• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

JayEH

Capcom has been pretty bad about this with some remaster games (DmC DE, RE6). Apparently you need to do pre orders on PSN months in advance and I guess they just keep missing the window.

Also Finished my chris remake run. Ready for some boulder action in 5.

Timeaisis

That feel when you lose 45 minutes of progress from a zombie around corner you couldn't see.

Oh, Remake, how I love to hate you.
I don't actually hate it lol.

I don't know any other game that makes me feel dread around every corner. Will I enough ammo for an encounter? What about herbs? Did I just screw myself completely. These are the questions I constantly ask myself while playing this game. What a unique experience.

J-Roderton

That feel when you lose 45 minutes of progress from a zombie around corner you couldn't see.

Oh, Remake, how I love to hate you.
I don't actually hate it lol.

I don't know any other game that makes me feel dread around every corner. Will I enough ammo for an encounter? What about herbs? Did I just screw myself completely. These are the questions I constantly ask myself while playing this game. What a unique experience.

Yeah, seriously. I'm using Jill for my first run and I think I have it on easy or something. I'll have to wait and see which achievement pops I guess. Either way I'll take it up one and use Chris next time since he has a few differences in the game I hear.

AEREC

Yeah, seriously. I'm using Jill for my first run and I think I have it on easy or something. I'll have to wait and see which achievement pops I guess. Either way I'll take it up one and use Chris next time since he has a few differences in the game I hear.

I believe your save file color represents the difficulty. Easy/hiking is green, Normal/mtn climbing is beige, dunno what Very Easy/walking is...

cheez124

how is the new mercs mode in the RE5 remaster gonna be balanced, anyway? aren't the reunion characters a lot more powerful than the standard mercs characters?

Timeaisis

I almost accidentally selected easy as well. The middle option (hiking I think) is the original "easy mode". The first one (mountain climbing) is normal. the bottom is very easy.

You'd think it'd go Hard/Normal/Easy, but it's Normal/Easy/Very easy with Hard unlocked after beating it IIRC.

how is the new mercs mode in the RE5 remaster gonna be balanced, anyway? aren't the reunion characters a lot more powerful than the standard mercs characters?

Someone mentioned closer to the mercs announcement suggested that they'll likely have all the characters for you to choose, and then you choose the balance/rule set. So basic, reunion, and no hope.

I never played the reunion set, so I'm not sure if equipped weapons and items are a major issue in balancing.

What's the feeling in the 'room' on how RE7 proper will be revealed? There hasn't been a precedent for this from what I recall.

Famitsu?
GameInformer?
IGN First?
Gamescom?
TGS?
Paris Games Week?

Brhoom

Banned
So does the pc versions of the first three games run at 60 fps? I remember hearing that Resident Evil 2 on PC can be ran at 60 fps.

JayEH

What's the feeling in the 'room' on how RE7 proper will be revealed? There hasn't been a precedent for this from what I recall.

Famitsu?
GameInformer?
IGN First?
Gamescom?
TGS?
Paris Games Week?

If it's going to be an event it would be gamescom though that's not until august so they might want to do something earlier since the game does come out in January.

This chess puzzle in RE0 sucks. I'm guessing I need to get out of the checkmate and cover up all the poison gas holes again?

I die so quickly from the poison though. Used a blue herb, saw that my health was fine, went back to work, then died a few seconds later anyway. What the hell.

Zambatoh

This chess puzzle in RE0 sucks. I'm guessing I need to get out of the checkmate and cover up all the poison gas holes again?

I die so quickly from the poison though. Used a blue herb, saw that my health was fine, went back to work, then died a few seconds later anyway. What the hell.

You're supposed to mimic the smaller chest board on the desk. Piece for piece. It's a very easy puzzle.

Kinsei

Banned

Famitsu?
GameInformer?
IGN First?
Gamescom?
TGS?
Paris Games Week?

I'm guessing Gamescom. That gives them a good 4 months to market the game.

Bittercup

Has the retail version of Resident Evil 5 been delayed? I thought the release is on 28.6. but both videogamesplus.ca and amazon.com say 12.7.
On PSN and Xbox live it's still in June. Sucks if there's a 2 week long gap between digital and retail.

Has the retail version of Resident Evil 5 been delayed? I thought the release is on 28.6. but both videogamesplus.ca and amazon.com say 12.7.
On PSN and Xbox live it's still in June. Sucks if there's a 2 week long gap between digital and retail.

Digital always released ahead of physical for RE5 Remaster. 12th.

Bittercup

I didn't know that. That's disappointing.
I wanted to order it together with Zero Time Dilemma which has its release on the 28th as well to save shipping costs. Now I have to wait for both games.

JayEH

I might break and buy the digital version but I really shouldn't since I have plenty of other games to keep me busy until July 12.

Well I'm importing via play-asia so I'll probably be getting it the 20th-25th.

It's a great game, I expect the online community to still be thriving.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised how easy professional is in RE6. I mean sure, Leon's campaign (the only one I've done on pro so far) is the easiest, but the jump from veteran to professional felt much higher in RE5.

Jawmuncher

I'm surprised how easy professional is in RE6. I mean sure, Leon's campaign (the only one I've done on pro so far) is the easiest, but the jump from veteran to professional felt much higher in RE5.

Yeah they didn't give it quite the huge jump like they did in RE5

Lunafreya

I recall RE6's professional difficulty being lowered in favor for No Hope.

No Hope felt like old RE6 professional to me at least. (minus the fact that no hope has no skills enabled, thus making it a bit harder than original Professional.)

I'm just basing this off playing RE6 at launch on PS3, back before the big update that added proper chapter select/No Hope and Agent co-op for Ada.

cheez124

the damage up, defense up, and zombie/j'avo hunter skills definitely make professional a lot easier too. no hope is basically the 'true' professional difficulty

RootCause

Started playing RE0..

What's the best way to deal with the mimicry marcus? I tried the molotovs, but it's seems like a waste, so I loaded the game, and just ran for it. I have 9 molotovs right now. Should I continue to avoid fighting them? or is there a trick to ending the fight fast.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Aside from a few forced encounters, I always run. Things can go south so quickly with leech guy

RootCause

Aside from a few forced encounters, I always run. Things can go south so quickly with leech guy
Yeah, took plenty of damage, plus I wasted the molotovs, and some ammo. Load the file, and ran for it, seems like the best choice. Not sure what I'll save the Molotov for. Any tips?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Going from memory, there are at least a couple confrontations where there's no choice... I never liked using them much due to range & ROF. might have chunked one at zeds after the trainwreck

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion

Mr_Zombie

Started playing RE0..

What's the best way to deal with the mimicry marcus? I tried the molotovs, but it's seems like a waste, so I loaded the game, and just ran for it. I have 9 molotovs right now. Should I continue to avoid fighting them? or is there a trick to ending the fight fast.

Molotov coctails or fire grenades.
But you should simply run away whenever you can. Also remember, that if you manage to exit the room before they start transforming, the game will reset the transfornation animation when you enter the room again.

RSB

Banned
I put my Pre-order in for RE5 on Xbox One. Man I'm so hyped to get back into this. Back to Mercs till 4am
I did this last week (the first game I've ever pre-loaded actually) So hyped to play this again with my buddy, still one of the best co-op games ever. I NEED A HERB!

Downloaded ep. 1 of Rev 2 this morning and wound up playing through Claire's and Moira's campaign three times. I've played it across the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and now XB1, but I just never get tired of that mission. It's such an awesome introduction. I really like Moira as a character and she seems like such a natural fit for the "younger gen" of characters (although Rebecca and Sherry are close runners-up)

Now I'm gonna have to actually buy the rest of the damned game.

Downloaded ep. 1 of Rev 2 this morning and wound up playing through Claire's and Moira's campaign three times. I've played it across the PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and now XB1, but I just never get tired of that mission. It's such an awesome introduction. I really like Moira as a character and she seems like such a natural fit for the "younger gen" of characters (although Rebecca and Sherry are close runners-up)

Yeah, Moira is great. The series was really long overdue for a newcomer with no previous battle experience.

GrayChild

Keep in mind most people actually consider episode 1 the weakest of all. You're in for some serious treat with the other ones. Rev2 is the best thing that has happened to the franchise in the last decade.

And yeah, Moira's great. Hope she'll be around for Rev3 or RE8.

Keep in mind most people actually consider episode 1 the weakest of all. You're in for some serious treat with the other ones. Rev2 is the best thing that has happened to the franchise in the last decade.

And yeah, Moira's great. Hope she'll be around for Rev3 or RE8.

Couldn't agree more, played a ton of it on my Xbox One. Played the whole game coop with my wife, it was perfect as she's not comfortable with shooters. I would play Claire and Barry, and she would play Moira and Natalia!

BTW if any of you are going through RE withdrawals I highly recommend picking up Until Dawn if you missed out on it last year.

While the combat is of course nothing like the RE, the environment exploration bits are awesome and a lot like RE and it has the right amount of camp to make it feel just like RE.

Question about a potential Resident Evil 3 REmake:

I've never played RE 3, but to my understanding it also takes place in Raccoon City. Does RE 3 reuse areas from RE 2? If so, depending on how REmake 2 does, that would make the decision to remake it much easier.

Top Bottom