• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

rikichi

From what I hear, yes. There's a few good jumping in points, but RE7 is among them partially as it's a "new beginning" of sorts for the series (the third new beginning, as it were). While it has some connections to other entries fan can appreciate, you play as someone new to the series with a new cast, and works well enough stand-alone.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Koyuga

Got my copy Pre-loaded on my PS4 Pro, managed to snag a PSVR this morning with one day shipping. I'll be ready soon.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can someone that has already finished it tell me how often it involves Spiders and what the nature of the encounters are?

I don't want to know anything about the game, but this is the exception as I am extremely arachnophobic.

Santar

Can someone that has already finished it tell me how often it involves Spiders and what the nature of the encounters are?

I don't want to know anything about the game, but this is the exception as I am extremely arachnophobic.

There are no spiders in the game except a odd figurine that casts a shadow that looks like a spider when you turn it a certain way (part of a puzzle).

My OCD is flaring up, gg Capcom.

iJEOx5A.jpg

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There are no spiders in the game except a odd figurine that casts a shadow that looks like a spider when you turn it a certain way (part of a puzzle).

Aren't there spiders in the Old House? Pretty sure there's a door that throws spiders at you when Marguerite is like "Stay the fuck out!"

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Aren't there spiders in the Old House? Pretty sure there's a door that throws spiders at you when Marguerite is like "Stay the fuck out!"

Now I'm confused :)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i am too scared to play this game.
afraid i might get a panic attack while playing this game.

So sad i really want to play this genre but that last alien game and this one just seems to scary for me.

Santar

Ahh, hmm, you might be right, I just thought of them as "bugs but they could be spiders"

Markitron

Ahh, hmm, you might be right, I just thought of them as "bugs but they could be spiders"

OK so including your example earlier
there are two encounters then?
That doesn't sound too bad, I was fearing REmake-style problems with this game.

ISee

I was totally ready to pass on this but the reviews got me excited.

Yeah me too. Also the general positive vibe on GAF. Feels like Doom last year, I was ready to skip it and then it was the surprise hit of the year for me.
It's also just 28.50 € on PC :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Kalentan

The game is called Biohazard in Japan.

When they release the game on steam, they put both the English and Japanese names.

I know. I just find it funny. Like before it wasn't that bad. Just Resident Evil / Biohazard... But now Resident Evil is the subtitle of Biohazard and Biohazard is the subtitle of Resident Evil, it feels really redundant.

Feeroper

So, is the demo actually a part of the game, or is it its own thing meant to get a taste of what to expect with the game? I know it takes place in the same house and all that, but the impression I got was that the demo was a prologue story to the main game based on the true ending.

Either way, I'm very excited this is coming out tomorrow!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, is the demo actually a part of the game, or is it its own thing meant to get a taste of what to expect with the game? I know it takes place in the same house and all that, but the impression I got was that the demo was a prologue story to the main game based on the true ending.

Either way, I'm very excited this is coming out tomorrow!

it's its own thing

Moonkeis

Game looks great but it's a "Nope" as far as playing it. I saw a 10 min play through and this one of those games I just can't play on my own.

Mit-

I have a mildly spoilerish question for anyone who has completed this game already:

Does this game make any mention of past Resident Evil events? And if so, what amount does this game have to do with them? I don't want details, just whether or not this ties into old games a lot, or if it's almost completely standalone.

ZehDon

Gold Member
My copy is now on board for delivery. Itching (tasty) to get home and strap this to my face. It's going to be a long day at work...

I have a mildly spoilerish question for anyone who has completed this game already:

Does this game make any mention of past Resident Evil events? And if so, what amount does this game have to do with them? I don't want details, just whether or not this ties into old games a lot, or if it's almost completely standalone.

Just a little bit but mostly stand alone bit taking place in said universe.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
it's very scary, I played for 15 minutes. The first person mode is intense. I kinda miss the previous games now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-Loading!

First Person Resident Evil HYPE!

I wish I could handle VR better than I can. I have PSVR and will be getting this at launch but I just don't know if I can play it with the headset on without getting sick.

Top Bottom