• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Doel

And more:

EDIT 16: listened to complaints... working on solution to long checkpoints and health system. not positive what final solution will be.

EDIT 17: "Our time playing was a blast"... each character class contributes in a unique way and "we loved the strategy-laden medic"... unique sense of teamwork

EDIT 18: Mysterious "Cloven"

EDIT 19: "Resistance 2 will be too epic to dismiss as anything but one of the biggest, boldest, and most high-reaching titles of 2008. It's a game that won't be ignored." [END ARTICLE]

RELEASE: FALL 2008

WrikaWrek

Banned
_leech_ said:
EIGHT PLAYER CO-OP?!

Sounds like a seperate campaign for the Co-op. Not as cool, reminds me of GRAw, but hopefully this is more tham just a collection of missions, and it's actually a campaign like the main one.

teepo

this has got to be a fucking joke

8 player co-op in a separate campaign? finally someone understands how to do coop! halo3 with 4 player's was a joke, even on the hardest difficulty and the skulls. it simply wasn't balanced correctly since the difficulty was tuned for solo play.

traveler

Not Wario
This sounds....extremely interesting but...

Akia said:
If you can't beat them in quality just overwhelm them with numbers.

...yeah. (The randomly generated levels, especially, seem to speak to this)

Although the first Resistance was a quality title and it's not like Insomniac are shoddy developers. Wait and see, it is, then.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Can I at least play single player with Keyboard+Mouse ???

lots of pc gamers on Ps3 the devs insist to put aside

Master-Chief-Sucks-At-Playing-Halo-349.jpg

"LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

theBishop

Banned
Jesus Christ!

I guess Insomniac didn't take those "Solid if Not Spectacular" reviews lying down! :lol :lol :lol

This sounds epic.

WrikaWrek said:
Sounds like a seperate campaign for the Co-op. Not as cool, reminds me of GRAw, but hopefully this is more tham just a collection of missions, and it's actually a campaign like the main one.

GRAW co-op campaigns were plenty awesome.

Tieno

Is there anything about the kind of environments and lighting? I know it's united states but...what kind of day?

Mrbob

I might have to calm down. It sounds like the 8 player co op is a seperate campaign ala Graw. Which could still be cool if done right.

Madman

Chinner said:
I assume the 60 player server will be using P2P?
It was dedicated servers in 1. I doubt this will change with 2.

This is confirmed now? I can't fucking wait. Day fucking 1 purchase.

belvedere

Junior Butler
WrikaWrek said:

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Wrik's right. There's no way that can be the main campaign. It has to be some sort of scenario type setup.

Or is it?

Fuck!

:lol

NME

8 player co-op online?

Seeing as I don't know 8 folks who have a PS3, I'm going to be getting real chummy with some of you folks in time for this release.

Surfer girl right again it seems!

Also

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!

8 PLAYER CO-OP? MIND FUCKING BLOWN!

Sorry for the cursing...

SHIT!!!

That's totally mental, this game is going to be fucking awesome!

I hope they also have online co-op through the campaign if that's not what the 8-player co-op is.

leehom

i wasn't a big fan of resistance but 8 MP online?? OMFG DO WANT. knowing insomniac, resistance2 will be improved in every way.

i wonder which one will be the killer FPS app this fall, R2 or GeOW2??

h3ro

60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... NO LAG 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... FREE 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... :D :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
belvedere said:
So is that 8 player ONLINE co-op?

I'd be happy with 2, but fuck!

:lol

EDIT 6: Eight player coop over PSN, two player local

;)

belvedere said:
Never thought I'd say this, but I think Wrik's right. There's no way that can be the main campaign. It has to be some sort of scenario type setup.

The OP is pretty clear. There's a single and co-op campaign, apparently.

Smokey

Tieno said:
Is there anything about the kind of environments and lighting? I know it's united states but...what kind of day?

Who cares it's 60 player online battles and 8-player co-op online. The game can take place in Kansas for all I care.

dabig2

I think I'm more excited about the FALL 2008 RELEASE more than anything.

Well, maybe the 8 freakin co-op is a little more exciting, but still!

Maybe we can get a sneak peek next month at GDC. Please Insomniac!

Awesome. I really hope Sony can keep momentum going in at least the U.S.. With all these announcements including a future AAA title. Does anybody know how many times Sony has had a great news week to lose momentum once again because of it's NPD showing the very next week. It almost seems like a vicious cycle. Maybe they could plan the timeline of how the news gets out a little better.

Akia

Mrbob said:
Don't be bitter.

I love Resistance but you gotta admit Insomniac just zerg rushed the FPS scene.

The question everyone will be asking now is: Does your game have 8 player co-op?

FirewalkR

Tieno said:

I can see clearly now the rain has gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.

markom58

Neo Member
wat! wow. day 1 and all that jazzed. And its up on Walmart for preorder for $40!!

I keed, I keed....about the walmart hehe

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Okay, I've not played Resistance, I'm likely never to and I don't even own a PS3
yet
. But those features sounded way too good for me to avoid at least posting in here. :O

Also, I had no idea there was a stigma against bosses in FPS games. Metroid Prime series would like to say something about that at least.

Awesome stuff!

h3ro said:
60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... NO LAG 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... 60 player online... :D :D

You might want to stick "free" somewhere in there, too.

only one game gets to be the MGS 2 of PS3... personally i'd rather see it Killzone 2 than Resistance 2 as Guerilla need a hit more than Insomniac.

but online co-op is always good news.

Top Bottom