• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Sectus

Victory! I figured out how to skip door animations in xbox 360 version of REmaster. I should be able to do the same thing on PC version within minutes after it's released. Now I just need to wait 2 days.

Wait, I haven't been following this game much, but you're telling me that everything is being done by scratch? Everything in this game is being built from the ground up on a completely new engine?

They haven't rebuilt everything from scratch, but it is running off a new engine. REmake was using its own engine, and this new version is running off MT Framework.

Victory! I figured out how to skip door animations in xbox 360 version of REmaster. I should be able to do the same thing on PC version within minutes after it's released.

I never realized how much this bothered people. Not that I'm trying to single you out Sectus, I've heard other people who hate the door animations too.

The door animations are awesome to me, and it's part of what makes Resident Evil so cool. Maybe that's just me though.

I never realized how much this bothered people. Not that I'm trying to single you out Sectus, I've heard other people who hate the door animations too.

The door animations are awesome to me, and it's part of what makes Resident Evil so cool. Maybe that's just me though.

I think it depends when you joined the series. People who started at RE1 got used to it because that's how it was. People going BACK to RE after starting later in the series find it obtrusive.

Nemesis_

Door animations are essential for me in those tense runs where I have to complete it withing a few hours or without saving. It's only 1-3 seconds but they're just so essential in helping me unwind for that short amount of time while I wait :p

Sectus

When you spend literally an hour looking at door animations throughout a playthrough, they start to become a bit annoying. There's probably no one who dislikes them as much as me though. I think I remember I got tired of the door animations before finishing my first playthrough of REmake.

I think it depends when you joined the series. People who started at RE1 got used to it because that's how it was. People going BACK to RE after starting later in the series find it obtrusive.

Well, I started off with RE1 and I still dislike them. I can see how some people would like them because they're nostalgic, but I never liked them to begin with. I can see how they're necessary from a technical point of view, but if they're just there for show, then no, I'm gonna try to mod them out.

gelf

Door animations are essential for me in those tense runs where I have to complete it withing a few hours or without saving. It's only 1-3 seconds but they're just so essential in helping me unwind for that short amount of time while I wait :p
I never thought about that before but your right, its nice to have the break. Especially when the mansion is swarming with hunters and you have no health.

That said I'm not that bothered about keeping the doors, that's one aspect were choosing to keep them would be mostly nostalgia on my part. I understand wanting them gone and I wouldn't say its totally wrong to lose them like I would with tank controls and save points.

Wait, I haven't been following this game much, but you're telling me that everything is being done by scratch? Everything in this game is being built from the ground up on a completely new engine?

image.php

I love being avatar quoted.

i didn't even know i was until someone brought it up on skype lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This has probably already been asked, but, why is this 18GB? Just got my key from GMG and pre-loading now. Surprised at the size

The game contains around 2500 1920x1440 high quality JPEG's for backgrounds, as well as whatever other data the game is comprised of.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is this game much different than the original ps1? Or is it just re with better graphics? GameCube one came out during my dark ages of gaming where I just started college. Heh

Gaz_RB

Is this game much different than the original ps1? Or is it just re with better graphics? GameCube one came out during my dark ages of gaming where I just started college. Heh
This game is a a remaster of a remake of RE1, so it's a pretty big step up from the PS1 version.

goonar

Neo Member
I've never played a resident evil game before. Am I in for a treat? Are these games scary? Any recommendations for my first play through?

dmr87

I've never played a resident evil game before. Am I in for a treat? Are these games scary? Any recommendations for my first play through?

Oh yes, I don't know if I'd say scary, more tense and moody. And it looks incredible as well, even more so now. Please play with the original control scheme if you want a genuine experience. And you should probably start out with Jill.

Ugh, so conflicted. I have an Xbox One and could go ahead and pre-order/install it, but I really want to play it on PS4. I should be getting one soon, but I don't know for sure. I would just hate to spend the $20 now and end up getting a PS4 in the next few weeks. But I'm too big of a fanboy for this to be out on a console that I do own and not buy it. RE has just always been a Playstation franchise to me.

Grief.exe

Ugh, so conflicted. I have an Xbox One and could go ahead and pre-order/install it, but I really want to play it on PS4. I should be getting one soon, but I don't know for sure. I would just hate to spend the $20 now and end up getting a PS4 in the next few weeks. But I'm too big of a fanboy for this to be out on a console that I do own and not buy it. RE has just always been a Playstation franchise to me.

Any perceived difference is all in your head.

Fady K

If you really want it on the PS4 bro I suggest you finish any of the games you're playing at the moment and before you know it, your PS4 is there and you'll have RE to look forward to ^^

I have an Xbox One myself though I'm picking it up on my PS4 as PS is my main console and I'd prefer owning most of my games on it.

Any perceived difference is all in your head.

I'm not talking about differences, it's just a preference. I've always played RE on Playstation consoles. I'm also a trophy guy, and I like playing games in the same series and getting those trophies under one roof, so to speak.

antitrop

I'm not talking about differences, it's just a preference. I've always played RE on Playstation consoles. I'm also a trophy guy, and I like playing games in the same series and getting those trophies under one roof, so to speak.

Ya, I think I'm gonna get the PS4 version first off, for Trophies, then I'll pickup the PC version in a sale later on to replay it at 60fps.

But the PS4 version should be 60fps, seriously.

Nemesis_

Do both like I did :3 I've done the 360 and PS3 versions now just waiting for the PS4/XBO versions to complete the "set" of achievements and trophies.

I might have a problem

Oh god I feel so much better after reading the last few posts.

I also am getting it on PS4 because RE is a PS game to me, and because I want trophies. This despite the fact I have a decent gaming PC that could easily run it better.

But now I know I'm not alone! I'll grab it on a steam sale down the road I'm sure

And as mentioned above the fact the PS4 version is not 60 is BS

KyleCross

I'm a little annoyed about Capcom's coyness about Resident Evil 0 HD. We know it's a thing, we saw the image they quickly replaced. If it was already on a development PS4 with a game icon then safe to say it is a good degree done. I'd like to know when it's coming out. I'm guessing maybe they just want REmaster HD to be out for a little bit before the formal announcement for some reason?

liquidtmd

Banned
Just pre-ordered PS4 version - can't wait. I'm in UK but ordered from US store, £12 = bargain. Yes 60fps would have been nice and yes it's a port of a 13 year old game (it's annoyed me that people keep referring to this as a port of a 20 year old game i.e. PS1 RE1 - not the same at all)...

but it's REMake. On PS4. At 1080p and a few bells and whistles. Quite cheaply. I'm happy and will support without reservation.

I'm a little annoyed about Capcom's coyness about Resident Evil 0 HD. We know it's a thing, we saw the image they quickly replaced. If it was already on a development PS4 with a game icon then safe to say it is a good degree done. I'd like to know when it's coming out. I'm guessing maybe they just want REmaster HD to be out for a little bit before the formal announcement for some reason?

I imagine we'll get an answer within four weeks of this Tuesday once they have some figures. If it does well I reckon we'll see RE0 HD by end April / May.

I had to stop because I didn't know what to do lol, but thanks for watching my Zero gameplay and I will continue later need to sleep a bit...

Capcom is semi-smart in this and don't want to lower hype by suddenly saturating the market with RE.
REmake releases in 2 days, followed by Revelations 2 next month, Zero will likely be announced after Rev2. I'd also expect an RE7 reveal at E3.

Top Bottom