• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Holy....freakin....Crap.

Insom...is amazing...Good lord 8p Coop online sounds so insane!!! This all sounds so crazy!

It sounds great, but I don't want 60-person multiplayer. I've found that I have more fun in smaller, focused multiplayer match-ups. That's why I dug Gears of War multi so much...
There will likely be smaller servers, the total player cap is 60.

gcubed

Geoff9920 said:
I think someone forgot to tell Insomniac that next gen game development is supposed to take longer. :p

;)

they ratcheted up the resistance engine bit time (no pun intended... yes, maybe) in ratchet and clank, cant wait to see what they did since then!

RavenFox

Banned
JESUS SONY WINS AND INSOMNIAC RULES. Oh my God what have they done? what have they fucking done? INSANE shit right there. Andrews ya in here man?? have to read the thread now lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Got a new game to preorder. IF this is Fall 2008, Killzone is going to get moved. This already sounds like the more superior game.

Remember when some news source put Insomniac as the artist of the year and people said it should have been valve instead? I laugh at those people.

Insomniac = Gods of Cell.

teepo

Rodeo Clown said:
Do not fucking want.

perhaps the randomized geometry refers to area's that allow cover fire? then again, randomized levels can work if it's basically following a set template. but fuck it, i would love randomized levels with a highly customizable co-op experience.i do hope... though... that's the feature is exclusive to the second campaign and not part of the solo portion of the game.

and insomniac, please play sin and steal the arena mode. if you already got so much shit like this in the game, arena mode + leader boards would just be the icing on the cake.

AltogetherAndrews said:
You know what, fuck Guerrilla. If they can outdevelop Insomniac, then good for them. But that's a fucking laugh. But no worries, it will be a greater sales hit anyway.
all i mean is, only one game gets to be the one that gets the sales lift of being the first game for the PS3 that really shows off what it can do.

will it be MGS4? will it be Resistance 2? will it be Killzone 2? i think it's fair to say that Killzone 2 needs the lift more than the other two which are sequels to games in healthier franchises.

KillZone 2 has more to prove than the power of the PS3 like whether or not Guerilla can make fun games. i think it'll prove both of those things, but i'm liking what i hear about Resistance 2 as well. not sure why that was one of the first things that came to my mind.

Tieno

I AM JOHN! said:
WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE DUMB BECAUSE WHO CARES DID YOU NOT NOTICE THAT THERE'S 60-PLAYER ONLINE?! :p

Actually, I might have the issue in my mailbox, so I'll check to see what the locales are like, unless someone beats me to it
That's really impressive, but I've never played a shooter with that many people online so I don't know what it's like, but I really can't wait to try it and see if it's my kind of thing. I do love chaos though. I'm more excited about the 8p co-op, I love 'friendly' Mp more.
The 'look' (not technical) of a shooter is just very important to me too.

Gonna need to expand that PSN friendlist.

xaosslug

KZ2 DELAYED to '09, CONFIRMED.

seriously though, how far apart are the games gonna need to be released to not compete with each other? :lol

Cardon

Sounds really damn good. Big thanks to Insomniac for making what seems to be the best multiplayer console game coming out this year.

FrankT

Man, irked my GI didn't hit the mailbox today. Frothing at the mouth. Features are just unheard of on the console side.

Xater

Always remember guys:

hax.jpg

Sorry I am too lazy to do a new one with a Resistance pic. :lol

Crisis

Banned
xaosslug said:
KZ2 DELAYED to '09, CONFIRMED.

seriously though, how far apart are the games gonna need to be released to not compete with each other? :lol

It wouldn't have to be crazy. They could release Killzone in early September and Resistance 2 in mid/late November.

steve

Banned
Thank you for first post credit. :D

Us Junior members can't do much, but I aim to please. ;)

(can i have my thread privilige back yet please?)

plagiarize said:
all i mean is, only one game gets to be the one that gets the sales lift of being the first game for the PS3 that really shows off what it can do.

will it be MGS4? will it be Resistance 2? will it be Killzone 2? i think it's fair to say that Killzone 2 needs the lift more than the other two which are sequels to games in healthier franchises.

KillZone 2 has more to prove than the power of the PS3 like whether or not Guerilla can make fun games. i think it'll prove both of those things, but i'm liking what i hear about Resistance 2 as well. not sure why that was one of the first things that came to my mind.
Who cares which game it is!!! Hopefully they'll all be so good it'll be hard to choose.

Tieno said:
That's really impressive, but I've never played a shooter with that many people online so I don't know what it's like, but I really can't wait to try it and see if it's my kind of thing. I do love chaos though. I'm more excited about the 8p co-op, I love 'friendly' Mp more.
The 'look' (not technical) of a shooter is just very important to me too.
Did you not read the spoilered part? I completely agree with you and was being a sarcastic jerk. :(

I am wowed. Really liked the first, but it never reached that excellent level for me. But this is like "we are going all out and you will love this game" levels of awesome.

Top Bottom