chris kills Carla but dies while protecting Jake. Piers and Chris have a touching moment as Chris passes command over to Piers. Jake kills Simmons. Sherry can live or die based on your choices. Jake and Sherry either end happy together or Jake alone and hardened. Either way he promises to continue Chris's/Sherry's mission to eradicate BOWs from the world. Ada accidentally shoots and kills Leon, and the two have a last moment and kiss before Leon dies. Game supposedly ends with an Army of BSAA arriving on the scene to take care of the outbreak but arriving too late to save Leon and Chris.

Take with a grain of salt, of course.
That would be crazy if this is true.
Killing off their two most iconic male leads would almost be franchise suicide.

Jigsaw

Banned
about time they finally start killing some
heroes,they have like 11-12 main characters and no one ever dies. even if they kill leon or chris now,as long as you don't see their bodies mutate or melt or explode they can always bring them back to life,see wesker

Carbonox

Killing off Chris is a must IMO. I would be so disappointed if we had to play as him yet again in the future. Boring character and this would be a fitting end, not to mention passing his torch over to Piers. I doubt we will see Leon die though as well.

Ballsy shit needs to happen in this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are people actually reading the spoilers?

Guess no one cares about the story anymore, besides me :(

Jigsaw

Banned
Don't forget that the first RE could end very badly depending on your actions.

don't forget no matter what you did in re1 all the sequels simply ignore it

jill's story : jill,chris and barry survive
chris' story : jill,chris and rebecca survive
resident evil canon: jill,chris,barry and rebecca survive

News Bot

Banned
don't forget no matter what you did in re1 all the sequels simply ignore it

jill's story : jill,chris and barry survive
chris' story : jill,chris and rebecca survive
resident evil canon: jill,chris,barry and rebecca survive

The precise events of BH1, BH2, BH3 and even Survivor are intentionally ambiguous since the story is written around the gameplay, and to give subsequent writers more freedom.

Lucent

The precise events of BH1, BH2, BH3 and even Survivor are intentionally ambiguous since the story is written around the gameplay, and to give subsequent writers more freedom.

Yeah that's how it seems to be. I still think it's funny how they made RE0 and Rebecca goes through all that crap but then you play RE or REmake and she's like "oh man there were these monsters so I decided to stay in this safe room ready to spray someone in the face even though I picked up all these weapons from earlier and fought monsters and a tyrant so I dunno why I'm freaking out about a zombie AHHHHH!!!" lol

I liked RE0 but that makes no sense.

paolo11

Lol no, this is not true. Is there even a main character that dies in any RE games? It's not even the final chapter of the series.

Heck, I won't be surprised if Wesker will be in the game alive and kicking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Some of you guys suck total shit at spoiler tagging.
GAF taught me how to blur out my eyes when I see spoiler tags. I shouldn't even be entering this thread though :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are people actually reading the spoilers?

Guess no one cares about the story anymore, besides me :(

I'm still holding out as well... but this thread is getting more and more dangerous.

I'm keeping a mental note of the gaffers who've admitted to reading spoilers... so in a month when I'm reading posts about how "boring", "meh", or whatever the game is I'll know whose posts to disregard. haha

Yoshichan

I'm keeping a mental note of the gaffers who've admitted to reading spoilers... so in a moth when I'm reading post about how "boring", "meh", or whatever the game is I'll know whose posts to disregard. haha
Good deal!

I'm keeping a mental note of the gaffers who've admitted to reading spoilers... so in a month when I'm reading posts about how "boring", "meh", or whatever the game is I'll know whose posts to disregard. haha

Obviously the people who read spoilers have no idea what good gameplay is

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The way you dumbshits spoiler tag stuff is the equivalent of President of the United
States
is a robot!

Thank you for that... good laugh to simmer down my severe annoyance from the previous posts.

Trick_GSF

Banned
I can believe
Chris
dying, but not
Leon

lV2cG.gif

Why the fuck did I come into this thread.

Top Bottom