• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

RE4 Leon is the real Leon. He just pretends to be an absolute dullard of a human being in every other game, but for that one mission he wasn't afraid to let the BEAST out.

Mr_Zombie

Damnation Leon is a jackass. The translator took a look at 4's mistranslated script and figured "so Leon's this guy who says nonsensical dumb shit trying to be funny" and ran with it. It's a native Japanese speaker trying to emulate Western humor not found in the script and it's cringey. Leon's written as a cynical guy with sardonic wit, as per his life experiences. The translators don't even have a clue about those experiences, so they just add wanton attempts of "humor" at every single opportunity they can, and it comes off as forced, inconsistent and contradictory to the character.

I think that might be an answer to the criticism Degeneration's Leon got for his "mister serious" personality. People (the western audience) wanted RE4 Leon back - even if he was made like that as a result of bad translation - so the Damnation translators gave it to them.

News Bot

Banned
I also find it amusing that the localization of BIO6 makes it appear as though Leon and President Benford are best buddies, even though Benford was the very agent who threatened to kill him and Sherry if he didn't become the government's human cannon fodder. The line "I've always valued your friendship Leon" doesn't exist in the actual script. He says something along the lines of "thanks for going along with me."

I think that might be an answer to the criticism Degeneration's Leon got for his "mister serious" personality. People (the western audience) wanted RE4 Leon back - even if he was made like that as a result of bad translation - so the Damnation translators gave it to them.

He was mishandled in Degeneration due to poor writing. Shotaro Suga just isn't very good at writing this series compared to the likes of Yasuhiro Seto. But there are ways to address that without going the opposite extreme.

Manu

I also find it amusing that the localization of BIO6 makes it appear as though Leon and President Benford are best buddies, even though Benford was the very agent who threatened to kill him and Sherry if he didn't become the government's human cannon fodder. The line "I've always valued your friendship Leon" doesn't exist in the actual script. He says something along the lines of "thanks for going along with me."

Maybe Leon warmed up to him
I got nothing.

News Bot

Banned
Maybe Leon warmed up to him
I got nothing.

Even Damnation has a line at the end where Leon implies Benford is a bastard, albeit one he cooperated with in taking down Umbrella since he was his CO while in the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team.

Manu

Even Damnation has a line at the end where Leon implies Benford is a bastard, albeit one he cooperated with in taking down Umbrella since he was his CO while in the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team.

He also got Sherry pretty much locked down until she was of age with the ocassional visit by Leon and Claire.

So yeah, I wouldn't call Benford a nice guy either.

So I guess Benford is not Ashley's dad.

That was president Graham.

Jawmuncher

Really? They mention Benford's name. It's also 10 years after RE4.

If you make a RE6 thread, most people go "Really?" I thought that was Ashley's dad. Guess it's just due to that disconnect. Last time you hear about a President is in RE4, so you hear president again in RE6 you're gonna think it's the same person.

News Bot

Banned
He also got Sherry pretty much locked down until she was of age with the ocassional visit by Leon and Claire.

So yeah, I wouldn't call Benford a nice guy either.

Benford gave her to Simmons once she was captured. The fact that Benford and Simmons were friends for thirty years is very telling of Benford's true nature, especially since Simmons openly advocated biological weapons and is indirectly responsible for sparking the Raccoon City incident by sending Delta Force to repatriate Birkin and steal the G-Virus, a mission Benford was also involved in. In 6 he's repentant after realizing his own advocacy for biological weapons has led to global bioterrorism, but the localization suggests that he's always been a great guy.

Leon and Adam did become friends to an extent but it's nothing like it's portrayed in the localization. For Leon it's basically Stockholm Syndrome and they are two opposites in terms of personality.

Sadist

It was pretty obvious Benford wasn't Ashley's dad.

But Benford being friends with Simmons is news to me. Makes sense in the story now.

Seyavesh

i will choose to ignore the facts and go on believing that leon is best buds with the eternal president because that is ridiculous and great

Nemesis_

Yeah, Rev 1 is bottom tier for me. Those stupid bullet sponge bosses are the worst.

The first Scagdead just. wouldn't. die.

To this day I'm still unsure why I even replayed it. Dreadful experience.

I still consider it to be a 5/10 game. Least favorite RE just below CVX.

I totally forgot it was developed by TOSE as News Bot mentioned but really I should have known better. The enemies were untextured which made sense story wise but seemed to be some budget way to get around designing visually interesting enemies. Everything was just a tired boring blobby mess.

Even worse was that the ooze didn't really seem to react to your weaponry much which is really what separates the bigger budget games from the lower budget games - you just pummel them with bullets and that's it. It just felt......generic.

I'll give Neit that there are some genuinely creepy moments in the game, such as the Mayday moment. But even then I don't think it stacks up against some of the rest of the games. That being said there are no memorably scary moments in Revelations 2 for me so maybe I'm being a hypocrite in that sense.

Not to mention those positively tragic supporting cast members. What the fucking fuck. I hope I never have to see them again

I really have to stop you where you mention that Revelations feels more expensive than RE5 did. There's no grandiosity to any of it's major moments.

I also felt that the use of Dante's Inferno as a framing device was pretentious, though the use of Kafka in Revelations 2 was also the same for me. The story itself was just so ridiculous. It erred way too far towards the movies for my liking with all of the pseudo sci-fi "solar powered cities bullshit".

The whole evil clone aspect of Resident Evil 6 really pissed me off too because when the script leaked months in advance of the games release I assumed it couldnt be true because this stupid-ass Carla Radames characters sounded too much like the movies :|

Manu

I'll give Neit that there are some genuinely creepy moments in the game, such as the Mayday moment. But even then I don't think it stacks up against some of the rest of the games. That being said there are no memorably scary moments in Revelations 2 for me so maybe I'm being a hypocrite in that sense.

The first Revenant in Rev2 was a great scary moment. Starting with Natalia's "what is that?" And I love he can appear in two different ways: He either breaks through the ceiling, or sneaks behind you if you try to force the lock before fighting it. The way you see the shadow growing bigger as it gets closer to you was great.

Nemesis_

The first Revenant in Rev2 was a great scary moment. Starting with Natalia's "what is that?" And I love he can appear in two different ways: He either breaks through the ceiling, or sneaks behind you if you try to force the lock before fighting it. The way you see the shadow growing bigger as it gets closer to you was great.

Actually yeah you're right the first Revenant encounter was fantastic.

Now that I think about it the whole idea of the Glasps was gross and the visual effects and distortions made me a bit ill

News Bot

Banned
The whole evil clone aspect of Resident Evil 6 really pissed me off too because when the script leaked months in advance of the games release I assumed it couldnt be true because this stupid-ass Carla Radames characters sounded too much like the movies :|

This plot point was a perfect example of "so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

It makes perfect logical sense in context. The C-Virus is capable of it, since it's based on the attribute of the G-Virus to create a brand new life-form from any host with the addition of the Chrysalis stage to tailor those new life-forms. But it's still a lazy, uninspired and uninteresting plot conceived to manufacture a conflict that lasts only a few moments. Thank god for Hirabayashi actively seeking to maintain consistency in the series. He's the only reason 6's plot didn't just contradict everything that came before.

Jake has actually grown on me but that plot point suffered from the same problem. There's no reason it can't work, but that doesn't mean it does work. Writing something just because you can doesn't make it good.

Yeah Rev 2 had some really good enemies actually. I just wish there were a bit more, and more combinations and variations of them to mix up encounters a bit more.

Quick question if anyone has the patience for this one:

I've been a huge Resident Evil fan since the original release but tuned out when RE5 came out, the Co-op stuff and sunny thing just wasn't for me. I'd like to get into some of the stuff I may have missed in the series. Here's a list of the games I've played in favorite to least favorite order:

1. REmake; only played on GC
2. Resident Evil 2; only played on PSX
3. Resident Evil 4; only played on GC
4. Resident Evil 1 & Directors Cut; only played on PSX and can't even remember the difference between the two at this point.
??? Resident Evil 3; only played on GC and can't remember it at all somehow!
5. Code Veronica; only played on Dreamcast and disliked it quite strongly

What should I try that I may have missed and in what order possibly?

PS: I absolutely loathe forced Co-op/baby sitting missions.

Jawmuncher

I really hated Alex's final mutation, it looked way too kooky.

Neil's was alright though.

Quick question if anyone has the patience for this one:

I've been a huge Resident Evil fan since the original release but tuned out when RE5 came out, the Co-op stuff and sunny thing just wasn't for me. I'd like to get into some of the stuff I may have missed in the series. Here's a list of the games I've played in favorite to least favorite order:

1. REmake; only played on GC
2. Resident Evil 2; only played on PSX
3. Resident Evil 4; only played on GC
4. Resident Evil 1 & Directors Cut; only played on PSX and can't even remember the difference between the two at this point.
??? Resident Evil 3; only played on GC and can't remember it at all somehow!
5. Code Veronica; only played on Dreamcast and disliked it quite strongly

What should I try that I may have missed and in what order possibly?

PS: I absolutely loathe forced Co-op/baby sitting missions.

The only Resident Evil game with full-on baby sitting is really RE5. The partners in Revelations 1 are just kind of there. In RE6 they have infinite ammo and health. In revelation's 2 you have to take care of them a bit but not really. They're more there to help with puzzles. I rarely ever had to play as the other character except to open a door or something. Resident Evil 0 the AI handles itself due to it being the older style. So if the AI is getting beat up, you probably are as well. Since in that game it either sticks right by you or you are separated doing your own things between the characters.

I would say in terms of the newer stuff RE0HD, and Revelations 1 and 2 are really all you need to play. Not counting maybe replaying the game you completely forgot about. Though in the case of RE0 it's considered lower than CVX but it depends on who you ask. I personally think it's far better. Especially since there's no forced gimmick FPS stuff and even though it's not finely tuned feels a bit better crafted. I would say maybe try RE6 if you ever get in the mood for some action, but it's still a coop style game so you probably wouldn't care for it.

News Bot

Banned
Revenants and Glasps are some of my favorite monsters in the series. The only enemy in 6 that really appealed to me was the Lepotica. What makes a monster most appealing is the gross distortion of human characteristics. Monsters in the series that lack these characteristics typically aren't as interesting. Piers' mutation is far better than Simmons', for instance, because Piers still looks human. There's something uniquely grotesque about him that doesn't apply to Simmons, who is just a biological Transformer.

The Afflicted were under-developed. I love the idea of them being midway between Zombie and human, but the game glosses over them entirely. We don't even really know how they're created and I don't think the game distinguishes between those that were accidentally infected and those that were infected and tortured to tailor the virus' response to (nor)adrenaline.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will say the idea of Jake I very much dislike, but the actual character I'm fine with. He grew on me playing the game, though the problem with him is him being a main for future games would mean I probably won't get my future horror direction wishes.

I also don't think anyone would of guessed the first character in the series to have kids (outside of Barry, but he had them at the start of the first game) would be fucking Wesker.

Jawmuncher

I will say the idea of Jake I very much dislike, but the actual character I'm fine with. He grew on me playing the game, though the problem with him is him being a main for future games would mean I probably won't get my future horror direction wishes.

I also don't think anyone would of guessed the first character in the series to have kids (outside of Barry, but he had them at the start of the first game) would be fucking Wesker.

I mean it seems at this point capcom kind of regret's killing wesker. Despite being dead he is still showing up everywhere. Not that I mind. Aside from that they could always take his power's away. They did it in the movies, I don't think it's a stretch for the game's to have such a thing. However I feel like that would kind of defeat the purpose of the character. Unless maybe it was regulated to just a few chapters in the story or something. Even aside from that they could do the seperate campaign kind of things. Jake Campaign full-on action, another character campaign more horror.

I personally want him to stay the way he is. I like Jake, and to me it makes sense for a character to have some extra powers. It's not like he was doing anything too crazy from the rest of the cast in RE6.

Sadist

The ladies like Wesker. Jake's mom really liked him. Excella thought they were in love.

Leon always wants women he can't get. Dude loves to cockblock himself.

Wesker was swaggy as hell, of course he was popping out kids. If Leon weren't so focused on chaising Ada's tail he could have left a lot of fatherless babies across Spain.

Nemesis_

Monsters in the series that lack these characteristics typically aren't as interesting. Piers' mutation is far better than Simmons', for instance, because Piers still looks human. There's something uniquely grotesque about him that doesn't apply to Simmons, who is just a biological Transformer.

Yeah, it's because they are still people underneath all that gross shit it's more effective. It's even worse when you can't control it. Alexia was less imposing because she controlled it. Excella's mutation is one of my favourites cos it's VERY clear she didn't want it to happen and you actually see the tendrils burst out of her.

excella_transformwkjtx.jpg

I just tell myself that he ordered Jake to be created in a lab or something.

Or he got down and dirty with Excella when they first met.

I wonder why they went from the timid looking secretary to the character we got now for Excella.......such a weirdly over the top character BUT SO GREAT

He grew on me as well, though I think Troy Baker's work had a lot to do with it. The character could've easily gone south with the wrong approach.

Dusk Golem

For my favorite monsters in the series, I have weird tastes but I like monsters I find cool design-wise, fun mechanically, or interesting in a disturbing way gameplay wise.

Neptune from REmake I like because it poses a different kind of danger and way it approaches you than any other enemy in the game, plus of course the giant one with its own panic-inducing theme and one-hit eating you kill.

I've always loved the G-Virus and its mutations/monstrosities. A further evolving abomination body horror monster I find fascinating; I kind of wish the idea of it was explored more.

I like Verdugo because of his encounter being quite tense, though he also does kind of look like a not quite as cool Xenomorph rip-off.

I always liked these things from Darkside Chronicles on design alone, to bad they don't appear anywhere else in the series:
latest

There's a lot of monsters I like, even from the games I mentioned. I like Crimson Heads mechanically and conceptually, I like Regenerators/Iron Maidens in their presentation, etc.

---

For Resident Evil 6 and Revelations 2 specifically, I have a few weird enemies I like in the games.

In RE6, I like the Lepotica as many do, it looks absolutely freakish and presents a threat in gameplay. However, I also have a soft spot in my heart for some of the C-Virus mutations, especially the more insectoid ones (the ones that are spiders, the ones that go slashing crazy, the ones that spray webs, etc). I forget their name off the top, but I also like the big buff ones with the weak shells on their back, I find them satisfying to fight. For how dumb it is, I do like Simmonsaurs-Rex.The invisible snake I'm fond of. I may be the only person in the world who likes those regenerating enemies you meet in one scenario in each campaign. I love Carla's transformed design and the other monstrosities of hers around there. I like the chainsaw enemy in RE6, maybe because he reminds me a lot the chainsaw killer in the intro of Tokyo Gore Police (without the dreadlocks, of course). I have for some reason a really, really strong attachment to the design, idea, and somewhat the execution of Haos also. Probably my favorite monster from RE6.

latest

For Revelations 2, I liked how some of the enemies worked mechanically. Not many liked the Glasps, but I enjoyed them a lot mechanically with the two character system (and quite liked their death scene also). Revenants stand out to most people, and myself too. I think the way they move is kind of creepy, especially in their agitated mood. I also like how they work mechanically, both with the hidden weakpoint and shooting off skin from limbs, but also that they function different both before and after you peel one of their layers of skin off (which also makes a consequence if you guess wrong). I liked how Pedro worked mechanically quite a bit, found him to be the best 'chainsaw' type enemy since Salvador (even if not specifically a chainsaw). I kind of like Durga's, their design and how they shield themselves and fling themselves around. Those big guys with the fire pots they use as canon's I am not that fond of design-wise, but like them a lot mechanically. I also like
Alex's boss forms design and how they function, personally.

I think Revelations 2 had some interesting monster designs, but a few could of been pulled off better, but mechanically may have some of the most original monsters in the series. Some very out there but interesting ideas for the monsters and how they function, I must say.

Nemesis_

I really like Revelations 2 monster designs but the only thing I possibly could fault them for is that most of the ones they showed off early evoked a little bit too much of an Evil Within vibe. Lots of raw flesh and barbed wire - as shocking as it looks - was thematically wayyyyyy too similar to Evil Within which was releasing around the same time (or promoted around the same time).

They also looked a bit like they just stepped out of a SAW movie.

HAOS is in the series' top 5 monster designs.

Too bad the actual boss fight was kinda crap.

I really don't know how to feel about it. It reminds me too much of the Human Reaper from Mass Effect 2

I do have a thing for enemies that are clearly "underdeveloped". The GOD from Silent Hill 3 comes to mind.

Dusk Golem

HAOS is in the series' top 5 monster designs.

Too bad the actual boss fight was kinda crap.

I really don't know how to feel about it. It reminds me too much of the Human Reaper from Mass Effect 2

Haos_Render.PNG

HAOS I like a lot personally,design-wise, I also think he is the odd monster that looks a lot better in his in-game form that is fancy artwork.

X17_dq9LGL0-ZF5gYyOrM8rlYWzN8zIYjUXe8yTIysSxuqH3cdsI6GTgWKBiy0D1cM87baWCIJp5TMVuuPwf4zx5LAg=w426-h240-n
mqdefault.jpg

I think the Mass Effect comparisons mostly come from the skull face, but I've seen that in horror movies so I don't really make the association much personally. I also guess the full form of HAOS is supposed to look like a crawfish almost. You don't really get to see his bottom half in the game much itself because he gets it ripped off early in his fight, but the full version if you export it out from the game's files looks likes this:

h_a_o_s__re6_by_adngel-d7km9vp.jpg

...However, his fight could of been more, definitely. It's an okay fight, but feels the design deserves more (and the last phase of the fight can be very confusing the first time).

I do love his boss theme also, though.
Phase 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7YA3zCQpjc
Phase 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QipCYeY1Uio

News Bot

Banned
I thought Talos from Umbrella Chronicles was pretty lame.
http://es.residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/T-A.L.O.S.
Looked like a damn metal gear when armored up.

Well that was pretty much the point. They wanted something practical rather than grotesque since it is essentially the ultimate B.O.W. I think it's perfectly acceptable considering how much of a monster roster there already was at that point, there needed to be something that showed Umbrella's research was actually fruitful from a military standpoint. An on-rails shooter was the best place to showcase it. Tyrants and Hunters are all well and good as infantry replacements but against the likes of helicopters and tanks they are just target practice. It makes sense for Umbrella to want to create a product ideal for those opponents, otherwise they'd never fulfill the goal of monopolizing the weapons industry.

Its Super Tyrant stage is bollocks though.

Can we blame TOSE?

Not in this case. They handle modeling and textures, but not designs.

I also guess the full form of HAOS is supposed to look like a crawfish almost.

It was likely created with a C-Virus strain that included marine crustacean genes so that it could survive underwater. The genes of bacteria resistant to heat were also incorporated. Essentially HAOS was designed so that it could survive any condition anywhere on the planet to ensure that it spread the C-Virus globally.

Seyavesh

in terms of gameplay design the guys with the weakpoints that are the bread & butter of barry's campaign in rev2 are like easily some of the best designed enemies in any of the third person action REs period. like i've posted it a million times but i feel like it bears repeating because they are really really good

in terms of actual aesthetic design...
i'm not actually sure...? i think the mutations/combined insect + armed combatant theme of j'avo is cool in terms of merging aesthetic design and gameplay design

the chimeras (?) in RE3 and whatever the bug enemy in RE5 that look somewhat similar are memorable for similar reasons of being grotesque, big bugs that are pretty dangerous

there's a lot of memorable designs as a whole but i can't really pick out favorites in terms of aesthetics 'cuz they ultimately just all end up being 'monsters' to me haha- there's stuff i dislike, but when it comes to preferences it's usually some combination of a memorable gimmick that ties the grotesque appearance w/ some interesting gameplay function or theme

see: leechman in RE outbreak hospital level, super licker in RE outbreak fire level, RE4 mr/ms salvadors, the previously mentioned j'avo and re3/5 bug enemies, REV1's water hiding cockroach things, REV1's final boss..

i guess mentioning the REV1 final boss i actually really enjoy the absolutely fucking bonkers over-the-top enemies like the giant sea monster in REV1, excella's giant ouroboros orb form in RE5, t-rex simmons with his sick teeth ribcage filled with eyes, the final boss of the leon/krauser stuff in RE:darkside chronicles (this guy is actually really cool looking?), final birkin's giant buzzsaw teeth flesh train chasing thing...

a lot of them are lame like irving's ~extreme makeover~, blob nemesis or whatever the hell that thing in RE:UC was but when they work they work
edit:
every single giant animal zombie straddles the line between really fuckin dumb or incredible
probably the best one is giant zombie alligator or neptune
also, alexia sucks ass. like all of her designs are bad. they look like real bad parasite eve rejects

Neil's was alright though.

The only Resident Evil game with full-on baby sitting is really RE5. The partners in Revelations 1 are just kind of there. In RE6 they have infinite ammo and health. In revelation's 2 you have to take care of them a bit but not really. They're more there to help with puzzles. I rarely ever had to play as the other character except to open a door or something. Resident Evil 0 the AI handles itself due to it being the older style. So if the AI is getting beat up, you probably are as well. Since in that game it either sticks right by you or you are separated doing your own things between the characters.

I would say in terms of the newer stuff RE0HD, and Revelations 1 and 2 are really all you need to play. Not counting maybe replaying the game you completely forgot about. Though in the case of RE0 it's considered lower than CVX but it depends on who you ask. I personally think it's far better. Especially since there's no forced gimmick FPS stuff and even though it's not finely tuned feels a bit better crafted. I would say maybe try RE6 if you ever get in the mood for some action, but it's still a coop style game so you probably wouldn't care for it.

Thanks. I'll get RE0HD actually, I completely forgot about that. I'll also replay 3 but already had that planned. What I mainly didn't like about Code Veronica was the atmosphere and locales, it felt like a very different game to and I didn't care for it.

I did play the demo of 6 and thought it was awful, too much stuff I'm allergic to in terms of modern design.

Dusk Golem

Can we blame TOSE?

eek never noticed the eyes before ;_;

that dude was scary as hell

The eyes I find creepy as well, maybe because they look a little too human and the whole baby thing, but they work well, though only noticeable if you pay attention or look at the right moment.

But love the design. Boss fight itself was just okay.

Well that was pretty much the point. They wanted something practical rather than grotesque since it is essentially the ultimate B.O.W. I think it's perfectly acceptable considering how much of a monster roster there already was at that point, there needed to be something that showed Umbrella's research was actually fruitful from a military standpoint. An on-rails shooter was the best place to showcase it. Tyrants and Hunters are all well and good as infantry replacements but against the likes of helicopters and tanks they are just target practice. It makes sense for Umbrella to want to create a product ideal for those opponents, otherwise they'd never fulfill the goal of monopolizing the weapons industry.

Its Super Tyrant stage is bollocks though.

Not in this case. They handle modeling and textures, but not designs.

It was likely created with a C-Virus strain that included marine crustacean genes so that it could survive underwater. The genes of bacteria resistant to heat were also incorporated. Essentially HAOS was designed so that it could survive any condition anywhere on the planet to ensure that it spread the C-Virus globally.

I like the idea behind it, and again, the boss fight I actually found quite fun. Just... The design I wish they had gone with something different. It looks a bit goofy, more-so in its second phase than first, but the first phase I don't think looks nearly as cool as the other Tyrant-type B.O.W.S. The idea is cool, kind of wish a different design was chosen.

I might be biased though since the design for it is the design in the games that reminds me the most of those dumb designs for made-up B.O.W. monsters in the Hong Kong comics.

On HAOS, it is underwater and has to escape through the water, live in any climate, and multiply and spread, so it makes sense, and I actually think is cool. Just many (myself included) may not even notice its lower half looks like a Crawfish since it gets cut off so early in the battle (and the part it has it, you can't easily see its lower half).

Jawmuncher

Some of the J'avo mutation designs were too specific with the insect they're based on. It makes them far less grotesque and more comical.
Yeah the Half Man, Half Insect where it looked like it was just cut and paste on one another didn't really work. Since as you said it took away from the grotesque nature.

Thanks. I'll get RE0HD actually, I completely forgot about that. I'll also replay 3 but already had that planned. What I mainly didn't like about Code Veronica was the atmosphere and locales, it felt like a very different game to and I didn't care for it.

I did play the demo of 6 and thought it was awful, too much stuff I'm allergic to in terms of modern design.

Revelations 2's first episode is free so you can see if you like it without even buying.
Revelations 1 has a free demo as well.

strafer

Regarding Revelations 2

I love these emails they put in the game, gives the game some character.

The Piers to Claire one is awesome.

Dear Claire,

On behalf of our unit, I just wanted to say it was real nice to get to see you the other day. Thank you for taking the time to talk with everyone. The guys really appreciated it.

I know you were surprised by the men's reaction upon first seeing you. Let me explain. When we heard that Terra Save would be arriving on location, well, the men knew that you'd be coming and so they got a bit excited over the idea. They'd only heard stories about you, and since you're the Captain's sister, well...let's just say they were expecting someone more along the lines of his build. I tried to tell them otherwise, but their imaginations got the best of them.

So then when you arrived...well, aside from not being what they expected, we don't get to interact with a lot of pretty women in our line of work, so that's why they had the reaction that they did. Then they had to remember that you're the Captain's sister, and it made them all awkward... I'm sorry about that, ma'am.

You probably saw it for yourself, but we all have a lot of admiration and respect for the captain. In addition to being a very capable leader, he treats us like family. He's an inspiration to us all.

Speaking for the men, we're all looking forward to the chance to work with you again. Our paths may not cross often, and I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to talk every now and then, even through email. Just between you and me, if you have any pictures of the Captain when he was younger, I'd sure love to see them! I hear he was very different back then, but he won't show us anything...

There's a lot more I'd like to say, but it's time to get ready for our next posting. These missions aren't easy, but it's nice to know we've got allies such as your organization backing us up. Keep fighting the good fight.

1LT Piers Nivans
BSAA North American Branch

Are they hinting?

Seyavesh

Yeah the Half Man, Half Insect where it looked like it was just cut and paste on one another didn't really work. Since as you said it took away from the grotesque nature.

the guys who turn into big exploding bugs, or big glowing weakspot wobblers are probably the worst when it comes to this

like their design showcases what their gameplay purpose is but god they look really dumb and don't fit in thematically with the idea behind j'avo mutations actually being beneficial to the combat ability of the infected

i'd probably go as far as to say that j'avo looking rather tame is somewhat on purpose as to establish them as an actually hypercompetent bioweapon threat/something that you'd go 'yeah i can imagine these guys being used as weapons easily' vs. a biological weapon type deal that zombies/other enemies are

Top Bottom