• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Jawmuncher

It's funny looking at Vendetta chris who we all thought looked bad until we saw his RE7 self. Now Vendetta chris is fucking amazing design wise

Golnei

Chris was real slick.

If only they could implement this into the game. Would be hell of a lot of button presses though. :p

dP0Uwml.gif

If DMC3 could do enemy surfing, something like that wouldn't be too difficult - maybe forward-melee with an appropriate weapon when facing a stunned enemy could work to initiate it, after which it could be directed and controlled.

I'm finding it difficult to consider a central gameplay role for a move like that (a human shield?) but I can't deny it'd be really fun in No Mercy Mercenaries.

It's funny looking at Vendetta chris who we all thought looked bad until we saw his RE7 self. Now Vendetta chris is fucking amazing design wise

Like I said before, I see them as very different problems. The character in RE7 is well done model of someone who looks nothing like Chris, while Vendetta and MvCI have provided us with very questionable renditions of the 5/6 design.

If DMC3 could do enemy surfing, something like that wouldn't be too difficult - maybe forward-melee with an appropriate weapon when facing a stunned enemy could work to initiate it, after which it could be directed and controlled.

I'm finding it difficult to consider a central gameplay role for a move like that (a human shield?) but I can't deny it'd be really fun in No Mercy Mercenaries.

Like I said before, I see them as very different problems. The character in RE7 is well done model of someone who looks nothing like Chris, while Vendetta and MvCI have provided us with very questionable renditions of the 5/6 design.

I am still confused on some people at GAF that said RE7 Chris looks more like the original from REmake when he looks nothing like any previous version of him.

Like not even a little bit.

I am still confused on some people at GAF that said RE7 Chris looks more like the original from REmake when he looks nothing like any previous version of him.

Yeah, I don't get that, either. I guess he looks closer to REMake Chris than 5/6 Chris, but only because of his more slender frame vs John Cena bulk

Jawmuncher

My friend keeps saying this to me. And it bothers me so much haha.

Yeah, I don't get that, either. I guess he looks closer to REMake Chris than 5/6 Chris, but only because of his more slender frame vs John Cena bulk

A lot of people don't like the muscle for whatever reason. Even though considering his work, it makes sense for him to be that built. Especially after Wesker kicked his ass in CVX and LiN.

A lot of people don't like the muscle for whatever reason. Even though considering his work, it makes sense for him to be that built. Especially after Wesker kicked his ass in CVX and LiN.

I can understand not being for his more recent muscular frame but as strafer said, Piers looks more like REmake Chris at this point lol. The model itself isn't bad it's just that he doesn't even resemble Chris at all.

The fact so many thought it was Hunk should say something.

I want to see this DLC, I wonder what the hold up is.

Neo Umbrella and Tricell are name dropped, as well as Los Illuminados, but I think that it for references. Oh and Becca mentioning Raccoon City.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I need to watch the movie again, but feels like Leon was shoehorned in it.
The reason they come after him is because he's a Las Plagas "expert", but Chris has also dealt with the Plaga in RE5, and he had access to Leon's report.

Also,
Leon going through depression in the EXACT SAME WAY Chris went in RE6 is really lack of imagination CAPCOM.

Jake2by4

I need to watch the movie again, but feels like Leon was shoehorned in it.
The reason they come after him is because he's a Las Plagas "expert", but Chris has also dealt with the Plaga in RE5, and he had access to Leon's report.

Also,
Leon going through depression in the EXACT SAME WAY Chris went in RE6 is really lack of imagination CAPCOM.

Not really,
Leon had thoughts of committing suicide, so it not like he just got depressed outta of nowhere

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Gradon

I want to see this DLC, I wonder what the hold up is.

Changing his face.
;)

I need to watch Damnation before I start Vendetta. My partner who doesn't really like Resident Evil actually introduced me to Degeneration and I thought it was always funny considering I'm the RE fan and I never got round to watching it before meeting him.

I'm just glad to get more of Becca. Finally!

BadWolf

Just watched Vendetta and absolutely loved it.

Rebecca, Chris, Leon were all handled really well. Basically the movie, characters, story and action played out like I would expect from a legit good RE game.

The gun fights towards the end especially were just excellent, they nailed the RE6 combat so damn well and took it to another level. I loved how they incorporated in-game angles during combat and stuff like melee, evasion, ground slides, knives etc. They did a great job making Chris and Leon's combat styles feel very distinct.

Now I'm even more butthurt that this wasn't RE7.

I must say for a woman in her late 30s/early 40s, Rebecca doesn't look a day over 20.

She was super cute.

Vibranium

Banned
I really like Chris' RE7 model and it feels like it is a modern capture of the very first concept art design from the original game on PSX.

Movie sounds cool, but Chris still looks really weird.

Watched Vendetta. Loved Rebecca's characterization, loved the action scenes, and it looked much better in motion than I thought it would.

People shouldn't be too surprised about the direction they took Leon in since he was already rather disillusioned with his job by the end of Damnation and he was already a more somber character in RE 6. It's been rather apparent that his personal life has been in shambles for a while. I actually wish they'd do more to explore the toll these insane missions take on our favorite characters. Because when you think about it, they've all been at this for over 20 years now. That's kind of why I want an actual series based around the characters since the games and movies don't have the time to explore this aspect very deeply. RE 6 toyed with this with Chris but he's pretty much back to normal by the end. Also, The BSAA and DSO need to think about having mandatory therapy sessions so their long runners.

Vibranium

Banned
How could you

Well, I'm a RE survival horror/action guy, rather than an all-out action person, so you know the answer! I will play 5 and 6 again on PC someday, Jaw...

Watched the movie, it was ok for mindless action. Rebecca being put into a wedding dress by the villain (yes I know there was in-movie justification or whatever) was dumb/gross as hell and felt like the director wanted it so they wrote it in. She was the best part of the movie still. Nah, I'll get RE2make for my city outbreak fix.

BadWolf

Well, I'm a RE survival horror/action guy, rather than an all-out action person, so you know the answer! I will play 5 and 6 again on PC someday, Jaw...

Watched the movie, it was ok for mindless action. Rebecca being put into a wedding dress by the villain (yes I know there was in-movie justification or whatever) was dumb/gross as hell and felt like the director wanted it so they wrote it in. She was the best part of the movie still. Nah, I'll get RE2make for my city outbreak fix.

Nothing dumb or gross about it, was a great way to show how delusional you know who was.

Didn't expect them to handle her character this well tbh, really want her in a game now.

Vibranium

Banned
Nothing dumb or gross about it, was a great way to show how delusional you know who was.

Rebecca was handled really well overall.

I mean, her character was great and did a lot of fantastic things, but it bugged me. I wish she had broken free of the bad guy using her smarts (after being infected), and then met up with Chris and Leon. But yes, I would like a game with Rebecca.

Arias was a decent low-rent Wesker. I still love Chief Irons for crazy RE villains though.

Jawmuncher

As a budget wesker I thought Glenn Arias worked well. He had all the staples I like to see in villains. Mono-logging, proficient in hand to hand, over the top and crazy. Like I need more of that in my RE. It's why I enjoyed Jack and Wesker so much. Actually liked Simmons too outside a bit too many transformations.

Kuraudo

Banned
I liked how Glenn was obviously unhinged but played completely rational and mild-mannered. It created an incongruity which made him genuinely creepy and menacing. One of the few things I think really worked in the film.

Manu

Finally bought a DS3 to start playing my PS3 backlog, and fired up Operation Raccon City.

Holy shit, I heard it was bad but I can't believe they made the act of shooting zombies with a shotgun boring. How do you fuck up that?

Also, why the fuck can any random player who joins my game skip the cutscenes? Who thought that was a good idea?

Jawmuncher

Finally bought a DS3 to start playing my PS3 backlog, and fired up Operation Raccon City.

Holy shit, I heard it was bad but I can't believe they made the act of shooting zombies with a shotgun boring. How do you fuck up that?

Also, why the fuck can any random player who joins my game skip the cutscenes? Who thought that was a good idea?

I'm more amazed people are still playing it.
Also do yourself a favor and play on easy. Helps negate some of the sponginess. Which is one of the biggest issues the game has

Manu

I'm more amazed people are still playing it.
Also do yourself a favor and play on easy. Helps negate some of the sponginess. Which is one of the biggest issues the game has

No shit. A regular soldier shouldn't take 3 point-blank shotgun blasts to kill.

Jawmuncher

No shit. A regular soldier shouldn't take 3 point-blank shotgun blasts to kill.

Also if you REALLY wanna cheese it. Upgrading Lupos indestructible lets you blaze through a lot. Also the guy with invisibility let's you sneak past a lot of sections as well.

I've played the game more than I ever should've.

kc44135

So, I finally got around to seeing Vendetta, and I actually thought it was really good. I did really love Rebecca's characterization in the movie, and I thought they did a great job with her. Glenn Arius was also easily the best villain of the three movies, by far. He was crazy, badass, and over the top in all the right ways. I also really liked how it transitioned from a reasonably tense horror movie in the beginning to an all-out crazy action flick by the end.

That said, I think Damnation was probably more fun overall. I'm just really partial to all the fanservice with Leon and
Mr. X
at the end of that movie, plus the
Lickers and Las Plagas
. Vendetta just has
zombies,
two dogs that get owned by Leon in an hilariously over the top way, and a wannabe MR. X Tyrant at the end. Diego and Maria (A.K.A. the big guy and the hot chick) seemed like they could be cool villians but they didn't really do much in the movie, unfortunately.
Still, I thought Vendetta was very solid, overall. 8/10, IMO.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I guess i'm disappointed with Vendetta because i expected at least a hint on why Chris left the BSAA and became a member of Umbrella Corps. But there is nothing at all :/

I guess i'm disappointed with Vendetta because i expected at least a hint on why Chris left the BSAA and became a member of Umbrella Corps. But there is nothing at all :/

Doesn`t this take place between 4 and 5... or 5 and 6 or something?

Either way I kinda liked this movie and hated it. Got a lot of Rebecca which is great. Also annoyed they retired ANOTHER Resident Evil female from the action. Claire, Jill, now Rebecca.

Still don`t like Superhero Leon man, I mean being trained is one thing, but this guy is like Captain America, Wolverine with a gun, and a fucking multi-vehicle stunt driving professional. Tone this guy down cause I can`t handle it anymore. He gets more rediclous every time they put him in something.

And can we talk about the characters general nonchallant-ness about civilians dying. For all the babbling they had about saving people, they sure could have cared less in this movie. Dinner ladies getting murdered, did not even look over, drivers on the high way, good job getting those people killed Leon, oh your not gonna stop to see if they are ok, yeah why would you. THE RAIL GUN, very sure they took more lives than the villian did with that shit.

Loved the scenario for sure, would have been a great game, but woah they were really out of touch I felt. Wanting to make an actiony RE movie for new fans in what happens I guess.

Also clearly the director watched John Wick like 20 times before setting this up lol. Movie is was everything I hate that RE became while being wrapped in parts I love about it.

Do you have the DLC? It's a far better campaign and just as long as base game. EP 1 is free.

BadWolf

I actually loved how it seemed to not be related to RE7 at all.

It felt like something that came directly after RE6 and that was it, which is exactly what I wanted.

Zambatoh

I suspect the movie's script had already been written long before they thought to include him into RE7.
Hell they probably thought it would be a cool plot twist before they really thought it through. The Not a Hero team was probably thinking, "Shit! Now what do we do?" Before tossing their old script in the trash and starting over from scratch.

And can we talk about the characters general nonchallant-ness about civilians dying. For all the babbling they had about saving people, they sure could have cared less in this movie. Dinner ladies getting murdered, did not even look over, drivers on the high way, good job getting those people killed Leon, oh your not gonna stop to see if they are ok, yeah why would you. THE RAIL GUN, very sure they took more lives than the villian did with that shit.

At least it's completly in character. In RE6 Leon and Helena couldn't give a single fuck about all the civilians that died aroud them.

At least it's completly in character. In RE6 Leon and Helena couldn't give a single fuck about all the civilians that died aroud them.

Leon actively pisses Helena off by taking time to help people, even people who are obviously fucked (two people on the security camera surrounded by zombies). Leon is probably the least focused character in RE 6 in terms of distractability from civilians. So I will admit that it was a bit odd when watching Vendetta.

Manu

Just finished watching Vendetta

Story: 7/10
Action scenes: 10/10
Rebecca's return: 8/10
Fucks given about collateral damage: 0/10

Would watch again

My favorite moment is when early on in RE6, he and Helena get into a police car and he manages to crash it after not even a minute of driving, and when I say he manages to crash it, I mean he completly flips it over, and that's while driving at walking speed.

Top Bottom