• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

d00d3n

I don't want to spoil the experience by reading reviews, but can someone answer this: is shooting everything you see a no-no in the game? Are you supposed to generally avoid enemies like in penumbra/amnesia/outlast?

I don't want to spoil the experience by reading reviews, but can someone answer this: is shooting everything you see a no-no in the game? Are you supposed to generally avoid enemies like in penumbra/amnesia/outlast?

No, you can shoot enemies. In fact, on normal, just avoiding a few enemies early on means you'll have a nice little surplus on most weapons come mid-game. It's more that, you can avoid most enemies if you'd like to, but dispatching them is just as readily an option. And, if you run out of ranged weapon ammo, you can always use melee weapons.

ISee

I asked the same question in the review thread:

It's more like the other way round, honestly.

RE7 is definitely attempting to cultivate a new fanbase in addition to the one it already has, and it goes about that by flirting with contemporary horror games and movies, but mechanically and structurally it's very much RE.

Santar

enemy/boss spoiler:

Yes, there are spiders. Also, the old lady moves/ walks like a spider later in the game

Dang, I forgot about her. I guess she kinda moves a bit like a spider.
I feel bad for giving Markitron wrong info now.
I guess I just didn't reflect much upon the spider parts since I'm not arachnophobic, well that and I was trying to survive it all :p

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
So I can play this game in PSVR from beginning to the end, right?

The Ummah

Banned
Bruhs. Any final thoughts before it's officially out in the world? I'm still reeling over the E3 reveal, I gotta give it up to Capcom for a job well done.

Love the title!

274C0CC3C534D65AF2BB766A9E7188C439E16C28

So what beer IRL do you think is the closest equivalent to Kijimossu? I'm going on a run tonight and want to make sure I'm having the most accurate experience possible

It would be pretty chill if Amazon could ship my copy already....when does the ps4 digital let you play? Maybe I'll just cancel my preorder and download it so I can play tonight.

spookyfish

Wow. I ordered the mansion edition from GAME UK (I'm in the USA), and I just got this email:

Unfortunately, the Mansion Replica statues that formed part of our Resident Evil 7 Collector’s Edition have arrived damaged from the manufacturer, Link Digital Spirit, and we are unable to send on to our customers.

Because of this we are unable to fulfil this order and will be refunding any payments taken.

Whilst this was beyond our control, we recognise that this is disappointing. We will therefore be gifting £10 worth of GAME Reward Points to your account which you can spend online or in-store.

Thanks for being a valued GAME customer.

That's really a kick in the pants.

ISee

I already see me saving up healing stuff and ammunition like crazy just to end the game with plenty of stuff left. As always.

KDC720

Amazon hasn't shipped my copy either and I put in the order like a month ago.

Still, I'm very excited to finally play it after hearing all the good impressions these past few days.

Wollan

Trying not to spoil myself too much but just want to say that I've decided (after all the reviews) to play all or as-much-as-I-can in PSVR. Sounds amazing. Won't have time before the weekend but it's already downloaded and patched on my system.

So should I start on madhouse difficulty??

If it can really elevate the experience... might go with that

I'll be doing Madhouse difficulty from the getgo. I highly doubt I'll be replaying this, so I want the full experience at the beginning. Here are the differences in difficulties posted from another thread, and it basically boiled down to there being more upgrades and new upgrades on madhouse, enemies having more health and are more aggressive, and no checkpoints. Sounds great to me.

kc44135

Are there any in-depth comparisons of the different versions of RE7, specifically PS4 vs PS4 Pro? I'm hearing the difference between the two versions is significant, but I have a hard making anything out with YouTube compression and whatnot. Is the base PS4 version still a good experience? That's mainly what I want to know.

d00d3n

No, you can shoot enemies. In fact, on normal, just avoiding a few enemies early on means you'll have a nice little surplus on most weapons come mid-game. It's more that, you can avoid most enemies if you'd like to, but dispatching them is just as readily an option. And, if you run out of ranged weapon ammo, you can always use melee weapons.

Thanks!

Calmine

Pretty safe to assume that the full game won't support 21:9 imo, considering the clear non-support in the recent demo (like you state). Time to holster the buy finger and do something meaningful!

I know it's more likely it doesn't, but in some cases the final release does support the aspect ratio so here's hoping.

I'll be doing Madhouse difficulty from the getgo. I highly doubt I'll be replaying this, so I want the full experience at the beginning. Here are the differences in difficulties posted from another thread, and it basically boiled down to there being more upgrades and new upgrades on madhouse, enemies having more health and are more aggressive, and no checkpoints. Sounds great to me.

If you want the full experience first time then maybe go for normal, from what i've heard you can miss out on certain puzzles playing madhouse.

Dang, I forgot about her. I guess she kinda moves a bit like a spider.
I feel bad for giving Markitron wrong info now.
I guess I just didn't reflect much upon the spider parts since I'm not arachnophobic, well that and I was trying to survive it all :p

Nah, he has to play it anyways. It's a great game :D

Played the intro and can't help but feel massively ripped off... I mean, Capcom charged me £40 for a game too pants-shittingly scary to play.

I love it.

Carcinogen just said "This game is really awesome. I actually think Capcom outdid themselves with this one".

We've got a winner here, boys. I trust Carci's opinion when it comes to the RE series more than almost anyone else.

Top Bottom