• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - Early Impressions Thread (MARK SPOILERS!!)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

LifeLike

good lord right at the best moment, holy shit mia is fucking wild
saw too much from that twitch link.... exiting asap

derFeef

Despite not really sure what that game is going to be, I will buy this. It may seem it really is a best-of of famous horror games and a bit try-hard. I hope there is some RE typical stuff in there as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't read up on anything because of spoilers, but do we know what the dirty coin from the demo does in the full game? Is it worth it?

Seyavesh

tone spoiler:
so i guess resident evil became evil dead in terms of the tone of approach it takes

im ok with this kind of twist vs old games because that is still within the spirit of equal parts campy and horror that RE inspires even if the setting's tone is different from previous more 'alien/aliens' kinda competent action hero stuff

So far it looks solid. The first person scares are done well, and the writing and VA work is already top notch. Love Jack's quips and taunts.

Enemy attack animations aren't as varied as one might expect with the great visuals, but probably not an issue so long as you don't keep taking it like some players out there.

Plum

so i guess resident evil became evil dead in terms of the tone of approach it takes

im ok with this kind of twist because that is still within the spirit of equal parts campy and horror that RE inspires even if the setting's tone is different from previous more 'alien/aliens' kinda competent action hero stuff

That's still a spoiler you know. You can't just say "It is like x" and then say what you did, that ain't right man.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Osahi

I haven't read up on anything because of spoilers, but do we know what the dirty coin from the demo does in the full game? Is it worth it?

If you mean with 'worth it' that you should have it in possesion. Yes, it will come in handy. (I am correct that you can get a bonus coin playing the demo, right?)

But I am not sure it's worth all the trouble.

Seyavesh

That's still a spoiler you know. You can't just say "It is like x" and then call that a "twist", that ain't right man.

i gotchu. fixed that up, though i meant that in terms of
how they approach the horror/camp balance tonally. the silliness, graphic horror and super effective sound design combined is really surprisingly nice to me.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
My girlfriend is on the plane right now from Amsterdam>Dubai>Musqat (Oman). I already send her a whatsapp, so that she can look when she land on Dubai Airport. They have to wait 2 hour before they can fly to Musqat airport, so in the meantime she can look around for me :p

But unfortunately, i can start playing when she is back in 2 weeks.

USF

My girlfriend is on the plane right now from Amsterdam>Dubai>Musqat (Oman). I already send her a whatsapp, so that she can look when she land on Dubai Airport. They have to wait 2 hour before they can fly to Musqat airport, so in the meantime she can look around for me :p

But unfortunately, i can start playing when she is back in 2 weeks.

Lol, no freaking way she'll find RE7 at the airport. Only small "mom&pop" shops break the dates ;)

Dex815

I cannot watch that stream anymore... my blood pressure... Looks like the first time someone plays a videogame.

NAPK1NS

Well, just a small taste couldn't hurt.

*watches twitch stream*

Dang. This actually looks really great. The stream of events is keeping things really exciting. The voice work is well delivered which is one of the main things thats jumping out at me right now. It's the strongest the series has seen. Looks like its going to be a gross, scary trip. Wish I could swing it in VR. May just grab some of those 3D sound headphones can get my spooks on that way. One week, fellas!

Dusk Golem

Dex815

No wonder the guy doesn't even try hard to catch him...

giphy.gif

Looks like Resident Evil to me just rebalanced in certain ways. Saw enough to say Im not watching anything else. I'll only read impressions without spoilers.

Spinky

TAKING ALL MY FUCKING WILL TO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAAATCH

And I have none, so I just watched a little.

Didn't really see enough to ease my concerns, but I'm really freaking ready to play this thing now.

Gold_Loot

tone spoiler:

im ok with this kind of twist vs old games because that is still within the spirit of equal parts campy and horror that RE inspires even if the setting's tone is different from previous more 'alien/aliens' kinda competent action hero stuff
This... Sounds good to me! My pre order is in. My PSVR is ready. Not sure about my body though. Might not be ready.

Lindsaymv

This stream is really good advertising for me, because 1. I can see how great the game looks and 2. I DESPERATELY WANT TO DO BETTER THAN THIS CLOWN.

I really really swore to myself I wouldn't pick this up at full price, so I guess I'll wait for first decent sale...

Top Bottom