• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Jesus, this game is brutal.
Getting killed by a chainsaw is no joke. Absolutely gruesome.
And the Evil Dead vibe is definitely there for sure. The way Mia moves and acts is incredibly realistic.

Mia is also the name of the character in the Evil Dead Remake. ;)

Idk if I can play this I really don't know. I literally just entered the house and this shit is terrifying. I really don't know how someone can play something like this in VR you have balls of steel if you are though.

man i just checked the fridge and heard some foot steps upstairs and had to pause it

Opening of the game looks kinda dull and washed out in HDR.

My calibration is right... just looks rather bad.

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the HDR support but on my TV it just look amazing.

Nothing washed-out, very good levels of dark ambiance and excellent levels of light exposition. Nothing outstanding in terms of wide colour gamut.

Using 1600 HDR brightness on the menu. And equalizing the red and blue tones.

Ive got headphones on with the surround sound option ticked and its incredibly immersive and frightening.

Ill be periodically posting in this thread when i cant even.

nice to know im not the only sissy ahahah

Risev1

1st hour spoiler

Nothing like seeing your wife for the first time in 3 years and then proceeding to stab her with an axe 5 minutes later.

hughesta

Banned
2.5 hours in, just got the
dissection key.

This game is special. Combat feels satisfying, exploration is extremely rewarding, and Jack is already one of my favorite characters in the series.

Stopping for now. Yakuza in the morning, this at night, it's gonna be a fun few days.

Thank you, Capcom.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Kinda being very frugal with my money right now (damn CAD$) but I decided to go the plebian route and watch the first hour on YouTube.

Gotta say, this sure as hell looks like Resident Evil to me.

1st hour spoiler

Nothing like seeing your wife for the first time in 3 years and then proceeding to stab her with an axe 5 minutes later.
What got me was that
you guys re-unite after all that time under the presumption that she was dead, and Ethan just does the equivalent of "the fuck have u been" to his wife lol

ironcreed

Banned
1st hour spoiler

giphy.gif

Kinda being very frugal with my money right now (damn CAD$) but I decided to go the plebian route and watch the first hour on YouTube.

Gotta say, this sure as hell looks like Resident Evil to me.

Cdkeys.com

got the game for 40 dollars CAD.

do it up man. its worth every penny.

Lucent

Anybody able to stream from ps4? I'm trying to let a friend watch but it says unable to broadcast from this app.

My friend wanted to watch, can you not stream while playing in HDR? I'm trying with OBS but game capture doesn't work and monitor capture is disgustingly laggy.

I'm playing at 4k HDR on my KS8000

Steam won't let him watch either, just says waiting for me to broadcast.

Kalentan

So... I just... Had my first... Uh... "Chopping" I could say?

This is... I can't stress how good the VR is... But It is for sure not for the faint of heart...

Had my hand been cut off with the chainsaw in non-VR, I would have thought: "Holy crap!", but in VR it feels like it's happening to you even though you know it's not. The mind plays tricks on you...

PC version just crashed on AlfredoPlays and now there's frame rate issues upon starting it again. Hopefully it's not going to be common, I want to grab this on PC

bender

What time is it?
I'm a wuss but this game is really uncomfortable. I wish there was a lean option. I soldiered through Amnesia so hopefully I can make it through this but I usually chicken out on horror games (Silent Hill 2, Outlast).

Left off tonight after the first hour
and taking the axe to your wife
and decided to stop. I'm so happy they went this direction for this game. I'm gonna stretch this out to late night, no light on runs. Seems like the only way to go after tonight.

Aeana

This game looks really great in HDR, but it makes darks so dark and I have determined that this game does not need any help being scary.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alright. Just got past the
garage
. Game is pretty cool so far. Not super scary though, but the area that I just found has a lot of RE-style puzzles that I like. It looks okay, not super great and I'm not sure why the resolution scaling starts at .8, but whatever. Framerate is usually fine but the game has started to stutter occasionally. Anyway, done for the night but I am excited to continue.

Also, speaking of my spoiler, what were you supposed to do if
he stole the car from you? I died the only time it happened to me and the next try I went straight for the car and got it before he could jack it from me.

x-Lundz-x

Played for about an hour until you get into the actual house.

Pros:
Atmosphere is amazing.
Liking the first person more than i thought I would.

Cons:
If I have HDR enabled I'm limited to 1080P on my TV because it doesn't support true HDR.
Have to disable HDR on my pro to get 4K.

:(

Anybody able to stream from ps4? I'm trying to let a friend watch but it says unable to broadcast from this app.

Disable HDR, if I remember I saw a message about this when I booted the game the first time.

played for an hour and I gotta say.... pretty dissapointed

also I'm the only one experiencing like freezes that resumes after a few seconds? pc btw

Belfast

THE EVIL DEAD VIBES ARE SOOOOOOOO STROOOOOOOOOONG

(Which is a huge plus in my book.)

Thinking of the game in these terms makes it more tolerable to play, somehow!

Crazy demon?-infested girl whose look and mood changes at the drop of a hat and chops your hand off with a chainsaw? That has to be reference to Evil Dead!

How are people calibrating the brightness slider in this game. If I get it to the point where the left logo isn't visible, I can't see anything in the game. Is that how it's supposed to be?

ISee

played for an hour and I gotta say.... pretty dissapointed

also I'm the only one experiencing like freezes that resumes after a few seconds? pc btw

Nope, performance wise this runs pretty good for me (we also have a PC performance thread btw). What's your vram useage and gpu? Sounds like the game is constantly loading stuff.

And why are you disappointed? I'm about an hour in and so far this is a great take on Texas chainsaw massacre. It's disturbing but also entertaining.

kai3345

Banned
PC here. The game runs completely smooth on medium settings for me, and then either completely locks up, or chugs to a crawl during important scene transitions. Had the
guy busting out of the wall
moment completely ruined for me because of this. Anyone else had this issue?

hughesta

Banned
I didn't stop playing because I was tired, but because I felt like I need a breather.

That has never happened to me before. Can't wait for it to get dark out tomorrow night and go again.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I wonder what kind of effect the PSVR is having on sales, if any. Its the reason I bought the game.

Top Bottom