• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil has more unresolved sexual tension than any series in HISTORY *NSFW*

You could explain that away as him "keeping up appearances" because he's not ready to come out. He's always taking women out and friend-zoning them.
Maybe he just can't stand the thought of rejection and keeps everyone at an arms-length to protect himself from any potential heartache. That's why he joined the police. He works odd hours, isn't always well liked by the public, and gets to maintain a cold demeanor to distance himself from what he sees day-to-day. RE2 and RE4 are the tragic stories of how he finally trusted someone again only to have them stab him in the back or die on him. Poor Leon...

Maybe he just can't stand the thought of rejection and keeps everyone at an arms-length to protect himself from any potential heartache. That's why he joined the police. He works odd hours, isn't always well liked by the public, and gets to maintain a cold demeanor to distance himself from what he sees day-to-day. RE2 and RE4 are the tragic stories of how he finally trusted someone again only to have them stab him in the back or die on him. Poor Leon...

He's a bit of a tragic character, isn't he? Still, I think I feel more sorry for Ada.

Ada is always trying to get his attention but he either can't or won't seal the deal. At first she sees him as a cop and leverages his need to protect and serve, but then she realises after a while that what he really wants is an equal, so she reveals her true identity in a desperate and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to impress him. Then in RE4 she keeps showing up and saving his bacon, but all he can think about is wrassling with a shirtless Krauser. Then in the end she takes the sample, but only because she knows he'll come after her.

GrayFoxPL

Little counter GayEvil! Sorry!
fEsi9.jpg

AAxGp.jpg

yaMSZ.jpg

X2v30.jpg

She looks tense.

Claire needs to put some goddamned pants on. She must have massive second-degree burns down the insides of her thighs from riding a bike in those shorts.

farnham

Banned
Ok, so I just finished watching Resident Evil: Degeneration and it made me realize something: no two main characters in the entire running of the series have fucked.

re-latest-2-hunk-png.png

Now this is not uncommon in video games, even in series with more emotionally realistic designs. However, is there ANY game series that even comes close to putting more extremely hot straight-up alpha male/female characters in high stakes situation after life-threatening clusterfuck without ANYONE as much as coping a feel?

This series is one big cocktease after another.

The first Resident Evil wasn't so bad, but after the second it just got out of control.

Resident Evil 2?
Leon's series-long blue balls for Ada Wong is set into motion. Claire Redfield and Leon manage to escape the city after going through hell together and for some reason decide to part ways despite both being attractive, motivated people with a common goal and only each other to rely on. Nothing happens.

Resident Evil 3?
Jill and Carlos? Either Carlos dies or he escapes with you and is never heard from again. Either the T-virus installed teeth in Jill's vagina or Carlos somehow massively blew his chances despite being an attractive, motivated sexy foreigner with the accent, slick hair and everything. Nothing happens.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica?
If anything, Claire is perpetually trying to friend-zone Steve who wants nothing more than to dry hump her leg while crying about his parents. Still, Steve dies and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Resident Evil 0?
Billy Beefcake Coen and Rebecca Chambers are practically attached at the hip for 90% of this game and even though they clearly have time to at least make out at the end, they walk away. Yes, just walk away. AGAIN!

Resident Evil: Outbreak?
You're honestly trying to tell me that even with an entire group of survivors banded together knowing death could come at any second, no one brought up the possibility of a last-chance free-for-all sexathon?

Resident Evil 4?
Ada Wong, the defining RE tease returns to taunt Leon's misguided affection and even though being told by Ashely at the end of the game that she is totally DTF, he brushes it off like it isn't even a possibility.

And finally, Resident Evil 5.
Despite Sheva being a mega multi-racial hotty and Chris being a miraculously beefed-up testosterone machine, NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS!!! And let's be honest, if Wesker really was an insidiously evil villain and he managed to capture and install and mind control device into Jill, wouldn't he been even slightly interested in some kind of brain-washed hate bang? Come on, don't tell me it never crossed your mind.

And then there's the Degeneration movie I just finished...

Hot woman that Leon CLEARLY has feelings for: "Let's fuck...one day"

Leon: Sounds like a plan. (walks away and never speaks to her again)

REALLY?

REALLY??????

Bullshit. There is no way. There is no fucking way in the entire decade plus run of these plot lines that no one has slept together.

It's almost like Capcom purposely goes out of their way to turn every single main character in this franchise into some asexual weirdo.

The only excuse I can come up with is that after seeing so much genetic mutation, all of them are just nearly psychotically paranoid that they'll be getting it doggystyle and all of a sudden someone's cock is going to grow an eyeball and teeth and do some hentai-style damage on them and the thought of sex is so traumatic that they don't even consider it anymore.

Thoughts?
Leon and Ada are clearly attracted to each other

Jill and Chris is kinda hinted at in the ending of RE1

params7

Banned
lol I noticed that about RE. And i don't mind it even if it stays that way till the end of the franchise (if ever). I love RE's storyline for its science of viruses and monsters and the drama behind it not romance.

When Sheva asks Chris about Jill in RE5 he just says that they are "partners".
10 years after Raccoon City and Chris still thinks about Jill as a "partner".

Nah, Resi men are just solemn like that. It's like in RE4 when Ashley asks about Ada and Leon just says that she's a piece of his past he can't leave behind.

Maybe being isolated in an area full of zombies and creatures that want to eat their brains doesn't make them think of sex? Or maybe they are all homosexual? I always felt like Leon and Luis would make the best couple in the series, hehe.

Little counter GayEvil! Sorry!
AAxGp.jpg

Ugh, this looks like pedo-evil :/

Maybe being isolated in an area full of zombies and creatures that want to eat their brains doesn't make them think of sex? Or maybe they are all homosexual? I always felt like Leon and Luis would make the best couple in the series, hehe.

She's legal in most states!

Actually that's true. After Luis gets taken out you can check his body and Leon's like "I will avenge you bro, no sweat". I couldn't help but think they got awfully chummy awfully quickly.

Sadist

Actually that's true. After Luis gets taken out you can check his body and Leon's like "I will avenge you bro, no sweat". I couldn't help but think they got awfully chummy awfully quickly.
... and yet Leon can't pronounce his name correctly. Damn Americano! *Luis from the afterlife*

Beth Cyra

Well after playing RER I can't tell if thy are wrongly hinting at Chris being in love with another character or just embracing him being a terrorist fighting machine.

She's legal in most states!

She looks like 12 at the most, I doubt that's legal anywhere.

I played that part a while ago and it's more like "I will make them pay, I promise". Leon's scream when Luis dies is also the only time his voice has emotion in it in the whole game. They would've have made a great co-op pair, Luis has more personality than most main RE-characters, especially boring Chris, shame they killed him so early.

Ithil

Nah bro, she's 18.

I played that part a while ago and it's more like "I will make them pay, I promise". Leon's scream when Luis dies is also the only time his voice has emotion in it in the whole game. They would've have made a great co-op pair, Luis has more personality than most main RE-characters, especially boring Chris, shame they killed him so early.

Real talk. Chris Roidfield has the appearance and personality of a condom stuffed with ground beef.

kuroshiki

OMG I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS.

Don't worry though, OP. You are not the only one who thought about RE5's ending is a little bit weird.

Wesker X Jill is common theme in doujin world.

Why does everyone think Leon is gay
He's got Ada to chase around :D :D

Lol this thread is funny and jfdbkyfklih at nemesis in the op's pic, nemi needs love too

Jill and Ada for me please <3

The Jill sandwich pic made me laugh, Barry come back :(

I had totally forgotten all about this thread but damn it makes me want to play RER even more (it's in the US while I'm overseas on vacation).

And yeah, Chris & Jill are very much like Mulder & Scully to me too.

(I now regret not grabbing that S.T.A.R.S. iPhone case in Akihabara over the weekend...)

I must be one of the few people who never wanted any sexual scenes in RE.... It's one of the FEW games I love that feel it's out of place. They can keep all the hints/indications but zombies and sex don't mix well

Top Bottom