• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So will that remake be in the vein of the other two remakes or are we talking a complete remake, like RE4 and 5 style gameplay?

Both would be a "complete remake", regardless of style.

We don't know what how they'll make it, but I hope it's classic style.

Jawmuncher

Gonna give RE6 another chance with this remaster.

Also, guess we're not getting RE7 until 2017

I expected RE7 perhaps not happening this year after they made the mention of the CG movie coming next year. However I think we can all agree that RE7 is getting revealed this year and that we're probably going to see a bit of RE2make.

I just hope that maybe, just maybe there is another game coming out this year. Outbreak HD would be a nice bow on top of all of this for the wait until RE7.

Nemesis_

Gonna give RE6 another chance with this remaster.

Also, guess we're not getting RE7 until 2017

Well we got ORC and RE6 in the same year.

;_;

Outbreak HD

tumblr_m5qx6b4LHI1qk0e3do1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

I like how they labeled it "Action-Packed Resident Evil Favorites Coming in 2016".
They knew if they just said fan favorites they would get a lot of shit.

When is RE7 likely to be revealed? Some time during the summer?
EDIT: I read this as when it would be released My B.
I would say so. RE is big, but at the same time it needs no opposition as well. You don't want to release RE7 up agaisn't COD or another big game.
Summer would give it a lot of breathing room. That was why they moved up the RE6 release to october back in the day. RE5 I remember was a summer game and did well in that space.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I want RE7 to be an iterated RE6, but really I just want it to be really good. Do anything, experiment, whatever. Just be good.

I think at this point RE needs a universally appreciated game. To unite the fanbase a bit, and remove some of the chum from the water. A lot of media outlets swimming around sniffing for blood and RE has been an easy target for a while.

I actually didn't get into the REmakes as I was expecting, but man they were like some kind of medicine for the media attitude/coverage.

Selfishly I want more brawler action, but tbh I think the franchise needs a solid, critical hit. Fot its own sake.

Jawmuncher

I want RE7 to be an iterated RE6, but really I just want it to be really good. Do anything, experiment, whatever. Just be good.

I think at this point RE needs a universally appreciated game. To unite the fanbase a bit, and remove some of the chum from the water. A lot of media outlets swimming around sniffing for blood and RE has been an easy target for a while.

I actually didn't get into the REmakes as I was expecting, but man they were like some kind of medicine for the media attitude/coverage.

Selfishly I want more brawler action, but tbh I think the franchise needs a solid, critical hit. Fot its own sake.

It's such a shame since basically the series more or less needs another RE4. Which isn't exactly an easy feat. That's really a action game, but the blend of atmosphere and tension is why people don't compare it as such to RE5 and RE6. Still I agree that I personally want more action and melee style happenings. At this point that is a big part of the new series of RE that really has it standing apart from a lot of other games. If that was taken out, it really would just become another spooky shooter and such.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE RECVX PORT!?

As has been discussed previously, I theorize they may want to do some enhanced port/remaster of Code Veronica. It'd be the easiest of the older-school Resident Evil games to port; they already have an MT Framework version in on the PS3/360, the game is completely 3D, and so on. So I assume the reason they're tackling the harder to port titles first, like REmake, Zero, completely remaking 2... Is because they want to do some touch--up on Code Veronica.

Which in its fairness, it does need it. Code Veronica has some good art direction elements, but it is definitely the blandest looking RE game.

151-Resident_Evil_CODE_Veronica-6.jpeg
Resi-Evil-Code-Veronica-7.jpg
Resi-Evil-Code-Veronica-3.jpg

News Bot

Banned
TOSE/Nextech were very lazy on the CV modeling and texture work too. The freelance artist Satoshi Nakai ended up making a lot of changes, such as making the Zombies actually look grotesque, because whoever was handling them on the outsourced side "didn't like Zombies."

As has been discussed previously, I theorize they may want to do some enhanced port/remaster of Code Veronica. It'd be the easiest of the older-school Resident Evil games to port; they already have an MT Framework version in on the PS3/360, the game is completely 3D, and so on. So I assume the reason they're tackling the harder to port titles first, like REmake, Zero, completely remaking 2... Is because they want to do some touch--up on Code Veronica.

Which in its fairness, it does need it. Code Veronica has some good art direction elements, but it is definitely the blandest looking RE game.

151-Resident_Evil_CODE_Veronica-6.jpeg
Resi-Evil-Code-Veronica-7.jpg
Resi-Evil-Code-Veronica-3.jpg

I would love for them to just go the remake route. Not only do I think it could benefit in adding areas to alleviate the backtracking and overhaul the puzzles, but I want them to maybe revisit their original concepts of the game if possible as an additional narrative. I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is though for that sort of thing without stepping on established canon.

But I'd be content with a good REmaster.

Jawmuncher

After RE2make, they need to do 3, and then CVX should be a possibility. I think the game really only needs some touching up and fixing those damn FPS sections.

At this point they should just remake the entire re catalogue.
As tempting as it sounds, given I don't agree with the narrative direction and details here and there in the series and would prefer REMAKE as the baseline, what would that really accomplish?

It's doubtful they would go straight survival horror with puzzles again, so pure action would be the likely route. Thus alienating fans again. Even if vice versa, it still alienates a large(er) base.

The narrative of RE, across all media, is surprisingly tight for something as large and long running as it is. That may get lost in a new series.

That's also without saying the numerous hanging plot lines that would first have to be wrapped up if there's any hope of pleasing aNY fan of the series.

RE has become a really odd thing in all the changes it's undergone and the very many elements that feed into what it is, but it's something that is probably important to preserve for as long as it's viable to do so.

Nerrel

After RE2make, they need to do 3, and then CVX should be a possibility. I think the game really only needs some touching up and fixing those damn FPS sections.

As long as RE2 isn't fucked up and sells well I think RE3 has a good chance. I hope they retcon a few things in REmake 2 to connect with RE3 better (like the window Nemesis breaks in the RPD).

finley83

Banned
I only played CVX for the first time a year or so back through the PS3 version, and man it really dated badly compared to RE2 and 3. The art design on the later PS1 games still looks great today (through a CRT!!) whereas I think CVX just looks drab.

Also some of the texture work looks terrible on PS3, they could at least have tried replacing some of the more smoothed out textures like the door animations.

A PC version would be great not only to enable modding (one of the reasons why PC is the best place to play the RE games right now) but also because it's the one mainline game that isn't out there, excepting emulation.

Holy shit!

I am HYPED!

RE5 and 6 in 1080/60, right? Online modes, right? FUCKING MERCENARIES FOR BOTH RE5 AND RE6 ON PS4?! What about No Mercy modes?! C'mon?! It's possible on this generation's consoles, right?

Everyone ADD ME ON PSN!

With these games there will never be "what should I play" moments anymore. ANYMOARRRRROOOOO /adele. I am SCREAMING. I'm so happy right now. I can't even. Hopefully they'll add some more content for these games like with all re-releases, but even so even if they don't whatever. These games are full of endless content anyways but it would be a nice touch.

Gonna re-platinum all of them.

Hi, my name is Sheva Alomar.

Was gonna change back my avatar to Jill on PSN but somehow they're gone from my PS4...? I have RE4 Leon but, no. PSN, you're a racist shit.

RSB

Banned
Holy shit!

I am HYPED!

RE5 and 6 in 1080/60, right? Online modes, right? FUCKING MERCENARIES FOR BOTH RE5 AND RE6 ON PS4?! What about No Mercy modes?! C'mon?! It's possible on this generation's consoles, right?

Everyone ADD ME ON PSN!

With these games there will never be "what should I play" moments anymore. ANYMOARRRRROOOOO /adele. I am SCREAMING. I'm so happy right now. I can't even. Hopefully they'll add some more content for these games like with all re-releases, but even so even if they don't whatever. These games are full of endless content anyways but it would be a nice touch.

Gonna re-platinum all of them.

Hi, my name is Sheva Alomar.
Hahaha. So true, especially the bolded.

RE is just too good. HYPE!

Lol, me either now that we'll have RE and party chat. :)

I hope you're free to play all these games with me. But lol, in the summer. FUCK YOUR JOB! When the most important and best RE game is released? I can't even. I might become depressed now. Do I have to find a replacement for you now? Ugh. Why do all bad things happen to me?

Edit: Welcome back as onyxtour's avatar, Jill.

Evolved1

I hope you're free to play all these games with me. But lol, in the summer. FUCK YOUR JOB! When the most important and best RE game is released? I can't even. I might become depressed now. Do I have to find a replacement for you now? Ugh. Why do all bad things happen to me?

Edit: Welcome back as onyxtour's avatar, Jill.
Yeah, really sucks, summer is bad for me. And I won't have this absurd amount of free time next fall season either. This was just a weird year.

Idk, six hour time difference maybe it'll work out. I still have no idea what the shift will be though... depends on how many rangers they bring back. Excited to go back, but it kills my gaming. Bittersweet.

rikesan

Neo Member
Super happy with all these games being remastered on PS4. I was thinking about that this weekend when my brother was replaying RE4 on the PS3. "Man, it would be cool to get that on the PS4". And then... :)

This will be a good opportunity to get S Rank all chapters in all difficulties in both RE5 and 6 since I've done that on the PS3 but lost my saves because it broke down :(

They should also give a trophy list that RE4 deserves.

Evolved1

Super happy with all these games being remastered on PS4. I was thinking about that this weekend when my brother was replaying RE4 on the PS3. "Man, it would be cool to get that on the PS4". And then... :)

This will be a good opportunity to get S Rank all chapters in all difficulties in both RE5 and 6 since I've done that on the PS3 but lost my saves because it broke down :(

They should also give a trophy list that RE4 deserves.
Maybe 4 will have a config that lets me aim with the right stick. I cannot recall which it was, but RE5 had a config that was exactly RE4 but with right stick aim (I'm not referring to the strafe-enabled config) I kinda hope they add it to REps4. If not, I'll play it anyway, but it'd be nice as an option.

Sesha

There's not really need to remake CVX. They can just do a re-remastering. Just reuse assets from RE HD, RE 0 HD, RE 2 HD, and Darkside Chronicles as necessary, retouch some models and brush up textures, throw on some fancier lighting. Bam. Done. And yes I'm aware I'm making it sound a lot simpler than it actually is.

Very happy with the announcement. As a die hard RE fan RE5 disappointed me greatly and I gave up on it early on. I also thusly never played RE6. But honestly enough time has passed that I don't really care anymore.

So will definitely get all three first time playing 4 since original release on GameCube and never played the others.

Now just need remakes of 3,CVX and Outbreak

kogasu

Oh shit! Awesome news! I'll probably also hold out for a sale or something for these too but awesome to be able to play these on newer consoles. Yes, and after REmake 2 there'll just be RE3 left.. hmmm

Grisby

Awesome news. I just replayed 5, but I'm in for 6 for Mercs. Hope they make the change to let you use the costumes in SP (along with 60 fps).

Top Bottom