• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

If Umbrella Corps had co-op for the horde style mode I would probably pick it. First RE game I'll be skipping, I have zero interest in that sort of competetive MP. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Is re zero worth playing? Theres a bundle deal with it and remake on psn right now and I'm not sure weather to get it

I think it's underrated. It released between REmake and RE4, which would make gold look like pan-fried shit. It is not as good as those two games. Usually people hate the item management, though it isn't actually bad once you get a handle on how it works.

Unlike REmake, Capcom still had all the original assets for RE0, so this remaster is the most technically impressive (in terms of presentation) of the "classic" games.

Mr_Zombie

Is re zero worth playing? Theres a bundle deal with it and remake on psn right now and I'm not sure weather to get it

It's still a good game and a wonderful remaster (imagine all those prerendered, animated backgrounds in HD!) BUT for me it's the weakest of all classic RE games. It has pacing issues, almost non-existing story (the story is mostly about Umbrella, so you learn about it via files; main characters are just there), a lot of backtracking due to removing item chests and few really annoying enemies.

Akiller

If Umbrella Corps had co-op for the horde style mode I would probably pick it. First RE game I'll be skipping, I have zero interest in that sort of competetive MP. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap?
Hmm yeah, co-op would make me interested, dont care that much about MP.

Definitely.
It's a solid entry and the remaster looks frankly incredible.

In other news, though I haven't played the demo (no ps+) I'm not sold on RE7, I hope the game manages to change my mind.

I agree on UC, coop would've gone a long way for me.

BTW, is ORC worth checking out for cheap? It was around $5 on gmg a while back.

J-Roderton

I'm trying to knock out as many games in the series as I can before 7 comes out and holy shit RE Make is amazing. I haven't played Resident Evil since the ol PS1 days. Coming up on the snake boss for the first time.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm trying to knock out as many games in the series as I can before 7 comes out and holy shit RE Make is amazing. I haven't played Resident Evil since the ol PS1 days. Coming up on the snake boss for the first time.

You're in for a real treat. REmake is my favorite game in the series for a reason.

Jawmuncher

Definitely.
It's a solid entry and the remaster looks frankly incredible.

In other news, though I haven't played the demo (no ps+) I'm not sold on RE7, I hope the game manages to change my mind.

I agree on UC, coop would've gone a long way for me.

BTW, is ORC worth checking out for cheap? It was around $5 on gmg a while back.

For 5 bucks Orc is worth it since it includes all the DLC. Do yourself a favor though and either play on easy if solo or with friends. One of the biggest issues with that game are the bullet sponge enemies.

Loving the environments and details in the rooms.

Wait until you play 0, the quality of the backgrounds in the remaster is fantastic.

For 5 bucks Orc is worth it since it includes all the DLC. Do yourself a favor though and either play on easy if solo or with friends. One of the biggest issues with that game are the bullet sponge enemies.

Should be fun to do some coop with my brother. Thanks.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
So my RE2 replay is turning out to be a hot mess. Got pretty tore up running to the station, then forgot which doors the Spade Key unlocks. Wasted a ton of ammo on a dead end, then ACTUALLY FUCKING RAN OUT during the big encounter by the soda machine. Panicked, I dashed into the office area (lol) where I was promptly devoured.

oh the humanity

finley83

Banned
So my RE2 replay is turning out to be a hot mess. Got pretty tore up running to the station, then forgot which doors the Spade Key unlocks. Wasted a ton of ammo on a dead end, then ACTUALLY FUCKING RAN OUT during the big encounter by the soda machine. Panicked, I dashed into the office area (lol) where I was promptly devoured.

oh the humanity

Just get the map from the safe, then check the colour of the key against the colour of the doors. Easy!

BTails

Finished Claire A this evening, and started on Leon B. I seem to remember the B scenarios being shorter than A, but having put some time into it, I'm thinking maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Also, Mr X is awesome.

Timeaisis

Well, bought REmake as part of the sale. The game is a lot harder than I remember it being. Probably because REs got easier as the series progressed haha.

I wasted all my ammo like an idiot already, because I started as Jill and forgot you can't burn bodies out of the gate. Yay for soon to be crimsonheads.

I have no idea where more pistol ammo is at this point though haha. At least I got the shotgun, though. So there's that. Bonus points I still remember the old Resi zombie juke.

News Bot

Banned
Just noticed this.

Project Umbrella staff member Ridley made this image. There is no version of it without text, and the process involved painstakingly taking every single version of the image from different languages and removing the text, like so. I've posted others too.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Just noticed this.

Project Umbrella staff member Ridley made this image. There is no version of it without text, and the process involved painstakingly taking every single version of the image from different languages and removing the text, like so. I've posted others too.

Is it possible they have the textless version in an archive somewhere, maybe?

Zambatoh

It was sent out to die long before it even released. There was virtually little to no hype for it whatsoever. Even their own employees and PR team couldn't muster up any enthusiasm for it.

Honestly I don't even know why the game exists and why it was even green lighted.

News Bot

Banned
Cross-posting from the UC topic:

So it turns out this game is hiding some more plot... in its customization menu.

Medvedev (メドベージェフ社)
Tenenti Inc. (アネンテイ社)
Suntech Ninja Co. (サンテック•ニンジャ社)
Suntech Samurai Co. (サンテック•サムライ社)
Saurian Corporation (サウリアン社)
Aeolus Edge West (アイオロスエッジ•ウェスト社)
Aeolus Edge East (アイオロスエッジ•イースト社)
Akembe Chemical (アケムべ•ケミカル)
Rashid Sahir Industries (ラシード•サヒール工業)
Shéng-Yā Pharmaceutical (神亜製藥 / シェンア製藥)

These are the companies that employ the mercenaries. The last company on this list is featured in the BIOHAZARD ~heavenly island~ manga. It's atrocious that these aren't brought up in the game at all. We're left with names and spec ops emblems but no actual information.

We still don't know who or what the "Umbrella Corps" is. We don't know who Subject 3A7's organization is. We don't know who the mysterious executive of the organization is even though he's hinted to be Albert Wesker and he commands the player in online matches at times. All in all this game adds little and accomplishes nothing, despite vast potential. We have a potential huge plot point that's just glossed over.

Also spotted one mistranslation, so far:

ENG: "This village is where that organization got its start."

JPN: "This village is where the cult incident started."

Localization makes it sound as if an organization or company was established during BIO4.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My friends and I are actually liking Umbrella Corps way, WAY more than we were expecting. It takes a bit to warm up to it, but playing together with a team and getting a handle of how the game plays, it is actually a lot of fun.

Evidently all three of us also are good at it, I know not a lot of people playing but playing several hours later all three of us are standing in the top 25 of the leaderboards. They need to balance some things, but there are ways to actually counter most perceived 'cheap' strategies, the maps are well-designed, and the mechanics are a lot of fun. I want to leave more impressions, but we're planning to play more today and so I'll wait until after today's session. Honestly I don't understand why some people dislike this game so much.

Also, I see people on PC complaining about weird aiming, my suggestion (which I did immediately) is to go to the Options menu and turn aim assist to 0. I have seen people complaining on this on the Steam forums, evidently they didn't look at the options menu since you can clearly turn it off there, or turn its levels up or down.

I will have to post some of my recorded matches later, some of them have been insanely fun, with a good mixture of hecticness and our group of friends strategizing to win.

Golnei

So he was a designer on 5, system planner on 1 and Outbreak (which he also directed a scenario for) a lead designer on Revelations 2 and a stage designer for Code Veronica - is that a good sign?

Tres De Tripa

Neo Member
I have a question guys, see, i bought resident evil 6 and was playing the campaign solo and this awesome guy named phoenix0938 joins my game and he has been amazing (i always find resident evil games tedious and somewhat hard) he shows me where the emblems are, sprays me when i am low on health and destroy boxes for me, he defeats the hard guys etc basically he does everything while I just enjoy the game, so here is the deal i want to hit him up with a 10 us dollars psn card as a present for beeing so awesome, but he is from the uk, i know he wont be able to use it but ... He can open a us account? If so he can redeem the code i guess, but my question is, would he be able to use any content he buys with that 10 in his phoenix account? Thanks!

So he was a designer on 5, system planner on 1 and Outbreak (which he also directed a scenario for) a lead designer on Revelations 2 and a stage designer for Code Veronica - is that a good sign?

I guess? I don't think it's a particularly bad sign at least. Obviously doesn't inspire a "Mikami/Kamiya" level of excitement though.

J-Roderton

Holy crap. Made it back to the mansion in remake hd and there are giant frog demon zombie creature things chasing me down now. Did these replace the regular zombies?

Also should I hang on to magnum ammo? I haven't used it yet just in case. Hopefully a good boss fight is coming up or something.

Holy crap. Made it back to the mansion in remake hd and there are giant frog demon zombie creature things chasing me down now. Did these replace the regular zombies?

Also should I hang on to magnum ammo? I haven't used it yet just in case. Hopefully a good boss fight is coming up or something.
Yes to both questions!

Zaverious

I really want a remake of Umbrella's End and Operation Javier even though the latter worked as a framing device for Darkside Chronicles. I feel that they could work as full games, although they would have to pretty much add a lot of stuff for Umbrella's End to work in terms of content and enemies. Hell if they do a remake of 3, they should put in Ada's scenario, Death's Door. I pretty much want all of the original content in the chronicles game out of the chronicle games.

BTails

I love the first time you come across Hunters. Shotgun takes em down pretty quick, but watch out as they can one-shot you, which always sucks if you haven't saved in a while.

Also, yes. Save your magnum ammo.

RootCause

I wish we got Code Veronica, and Revelations 1 on ps4. :( but that seems very unlikely at this point. Beat REHD, next up Zero, then Revs, or maybe Revs2. Hmmm...

Lol, yes. :p Shotty gets the job done. Save the magnum bullets for later. Maybe a silly question, but you did get the magnum, right?

Kinsei

Banned

Hunters are my my favorite enemies in the series. Yeah, they do pretty much replace zombies in the mansion.

I usually save my magnum ammo for the final boss.

Psxphile

I wish we got Code Veronica, and Revelations 1 on ps4. :( but that seems very unlikely at this point.

Resident Evil:
Not-quite-important-enough-to-be-main-entries
Collection :p

Believe in the Capcom that would not hesitate to reissue last gen releases! They've yet to let us down on that front.

JayEH

Started a Chris run in remake yesterday, should be finished with it today. Wanted to re-familiarize myself with the mansion so when I play Lost in Nightmares for the first time next week I can see all the callbacks.

RootCause

Resident Evil:

Believe in the Capcom that would not hesitate to reissue last gen releases! They've yet to let us down on that front.
How dare you! Revs is fantastic. :eek:
But, since you put it that way, they should also throw in Dead Aim, while they're at it. :p

Lunafreya

Resident Evil:

I would arguably say Code Veronica is more important than 3:Nemesis due to so many things the later game use related to CV.
Wesker Returns. Ashford family history relations to the co-creation of Umbrella and the T-Veronica virus. Claire & Chris reunite. Wesker getting Steve's body for T-Veronica. And lets not forget that CV was originally suppose to be 3 !!

There's only three key moments of RE3 I could think of that have utmost importance to later REs.
Jill getting infected by Nemesis & escaping later and Raccoon's destruction. The Epilogues.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I would arguably say Code Veronica is more important than 3:Nemesis due to so many things the later game use related to CV.
Wesker Returns. Ashford family history relations to the co-creation of Umbrella and the T-Veronica virus. Claire & Chris reunite. Wesker getting Steve's body for T-Veronica. And lets not forget that CV was originally suppose to be 3 !!

There's only three key moments of RE3 I could think of that have utmost importance to later REs.
Jill getting infected by Nemesis & escaping later and Raccoon's destruction. The Epilogues.

CODE:Veronica was never meant to be RE3. The project that became RE4 (at that point staring HUNK on a cruiseship) was originally going to be 3, but was pushed back to the next console generation and the side project, Last Escape was given more budget and promoted to 3. CV was always CV.

Jawmuncher

It's surprising hunk still doesn't have his own game. Considering how popular he is. He's basically just got ORC and UC in terms of games about people in gas masks

Lunafreya

CODE:Veronica was never meant to be RE3. The project that became RE4 (at that point staring HUNK on a cruiseship) was originally going to be 3, but was pushed back to the next console generation and the side project, Last Escape was given more budget and promoted to 3. CV was always CV.

Ahh, alright that makes more sense.
I should have researched its background better, I must have read the wrong information.

I think RE3 is indeed the better game.
Which is why I hope Code Veronica gets a remake treatment after RE3, so it can get the presentation it deserves considering its plot. It seems possible that it will get a remake, no? They haven't bothered bringing Code Veronica HD to PS4/Xbox One or PC even.

Top Bottom