• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Phenomic

Can someone explain what scanning enemies does? I got it to 100% then it just went back to 0 in the demo. Feel like I'm missing something important about it.

Nessus

Why do people like to devalue a game just because it's portable?

I find it weird how a lot of people have this arbitrary cut off point.

"I won't buy a console game above $60."

Or like this, this arbitrary $40 limit for portable games, based purely on the platform and nothing else seemingly.

If I really want a game, and it looks good and gets good reviews and word of mouth, I'll buy it. I just sorta budget at least $70 when I go to the store.

hitmon

I find it weird how a lot of people have this arbitrary cut off point.

"I won't buy a console game above $60."

Or like this, this arbitrary $40 limit for portable games, based purely on the platform and nothing else seemingly.

If I really want a game, and it looks good and gets good reviews and word of mouth, I'll buy it. I just sorta budget at least $70 when I go to the store.

maybe its just not in their budget?

Anyways, anybody got tips on dodging? Is it possible to continuously dodge? I've done it many times, but I'm not able to do it 100% of the time. I kind of want to try to melee only with the knife and not having much success.

addyb

Quite surprised at the people cancelling there zavvi orders and going with amazon. Ive ordered loads of games from zavvi and for me there always on time and mainly a day early. Amazon on the other hand have never got me my game on time. I guess it comes down to personal experience but ill save myself £20 thankyou very much!

As for the demo i thought it was great until i aimed and it was in first person mode. I thought "nooooo" but a quick change in the options solved that. For those in the know. What benefits does the circle pad pro bring to the table in terms of controls for this?

Luigiv

Quite surprised at the people cancelling there zavvi orders and going with amazon. Ive ordered loads of games from zavvi and for me there always on time and mainly a day early. Amazon on the other hand have never got me my game on time. I guess it comes down to personal experience but ill save myself £20 thankyou very much!

As for the demo i thought it was great until i aimed and it was in first person mode. I thought "nooooo" but a quick change in the options solved that. For those in the know. What benefits does the circle pad pro bring to the table in terms of controls for this?

True dual analogue TPS style controls.

Can someone explain what scanning enemies does? I got it to 100% then it just went back to 0 in the demo. Feel like I'm missing something important about it.

I'm hoping a similar system to Bioshock1/2, where you scan/research enemies and eventually do more damage to them.
Anyone know?

Same. I kinda refuse to spend $50 on a portable game.

Yup. $50 max bundled with Frankenstick and I'll pick it up.

To be fair I almost never buy games at full price any more. There's nothing to be gained in buying day one (except dumb preorder bonuses) and almost every game will go down in price after a month (except for Nintendo games).

Took me a while to shake off the hype of day one purchasing, but once I did I can't look back... unless I really really REALLY want a game.

Ahh ok. Thought as much. Just making sure.

You can get a taste of what the dual analog controls would be like with control option C. It's essentially how PSP shooters worked with the face buttons acting as the second stick (albeit poorly).

It seems like it will help a lot but I'm not in a rush to get the circle pad pro. Playing it with default controls works good enough.

Yeah, still debating on whether or not to get the CCP. Type-C was good enough ...I mean, I got through the entirety of Peace Walker like that, so I think I can deal.

Luigiv

Yeah, still debating on whether or not to get the CCP. Type-C was good enough ...I mean, I got through the entirety of Peace Walker like that, so I think I can deal.

Yeah. I found Type C to work even better than Peace Walker, since the enemies are larger, closer and you don't need to shoot them in the head as much.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah. I found Type C to work even better than Peace Walker, since the enemies are larger, closer and you don't need to shoot them in the head as much.

I just used the gyro aiming >_> Definitely better than buttons in my opinion since you aren't restricted how to aim (only left, up and 45° diagonally with the buttons).

addyb

You can get a taste of what the dual analog controls would be like with control option C. It's essentially how PSP shooters worked with the face buttons acting as the second stick (albeit poorly).

It seems like it will help a lot but I'm not in a rush to get the circle pad pro. Playing it with default controls works good enough.

I agree the game will play fine without it. Getting the ccp with the zavvi order.

Perhaps consumers are--GASP!!!--trying not to allow publishers to get away with charging exorbitant sums of money for video games. If this works out well for Capcom, what'll stop Ubisoft, Activision, or even Nintendo themselves from thinking their software should be the same "value"?

Yeah guess it comes down to enemies. If later on you encounter mechs that fly around the screen for minutes on end, I will definitely opt for the CCPRO then lol

I just tried out the gyro aiming for the first time. Seriously, who needs a second analog when gyro controls are that precise. Other devs, watch and learn!

I just tried out the gyro aiming for the first time. Seriously, who needs a second analog when gyro controls are that precise. Other devs, watch and learn!

It's pretty damn neat, that's for sure. It becomes a little awkard though when you need to make big adjustments or things get hairy and you needs to move alot.

beje

Banned
Well, I'm keeping that Zavvi preorder because I made it when the full bundle was the same price as the standalone game by mistake and that means I got game + CCP for 35€ hahaha

KevinCow

Banned
I wish they had a mode that let you aim with the stick and the gyro, so I could aim generally with the stick and fine tune with the gyro.

Mistle

Few things I picked up on...

B + up or down will dodge enemy attacks, in either direction. Wish I figured this out earlier! Haha
You can shoot their feet and they fall over and crawl
I'm not sure how, but I shot one into a position where I could press Y to kick... pretty cool.

I wish this game had the "pop out" 3D like Mario 3D land. IMO that looks heaps better than the boxed 3D. Though it still looks great.

[Nintex]

Played the demo, still as cool as it was the last time I played it. And this game is still my most anticipated 3DS game. With that said I see no need for the Cirlcle Pad expansion. Type A, is basically Resident Evil 4 controls + real time weapon change = perfection. So I don't know why they're pushing an awful ugly piece of plastic.

Few things I picked up on...

B + up or down will dodge enemy attacks, in either direction. Wish I figured this out earlier! Haha
You can shoot their feet and they fall over and crawl
I'm not sure how, but I shot one into a position where I could press Y to kick... pretty cool.

I wish this game had the "pop out" 3D like Mario 3D land. IMO that looks heaps better than the boxed 3D. Though it still looks great.

there are other dodges too, that i'm sure don't need you to press B for, just use a direction when it attacks. i think the B dodge is a 'turnaround' dodge, vs a dodge that keeps you in close.

Top Bottom