• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

Fady K

Prime Blue said:
These are the sample tracks released so far, I'm more than satisfied with how it's going to turn out. Just thinking about an orchestral rendition of the great battle themes from CODE:Veronica makes me all dizzy.

The UC soundtrack was much more electronic and new-age, and I was initially disappointed that its composer team wasn't brought back. But should the game really turn out as this revival of the series' horrific routes, then the decision to bring back the veteran sound creators was right.

Yeah, as with GAIDEN, THE UMBRELLA CHRONICLES and THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES, the scenario was conceived by CAPCOM, while the actual game development was outsourced.

True, UC's music was very much modern-age compared to the horror-music in RE games. It would have been nice to bring the main RE2 musician, Masami Ueda who worked on the amazing music in the first Devil May Cry and Okami, and more recently, Bayonetta. I look forward to the remixes.

I was just surprised at the outsourcing a main RE game - it was SO good i thought it was Capcom's doing. I would love to see Capcom give that team another go someday :) Though ultimately, the scenario was awesome altogether, so kudos to Capcom back in the day when they used to put out GOOD RE stories in my opinion.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Symptomatic of what's wrong with our over-reliance on numerical rating systems. There is no standardized spectrum of quality that correlates to a standardized set of numerical scores. Oh noes at the tenth of a point "improvement" in overall quality! I'm like 78.4 % enraged by that.

I was more concerned that there was so little difference between the review scores. If he thinks it's barely better than UC, then I probably won't like it. I was hoping it would be far improved (as it looked like it was going to be.)

Sadist

The love for CVX always confuses me. I like the game too, but I rank others above it.

Although the music is indeed superb. Need to reserve this game, have to think of that.

Bizzyb

Banned
Prime Blue said:
These are the sample tracks released so far, I'm more than satisfied with how it's going to turn out. Just thinking about an orchestral rendition of the great battle themes from CODE:Veronica makes me all dizzy.

The UC soundtrack was much more electronic and new-age, and I was initially disappointed that its composer team wasn't brought back. But should the game really turn out as this revival of the series' horrific routes, then the decision to bring back the veteran sound creators was right.

Man, that track that played during the Alexia First Form Fight. That was a masterpiece. The one where Wesker and Chris interact for the 2nd time. Holy Crap I cannot WAIT to see how they did this for Darkside Chronicles.

Sadist

brandonh83 said:
Your brother kept his promise-- I am sorry that-- I cannot--
Hehe.

I'm really curious about this one though, I've been on some sort of mediastop for this one. Capcom spoils way to much in their trailers. I liked the first one, so it can't go wrong me thinks.

scitek

Kuran said:
I just want this to be as good as HOTD2.

Then why don't you go rent it? It's been out over a week.

EDIT: NM, maybe it isn't out yet where you are, but my point is there are plenty of impressions and reviews out there now. Just check them out. HotD 2 is 100 times faster than this game. Not really similar at all.

Kuran

Banned
I do not want to troll.. but after having played this game at a friends house... I have to rant about this game.

Why is it that nobody, even Sega themselves, have been able to make a lightgun game featuring zombies that is as much fun to play as the second House of the Dead game?

First of all, the shaky camera was nauseating and gave me and my girlfriend motion sickness. There is just too much of it, and in cutscenes it almost looks as the protagonist has parkinsons!

The second big offender is the excruciatingly bad pacing in the narrative and story elements. The opening scene in the village is a joke! The voice acting is horrible in my opinion, even for a RE game! In the opening scene it is almost as if both main characters are voiced by the same actor.

And of course, there is no real feedback when shooting the zombies, it feels like I am equipped with a watergun! This does improve once you pick up a better weapon, but most of the time you are using the handgun.

I really wanted to like this, but what on earth went wrong? TOSE..?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kuran said:
I do not want to troll.. but after having played this game at a friends house... I have to rant about this game.

Why is it that nobody, even Sega themselves, have been able to make a lightgun game featuring zombies that is as much fun to play as the second House of the Dead game?

I think The House of the Dead: Overkill stands up with the best of them.

Andrex said:

I'd totally agree with you if the game was more difficult. I like to think Sega will remember that one little flaw when they start their work on the next HOTD. I still appreciate the effort and love the game though. I just hope that RE: DC comes closer to lightgun perfection.

Amalthea

Banned
Love it so far. It looks great for a Wii game, it's intense and it's even a bit scary unlike the last few RE-games.

And there's the nostalgia of course, so good!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Andrex said:
Eh, it doesn't feel quite the same. The lower framerate and constant hitches really detract.

Top Bottom