• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I do wonder when they'll confirm Oculus and/or Vive support. Granted, this week is E3 and Sony's push for PS VR, but it would be odd to only have PS VR in the end.

Another possibility is PS VR will be the exclusive VR device at launch, and other devices will get support down the line. Not sure how well that will go over.

Edit:The thread that was promised is up: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1234607&page=100000

Anything I missed that should be in there can be posted so I can edit it in.

That's a really nice OP. I'll post my comments in the thread once I've thought about it a little, and I've added the link to the OP ITT. I had missed hearing about the involvement of the Spec Ops: The Line guy.

Hey guys - short question, do we already have a date for Resident Evil 4 on PS4?

Nothing specific yet AFAIK. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bundle of the three games once they are all available

EDIT
Does anybody here want the RE4 OT? I will probably claim it tomorrow if nobody else does, thought I'd mention it here first.

& speaking of OTs, I've added some to the OP for easy reference

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not really eager to pay money again for 5 and 6. Maybe when it would be 5€ for booth, but its not worth more for me.

Do we know anything about the port at all beside the initiall announcement? I would love to hear which PC version it os going to be.

Not really eager to pay money again for 5 and 6. Maybe when it would be 5€ for booth, but its not worth more for me.

Do we know anything about the port at all beside the initiall announcement? I would love to hear which PC version it os going to be.

For 5? Basically the Gold Edition with both versions of Mercs now unified. Likely can choose whether to play by the originals rules or the others before starting the round.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1225788

Still nothing on 4.

RSB

Banned
Nothing specific yet AFAIK. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bundle of the three games once they are all available
That would be great. I'm buying them on Xbox One, but I'd also like to have a physical version with all three on PS4.

kamineko

That would be great. I'm buying them on Xbox One, but I'd also like to have a physical version with all three on PS4.

Same, I've been going all digital with a plan (hope) to pick up a physical collection come holiday season

Jawmuncher

REmake 3 would be the more likely game, but I feel like maybe it's something for action fans. They've been asking for a full on Mercs game for a long time (3DS not counting).

Maybe it's even Outbreak related. Who knows. Glad to know more RE is already confirmed from just what we know.

kamineko

Rev3 or standalone Mercs/Raid title would be amazing

Though Rev3 would have to be spiced up a little to satisfy RE6 fans who were underwhelmed with REV2

Honestly, I'd love it if Capcom managed to offer a title to please every type of fan. There's this idea in the fanbase that this is a zero sum game, that if I get the game that I want then other fans have to suffer or do without.

Some of the gloating over the 7 reveal is evidence of that. I don't think it has to be that way.

What's everybody's ambassador number? I guess they were glitched the other day, but now you can see your "real" number.

ambassador.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Rev3 or standalone Mercs/Raid title would be amazing

Though Rev3 would have to be spiced up a little to satisfy RE6 fans who were underwhelmed with REV2

Honestly, I'd love it if Capcom managed to offer a title to please every type of fan. There's this idea in the fanbase that this is a zero sum game, that if I get the game that I want then other fans have to suffer or do without.

Some of the gloating over the 7 reveal is evidence of that. I don't think it has to be that way.

What's everybody's ambassador number? I guess they were glitched the other day, but now you can see your "real" number.

I'm wondering what they're planning to do with the Ambassador Program, they mentioned it in the Famitsu article also. My number is a fun one, 1000001080, though I don't know what the ID numbers are for.

Here's what Famitsu said on the program:
Famitsu:. Also, it seems there will be something interesting that will happen if you connect it to the Resident Evil Ambassador.

Kawada: There will be a few bonuses here and there so please remember to connect the game.

Dusk Golem

I think it's way too soon for REmake 3. I fully believe the liklihood of that project is based on how well REmake 2 does.

Revelations 3 I look forward to, but I also think it may be a bit soon, and question if it's really 'awaited'.

I'm in crowd, "it's the Mercenaries-themed game or Outbreak related," since if there's one point the RE series 20th anniversary is missing, it's an online co-op title, and those two could provide it.

Jawmuncher

I think it's way too soon for REmake 3. I fully believe the liklihood of that project is based on how well REmake 2 does.

Revelations 3 I look forward to, but I also think it may be a bit soon, and question if it's really 'awaited'.

I'm in crowd, "it's the Mercenaries-themed game or Outbreak related," since if there's one point the RE series 20th anniversary is missing, it's an online co-op title, and those two could provide it.

That's a good point. We're missing a coop title ATM. Not counting the 6&5 rereleases

Dusk Golem

Yes yes yes.

If it's gonna be released this fiscal year, it can't be anything too major though, otherwise they would have listed it in their annual report to investors.

I think it won't be released this fiscal year, just being in development in honor of the 20th anniversary. IE, RE2 REmake is in development and is a '20th anniversary title', but it's not releasing this year.

Sectus

I think it won't be released this fiscal year, just being in development in honor of the 20th anniversary. IE, RE2 REmake is in development and is a '20th anniversary title', but it's not releasing this year.

Maybe the game could be RE2 remake? Maybe they don't see it as a formally announced title.

Either way. Mercenaries title or riot!

Revelations 3, REmake 3, or an anniversary game.

Revelations 3 wouldn't really be "awaited" by anyone since it's a sub series and 2 just came out barely a year ago. An anniversary game wouldn't be "awaited" since no one knows what to expect from it. So REmake 3 seems the most likely, though would they really be doing two remakes simultaneously?

Kawada didn't mention RE2 in that last part. Does he not know that it was already announced?

It was announced on a random date without much fanfare, so maybe not? Or as Sectus says, maybe they don't consider it "Officially" announced?

News Bot

Banned
Kawada didn't mention RE2 in that last part. Does he not know that it was already announced?

He's not producing it. Yoshiaki Hirabayashi is. They don't talk about games they're not working on and usually don't know much anyway.

Kobayashi is so far unattached to any titles and apart from Kawata and Hirabayashi, he's the most common producer. Could be a completely new game.

Revelations 3 wouldn't really be "awaited" by anyone since it's a sub series and 2 just came out barely a year ago. An anniversary game wouldn't be "awaited" since no one knows what to expect from it. So REmake 3 seems the most likely, though would they really be doing two remakes simultaneously?

I think it's Rev 3. Rev 2 finished on a huge cliffhanger which pretty much implies a third game is going to happen, hence the "awaited."

But it could just as easily be REmake 3. That would be great too.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Code Veronica was basically RE3 though, wasn't Nemesis given the numbering instead for contract reasons with Sony, not content?

Not seeing an RE 4-6 Remaster collection happening at all, at least in NA where they are already individually releasing each on Blu-ray discs as they come out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
REmake 3 would be amazing. Skipped that one like 2 because I am expecting a remake this gen.

Maybe I will give Zero another try to... Really in the mood for some Resident Evil right now. Hated the Item Management in that game and didnt played further then until the train crashed...

Edit: Someone mentions Code Veronice... :D Fuck. What amazing game. My first classic Resident Evil. Man, how much i loved it. Would be my favorite game of the franchise when REmake didnt existed.

Seyavesh

Kobayashi is so far unattached to any titles and apart from Kawata and Hirabayashi, he's the most common producer. Could be a completely new game.

i'd imagine it's pretty likely kobayashi is working on dmc5 or whatever itsuno is also working on since the new sengoku basara (yukimura den) has a totally new to the series producer on it when he's been on that role for all of them

outbreak HD is definitely what my gut is saying even though my heart desires mercs

MattyG

Banned

It wouldn't shock me. I'm curious if Zero HD did well enough to where they just went "fuck it, might as well close the loop and remake 3 as well." I can't see them doing 2, then releasing 5 and 4 HD soon and then just leaving 3 all untouched. I feel like it's inevitable and Capcom knows that.

If the live action film's release date is accurate (1.27.17), that could be huge in pushing the game. Completely different things, but the ads for RE content will be all over the place.

News Bot

Banned
Code Veronica was basically RE3 though, wasn't Nemesis given the numbering instead for contract reasons with Sony, not content?

This belief being so prevalent has always been silly me. It's completely baseless speculation passed off as fact for years through sheer word of mouth.

CV was CV since it was conceived. BIO3 was originally BIOHAZARD 1.9, but was upgraded to main title status when the PlayStation 2 was announced. Feeling that they needed adequate time to develop a game on the new console so as to not be playing catch-up in the next generation, the then-BIOHAZARD 3 (starring HUNK on a cruise ship) was moved from the PlayStation to the PlayStation 2 and renamed BIOHAZARD 4.

CAPCOM frankly don't do contracts with this series and never have.

Tbh, I think they could condense RE3 into an expansion for REmake 2 if they planned for it.

They are two quite different games and some of the mechanics in 3 would make 2 too easy. You'd have to create completely new content with its own balancing rather than remake. They should stay separate if people actually want a remake like the first.

Mr_Zombie

standalone mercs title or riot

Yes! RE6 mercenaries with more characters, more stages, enemies from RE4 and RE5, modes etc. Pretty please, Capcom!

Tbh, I think they could condense RE3 into an expansion for REmake 2 if they planned for it.

No. Why do people keep repeating this? RE3 is a completely different game that shares with RE2 just a single location that you spent no more than 10 minutes in. Other than that, it has different locations, characters, enemies, bosses, weapons and mechanics.

They are two quite different games and some of the mechanics in 3 would make 2 too easy. You'd have to create completely new content with its own balancing rather than remake. They should stay separate if people actually want a remake like the first.

No. Why do people keep repeating this? RE3 is a completely different game that shares with RE2 just a single location that you spent no more than 10 minutes in. Other than that, it has different locations, characters, enemies, bosses, weapons and mechanics.

Ya'll are both very correct, particularly in keeping them as separate and unique experiences. But how I'm looking at it isn't retrofitting the original RE3 onto the original RE2. It's just making the "Raccoon City Incident" a single game by including RE3 content and areas from the start. Given Capcom's in a position where they have to remake Raccoon City(assuming they aim to make a seamless city and not individual but connected streets, alleys, buildings, hallways, etc.), I'd hope they create it in its entirety, RE3 exclusive areas included. Jill would be a third option alongside Leon and Claire.

It's hard to say what I'd think to do mechanically to make Jill's campaign feel different without having what Leon's/Claire's gameplay will be as a contrast. It could be like REmake, 4, or 6 or first person. I really doubt this, but I don't think they are remaking RE2 completely removed from what they are trying to accomplish with VII.

gelf

Javier23

Banned
Ya'll are both very correct, particularly in keeping them as separate and unique experiences. But how I'm looking at it isn't retrofitting the original RE3 onto the original RE2. It's just making the "Raccoon City Incident" a single game by including RE3 content and areas from the start. Given Capcom's in a position where they have to remake Raccoon City(assuming they aim to make a seamless city and not individual but connected streets, alleys, buildings, hallways, etc.), I'd hope they create it in its entirety, RE3 exclusive areas included. Jill would be a third option alongside Leon and Claire.

It's hard to say what I'd think to do mechanically to make Jill's campaign feel different without having what Leon's/Claire's gameplay will be as a contrast. It could be like REmake, 4, or 6 or first person. I really doubt this, but I don't think they are remaking RE2 completely removed from what they are trying to accomplish with VII.
In that case you're basically remaking 3 and including 2, given how it is such a much smaller game in terms of locations.

Nudull

Banned
I imagine people would be happy if a Rev 3 announcement is coming, so I wouldn't mind. I should probably play 2 for myself, eventually.

finley83

Banned
Anyone in here play the PS1 titles on a PSP? Thinking of picking one up cheap as my CRT is on its way out, and I own all the main titles on PSN anyway. Just wondering whether they still hold up on a small screen really!

News Bot

Banned

Leon and Claire spend less than ten minutes in the city streets just as Jill spends ten minutes in the R.P.D. Making it a single game is still going to cause problems, and it doesn't make sense to have two different campaigns which are mechanically all over the place. Suddenly giving a new, open city to explore will hurt both games. Do you account for the Outbreak and unseen areas too?

There's just no way you can condense that into RE2 they don't even share the same assets other than RPD.

RE3 would have to be remade from the ground up as well.

Dusk Golem

Jawmuncher, you making the Umbrella Corps OT still? I believe you would be, but wanted to check bases.

For some reason, even though I expect it to only be an okay game, I'm strangely excited for Umbrella Corps. Maybe it has to do with the fact it seems more exciting to me knowing RE7 isn't an action-title? Who knows, it's very close to releasing, though.

Top Bottom