• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Wii info coming next month

Akia

Why have Resident Evil 4-2 when you can have 5? RE4 is perfect the way it is. I don't want anyone other then Mikami to touch a sequel. Hopefully the RE Wii is a new game..

Calidor

Be sure to get the next copy of Official Nintendo Magazine UK as it contains exclusive information on Resident Evil Wii.

I don't trust anymore the Official UK Nintendo Mag "exclusives", I bet the info will be out way before.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I think the story needs to be about Sherry Birkin; resident evil 4 kind of ignored her.

Production Studio 4 isn't working on either RE Wii or RE5.

From what I understand, PS4 as it was basically is now defunct. Mikami left to Clover Studio, and much of Clover's staff from what I understand is PS4 staff.

So no, in a true sense neither RE Wii or RE5 will be direct sequels to RE4 ... because the original staff is no longer working on either of those games. I wouldn't expect RE5 before 2008 anyway. RE Wii maybe a bit earlier because they can reuse the RE4 engine directly.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
soundwave05 said:
Production Studio 4 isn't working on either RE Wii or RE5.

Baiscally because from what I've heard, PS4 as it was basically is now defunct. Mikami left to Clover Studio, and much of Clover's staff from what I understand is PS4 staff.

So no, in a true sense neither RE Wii or RE5 will be direct sequels to RE4 ... because the original staff is no longer working on either of those games. I wouldn't expect RE5 before 2008 anyway. RE Wii maybe a bit earlier because they can reuse the RE4 engine directly.

nietzsche.gif

"god is dead"

TreIII

Well, to be fair, it's only Capcom's fault that Studio 4 went and croaked. Not trying to be a fanboy or whatever, but it is true.

Mikami basically said that he was willing to "cut his neck" if RE4 ended up on another system, and when Capcom decided to outsource RE4 to another Production Studio for the PS2 port...Mikami made good on his "threat", taking his leave of Capcom and the former Studio 4 for Clover Studios, and took a majority of his posse that made up that studio with him.

So, while Mikami is still basically on the Capcom payroll (cuz Clover is basically owned by Capcom), him being a part of Clover now pretty much means that we'll never see Mikami touch a RE game ever again. He's got his own projects that will probably keep him busy for some time to come now.

For right now, I'm remaining optimistic for the sake of RE Wii and 5. But Capcom also has a rather "questionable" record of what can happen when one of their main franchises loses its main force that made it so much of a success, as evidenced by the likes of Rockman X6 and X7, Devil May Cry 2 and Capcom fighting games made after 2001, for example. Hopefully, for RE being one of Capcom's most prominent franchises (after Rockman), they'll make sure the quality will at least remain the same...

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm calling it: RE4 with Wii controls a la Twilight Princess.

Thinking about it, the controller would suit the game's controls perfectly. I'd love to be wrong and for it to be a new game (EDIT - not a Gun Survivor game, please), but my gut tells me that's what it is.

Terrell

SuperSonic1305 said:
Wasn't this shown in Famitsu already? It's a gun survivor game with characters from the series. Ada, Leon, Chris etc.
You're thinking of a Chinese gaming mag which speculated it was a Gun Survivor game. Nothing, repeat, NOTHING is confirmed, other than the game is being developed.

vala

TreIII said:
Well, to be fair, it's only Capcom's fault that Studio 4 went and croaked. Not trying to be a fanboy or whatever, but it is true.

Mikami basically said that he was willing to "cut his neck" if RE4 ended up on another system, and when Capcom decided to outsource RE4 to another Production Studio for the PS2 port...Mikami made good on his "threat", taking his leave of Capcom and the former Studio 4 for Clover Studios, and took a majority of his posse that made up that studio with him.

So, while Mikami is still basically on the Capcom payroll (cuz Clover is basically owned by Capcom), him being a part of Clover now pretty much means that we'll never see Mikami touch a RE game ever again. He's got his own projects that will probably keep him busy for some time to come now.

You don't understand what is Clover , right?

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e040405c.html
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2268742&postcount=18

gconsole

Half of PS4 staff that didn't move to Clover studio still doing something which I guess almost is about technique stuff (not the game design). They need new team leader (after Mikami , Inaba and Kamiya moved) . Otherwise , PS4 will be defunct until Capcom combine them to other team (Which now Inafune is taking over Capcom by Rockman,Onimusha,Lost Planet, RE5 and Dead Rising)

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
beelzebozo said:
as a classic style resident evil, RE0 was pretty awesome.

leechz.jpg

leech zombies freaked me out, man. tribal drums were a strange and brilliant choice.

I loved the way the game was made with both characters and how you wee able to control them. This game used it perfectly. Kinda coll was to see the story behind RE and the game actually felt like a RE. Unlike a gimmicky game just using the RE name.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Kobayashi was the producer, Mikami the director. Mikami definitely is the main man behind RE4. But with that said, any talented director at Capcom could pick up the idea and engine and make a great game with it.

Jacobi

Banned
Akia said:
Why have Resident Evil 4-2 when you can have 5? RE4 is perfect the way it is. I don't want anyone other then Mikami to touch a sequel. Hopefully the RE Wii is a new game..
Imagine wandering around in a zombie city with RE4 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Re4+zombies<3<3<3<3<3<3

Jacobi

Banned
Link said:
I'm calling it: RE4 with Wii controls a la Twilight Princess.

Thinking about it, the controller would suit the game's controls perfectly. I'd love to be wrong and for it to be a new game (EDIT - not a Gun Survivor game, please), but my gut tells me that's what it is.
Um, I wouldn't say that is a provactive thought nor a new one

EctoPrime

I'm going to take a stab in the dark, "Resident Evil: The crap that Leon did between 2 and 4" followed quickly by Resident Evil 4 DX if it sells.

jarrod

Banned
Clover's staff isn't exclusive at all, they can still work on projects for the five active production studios. That said, Studio 4 did bear the biggest loss when it came to the Clover migration... these days (post RE4) all they've made really are DS ports (Phoenix Wright, REDS).

jarrod

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I hate everybody in this thread for making me excited for what will inevitably be bad news...
So long as RE Wii's from Studio 2 (and not Studio 1) it at least has a chance at being good.

Not sure what to think on this one. Would a RE2 really work with the RE4 engine? I mean, the environs seem a lot more claustrophobic, even compared to the smaller RE4 levels (castle). RE4-2 I doubt would live up without Mikami, and Gun Survivor would be another Gun Survivor.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I want Jill Valentine spin-off a la Claries in Code Veronica.

And with Chris being the main character in Re5, its high-time we had another female lead.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Hmm... Well I can hope for an RE4 - 2. Maybe it will be RE6? That would be crazy, but doubtful. I could only imagine RE4 graphics x2 with the Wii controller. As for RE2, if they have ambitions on a remake, I hope it's just for the DS...

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
John Harker said:
I want Jill Valentine spin-off a la Claries in Code Veronica.

And with Chris being the main character in Re5, its high-time we had another female lead.

yeah, actually, i agree. i really enjoyed playing as claire in code veronica.
side note: what a great game.

Polari

Sugarman said:
Not sure what to think on this one. Would a RE2 really work with the RE4 engine? I mean, the environs seem a lot more claustrophobic, even compared to the smaller RE4 levels (castle).

I agree, I don't think it would work well at all, at least not without some radical changes.

Ashodin

So how many people are going to get Resident Evil no matter what it is for Wii?

I just might, because the controller almost sells me on Madden. Madden.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Maxrpg said:
So how many people are going to get Resident Evil no matter what it is for Wii?

I just might, because the controller almost sells me on Madden. Madden.

me.
i am a staunch proponent of the "waggle-wand" (to use a neogaf phrase)

Ashodin

beelzebozo said:
me.
i am a staunch proponent of the "waggle-wand" (to use a neogaf phrase)

I know

the intriguing uses of a new controller radically different as this might make me delve into other genres I never thought to dare attempt.

Bring us an RTS!

[Sidenote: MODS MY AVATAR IS 87x120 I DUNNO HOW IT GOT CHANGED BUT DONT CHANGE IT AGAIN KTHX]

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Ash Sparrow said:
My favorite RE

my favorite
classic style
resident evil as well.

just thinking about claire walking with the lighter down the prison hallway in the first five minutes of the game gives me chills. and shooting nosferatu on the rooftop with the sniper rifle? don't get me started!

nosferatu.gif

i think we did him a favor.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maxrpg said:
[Sidenote: MODS MY AVATAR IS 87x120 I DUNNO HOW IT GOT CHANGED BUT DONT CHANGE IT AGAIN KTHX]
Nobody changed anything. the forums fix avatar width at 90px. You changed it by not adding 3 transparent pixels to the image. Yelling might fix it though so definately keep trying.

nightez

Banned
pitt_norton said:
You'd think that. I thought it was Production Studio 2 making RE5...

... and it makes more sense that Production Studio 4 would make RE Wii since they developed the RE4 engine on GCN.
I thought the RE4 guys left for Clover?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
beelzebozo said:
my favorite
classic style
resident evil as well.

just thinking about claire walking with the lighter down the prison hallway in the first five minutes of the game gives me chills. and shooting nosferatu on the rooftop with the sniper rifle? don't get me started!

nosferatu.gif

i think we did him a favor.

That was awesome. The whole "cold part" of the game was pretty sweet, especially the mock mansion.

Pretty tough endgame I thought.

pitt_norton

nightez said:
I thought the RE4 guys left for Clover?

From the link vala posted:

-Is Production Studio #4 still active, or has the entire staff moved to Clover?

In fact, we split the department in two. There were about 120 people at Production Studio #4. We made a 50/50 split, 60 each.
There were a few people who wanted to follow us immediately. Then we asked each staff member if he or she wanted to try the Clover Studio adventure or not. It was just a simple and direct question.

Top Bottom