• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

I'd be interested in how they approach the Other M of Resident Evil. Still, with those themes, you'd expect him to look at Claire and Sherry first - she even has basis for potential superpowered action choreography.

Jill and Sherry would be a good team-up, though I'm not opposed to Helena.

Jawmuncher

I need to get my ticket for the Vendetta showing. Doubt it'll get sold out over here though.
It's a little bit of a drive but oh well, gotta make the sacrifice for the real sequel to the RE6 style.

ShyMel

I need to get my ticket for the Vendetta showing. Doubt it'll get sold out over here though.
It's a little bit of a drive but oh well, gotta make the sacrifice for the real sequel to the RE6 style.

If your theater is anything like mine, there are still many seats up for grabs. Less than 10 people have reserved their seats at the first showing, including myself, and all the seats for the second showing are still open.

Reknoc

Not even sure if it being shown in UK, not anywhere local for sure. I can wait.

There was one near me yesterday but the cinema itself was kinda outta the way and I didn't really want to go on a wednesday evening just for an RE movie.

I did watch Darnation or whatever on netflix. It was... okay, seemed to be pretty faithful to the games for better or worse. Turns out its much easier to put up with dumb bullshit when it's broken up by awesome gameplay.

Also Leon was like some monkey paw shit "man I hate angry RE6 leon, I want the wise cracking Leon from RE4 back" *monkeys paw finger clenches* Leon talked in pretty much nothing but one liners throughout the film.

Fingers crossed for Rev3. And that it's as awesome as Rev2.
Continue Rev2's story and team up Claire with Sherry and Barry with Jill. Or Moira.

A hypothetical Rev 3 needs to be much much better than the last two Rev games.

Rev2 is the best RE since 4 by a country mile so if 3 is at least as good I'm happy. But if it's much much better you wont hear any complaints from me.

Edit: forgot to mention I still haven't played RE7, no monies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Post a pic.

ca1e67ea77af9e7cd9af64defd0bfb65.png

(it's a question asking who you played as the first time in RE2, Leon or Claire.)

Rev1 was just okay, but I loved the hell out of Rev2 despite obvious budget constraints it had. If a Rev3 is as good as that, I will be ecstatic

Vibranium

Banned
I'd be down for Revelations 3, but hopefully it would have a higher budget and not be episodic. Ideally I'd like Jill and Barry to team-up, I mean the latter has a personal connection to the ending in 2:
evil Alexa-Natalia is planning something

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So just to emphasize something here and not in the main topic, the guy who said REmake 2 would be 'releasing' soon is definitely a mistranslation and meant to say he'll be revealing it soon. All I'll say is I'm not speaking off a gut feeling.

Posting Action RE gifs just because:

HeavenlyCreepyCatfish.gif

WEsker-Evil-1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

While I'm more of an overall horror than action fan, I admit I like dumb ole' action RE too.

Just a few days until Vendetta releases!

So just to emphasize something here and not in the main topic, the guy who said REmake 2 would be 'releasing' soon is definitely a mistranslation and meant to say he'll be revealing it soon. All I'll say is I'm not speaking off a gut feeling.

While I'm more of an overall horror than action fan, I admit I like dumb ole' action RE too.
It was too good to be true lol
Looking forward to it nonetheless.

strafer

Vendetta wasn't bad at all, still prefer Damnation though.

It was like they all said, you guys wanted over the top action well here you go, the action scenes were awesome and really well choreographed.

It was awesome to hear Mercer as Leon once again but not having RCS voicing Chris was really weird, it was like the voice actor tried to impersonate him or something.

If RCS didn't voice because of the strike then why did Mercer come back? Isn't he part of the strike too?

Anyway, it's worth seeing.

Jake2by4

Vendetta wasn't bad at all, still prefer Damnation though.

It was like they all said, you guys wanted over the top action well here you go, the action scenes were awesome and really well choreographed.

It was awesome to hear Mercer as Leon once again but not having RCS voicing Chris was really weird, it was like the voice actor tried to impersonate him or something.

If RCS didn't voice because of the strike then why did Mercer come back? Isn't he part of the strike too?

Anyway, it's worth seeing.

Just saw movie the but
did Leon really just caused a death on the highway scene with the dogs?

Vic_Viper

Awesome movie! Was by far the best of the animated movies and even better than most of the live action ones lol. I wonder what the budget on these movies are because some of the animation just looked insane. Yeah its one giant cutscene but it is on par or better than most Square and Blizzard produced scenes in some places.

The action scenes do get a little ridiculous at the end though which kinda hurt the ending. Some of the characters felt like they should have been in a game instead of the movie. There was one chick in particular that was basically a stand in for Ada Wong that was pretty much wasted.

Spoilers for this movie and the others:
Wasnt Glenn Arias the main villan from the last movie/movies? I swear he was the guy from those films but I havent seen them in awhile so I could be wrong.

Really liked how they brought in Rebecca Chambers but kinda wished they would have brought Claire and some of the other characters back as well.

kc44135

So, Vendetta leaked, huh? Well, for anybody who's seen the movie, I just wanted to ask;
how's Rebecca in this? Did they do a good job with her as a character? Also, is she pretty much a damsel in distress through the whole thing, or does she get some action too?

strafer

So, Vendetta leaked, huh? Well, for anybody who's seen the movie, I just wanted to ask;
how's Rebecca in this? Did they do a good job with her as a character? Also, is she pretty much a damsel in distress through the whole thing, or does she get some action too?

She does some stuff

Top Bottom