• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

RedSwirl

Does this play like re 4/5?

It controls like RE4/5 but the structure of the game is a little bit more similar to, say, RE1. You have to run back and forth through a derelict ship finding items and solving puzzles and stuff. There are a bunch of side chapters though where you plays as other characters just shooting tons of enemies.

FloatOn

It controls like RE4/5 but the structure of the game is a little bit more similar to, say, RE1. You have to run back and forth through a derelict ship finding items and solving puzzles and stuff. There are a bunch of side chapters though where you plays as other characters just shooting tons of enemies.

This is what makes it hard for me to choose between this and RE6. I love mercs but I don't want to be subjected to a shitty campaign.

Old resident evil is best resident evil.

I'll probably just get both on a steam sale.

Davey Cakes

This is what makes it hard for me to choose between this and RE6. I love mercs but I don't want to be subjected to a shitty campaign.

Old resident evil is best resident evil.

I'll probably just get both on a steam sale.
It's not THAT much like old Resident Evil though. There are merely some callbacks, such as key doors and a few claustrophobic parts. I will say the parts on the ship are the closest that the "new RE" games have been to the pre-RE4 ones considering the smaller sense of scale.

That said, I haven't played RE6 so I couldn't compare. I have experienced Mercs in RE4 and RE5 and while I had a good time with them, Raid Mode in Revelations certainly has its strengths too. You probably should just get both eventually, but I can recommend Revelations in a general sense since I actually enjoyed it more than RE5 at least.

FloatOn

It's not THAT much like old Resident Evil though. There are merely some callbacks, such as key doors and a few claustrophobic parts. I will say the parts on the ship are the closest that the "new RE" games have been to the pre-RE4 ones considering the smaller sense of scale.

That said, I haven't played RE6 so I couldn't compare. I have experienced Mercs in RE4 and RE5 and while I had a good time with them, Raid Mode in Revelations certainly has its strengths too. You probably should just get both eventually, but I can recommend Revelations in a general sense since I actually enjoyed it more than RE5 at least.

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards getting both on a sale but knowing capcom that might be next year.

Mr_Zombie

Anyone knows whether you will be able to activate the game on Steam if you buy it elsewhere? The game costs 39.99 euro on Steam, which is about 160PLN - twice the price I payed for RE5 on launch. I'm sure the local distributor will sell the game for a much lower price, but I would still like to play it on Steam.

Davey Cakes

50% of the screen, yes.
I wish ;)

I'm going to say it's more like 2/3 of the game, if not more. That's basically its saving grace; being mostly Jill-involved, because the rest of the game isn't particularly great.

Yeah, pun intended.

I'm going to say it's more like 2/3 of the game, if not more. That's basically its saving grace; being mostly Jill-involved, because the rest of the game isn't particularly great.

Excellent. The other characters seem really lame and I like me some Jill.

So steam pre-order bonuses: ost, artbook, lost planet EC and season pass. Any better deals out there?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
RAID_1.png

Pre-Order from Amazon, and get a Rachel Ooze costume for Raid Mode: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B59L9T6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Maybe this will be included for the season pass on Steam?

Top Bottom