• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 4 min. gameplay

gogogow said:
This is a normal COD4 MP picture:
cod4ls1.jpg
Lol. Posting pre-alpha bullshot is the best way to show the cleanliness of the HUD. That R2 screenshot is the most the game can get cluttered up. Unfortunately, that 'SDTV' screenshot of COD is also the most the game can get cluttered up to.

Bob White

I want to be hyped but....meh. Still feeling burned on buying R2 and well....this looks like it might have the same "battle room" design that ruled R2 so much. But, this is probably nothing more than a demo.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
gents, glad to see you like it. it was fun to hear all the awesome reactions to both this and A4O today.

more soon

Arnie

The best thing about R3 is the environmental effects. Some realistic looking wind you got there Insomniac.

Gunplay still looks pretty bleh to me though. Apart from that magnum, that thing looks amazing, only played about half of R2 so haven't used it that much.

njean777

From the video it seems to have slown down movement wise, I remember resistance 1 and 2 had very fast pace moving and shooting. I like that they are slowing it down a bit and that's it's not like a pc shooter porter to consoles.

Madman

jstevenson said:
gents, glad to see you like it. it was fun to hear all the awesome reactions to both this and A4O today.

more soon
Hopefully some MP info/video. SP looks great as is.

Violater said:
Video looks better than the first.

Dislikes

Shoot the glowing armor for massive damage

That I agree with. I dont think the target group for this game arent thinking logically. R:FoM had none of this. Make it way more vague.

Everything else...

The textures are a step up above the other games but still seem muddy

Energy Pickups WTF
Non destructible environments.

Player looking at the dead enemy and not shooting his head off :p

The color Brown

wat....Yeah, u mad.

thuway

Arnie said:
The best thing about R3 is the environmental effects. Some realistic looking wind you got there Insomniac.

Gunplay still looks pretty bleh to me though. Apart from that magnum, that thing looks amazing, only played about half of R2 so haven't used it that much.
I agree about the gunplay. What made the Marksman so awesome, and what made the bullseye so bad ass, is completely missing from the video.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
spons said:
Looks like the character is sliding over the ground.

But they make up for it with some cool first person body stuff sprinkled in here and there...

And really (unless my memory is off) the gunsway and stuff is a huge improvement over past games. I like how the player flicks his thumb while working the revolver. Cool touch.

And as for the speed of the game: I like what I'm seeing.

jett

D-Member
FunkyPajamas said:
I'm playing through it right now, it's still awesome.

You're right, it feels AWESOME and speedy unlike recent FPS games. Nice to play a FPS that doesn't require me to hold L1 all the time either. :p

Irish

thuway said:
What made the Marksman so awesome is completely missing from the video.

It was also missing from R2? Seriously, every weapon not named the Magnum was so generic in R2. I really loved all the alien weapons in R:FoM and they all seemed to be replaced in the sequel.

Effect

If you don't have infinite enemies like in Call of Duty then there is no reason why you can't have a health bar with health and/or armor packs in a game. Glad they brought it back.

Have they said if this will have Move controller support?

Loudninja

thuway said:
I agree about the gunplay. What made the Marksman so awesome, and what made the bullseye so bad ass, is completely missing from the video.
You do know you can upgrade these weapons right?Also I dont see the problem in these weapons the bulleye behave the same as R1 and R2, although this one looks better.

The Antitype said:
Oh. My. God.

I must have it. PM me where I can get it online if you're not allowed to post it on the forums for some reason.
XCM Cross Battle Rumble. It's awesome.

You do need to use a wired 360 controller though and most PS3 shooters map aiming and firing to R1 and R2 instead of the triggers. But still awesome if you're in the same boat as me and just can't stand the PS3 controller.

I really liked the animation when the Brawler knocked over the player. I also thought making a short window where enough hits would cause him to drop the cement block on his own head would be cool but I couldn't tell if that happened with the other effects (which looked great). Looking forward to seeing more.

Facism

fucksake why do they need to fill the screen with red when you hp is low? i've got a pair of fucking eyes, i can see the hp wheel.

One of the worst "features" to hit fps games. Frustrate my vision and audio when i'm nearly dead, great idea!

thuway

Loudninja said:
You do know you can upgrade these weapons right?Also I dont see the problem in these weapons the bulleye behave the same as R1 and R2, although this one looks better.
Go pop in R1. The bullseye shoots faster than you can imagine. Its almost like a fucking chain gun. Its large, inaccurate, and fast. Perfect for going up close to someone and slamming them.

The Marksman is a slower, methodic, and deadly weapon in the hands of the right man. You keep your distance and go for headshots. Kind of like the Battle Rifle in Halo vs. the Assault Rifle.

R2, and from the looks of it, R3, don't get the point.

Synless

FunkyPajamas said:
I'm playing through it right now, it's still awesome.
The game itself is ugly now, the snow though.....it never gets ugly.

Resistance 3 looks hot though. I can't wait!!!!

Why For?

Banned
Like I was watching Call of Duty: Alien Warfare.

In a good way. Looks better than 2 at least. Although I actually liked 2. But I LOVED 1.

I really liked the multiplayer in Resistance 2. Are they still going to have the leveling up and classes online in Resistance 3?

Boss Man

thuway said:
Agreed. Looks like it's not enough like Resistance 1, and too much like Resistance 2. I had high hopes too. :/

Hope I'm wrong. It's at least a step in the right direction.

Apath

Looks awful to me, but then again I've never been a big fan of Insomniac's games, let alone Resistance.

M3Freak

Banned
Game play appears to have a R:FoM feel, but the player used the iron sights A LOT. I sincerely hope it's not the best way to play the game. I really like being able to run and gun when I wanted to.

Other than that, not bad. I didn't want to watch the whole vid for fear of ruining the game (in case I actually buy it). What I did see looks good.

Oh, actually, I did notice a grenade throw. The lob reminded me of the epic grenade lobbing in R:FoM.

thuway

The game looks awesome visually. Fuck you to the peeps that keep complaining about "yellow" or "brown". Color ruined R2.

In R3, all the community wants is R1 gunplay with R3 graphics. Thats all. If that is included, Insomniac can expect the die hard community from R1 to be all over this bitch.

RedSwirl

I didn't click on this thread for days because for some reason I read "Resident Evil 3," and thought it was a video of someone beating that game in four minutes.

Filldough

I like that I noticed the awesome blood from the boat trailer is still awesome blood in this trailer. Although I didn't see it nearly as much... Seems like they have really been listening though, weapon wheel coming back being the most obvious, longer dev time/more polish, no regenerating health (something I personally don't like haha). I'm excited. Lots of really good games coming out this year, maybe I should quit school and go back to working fridays... haha

Madman

jett said:
You're right, it feels AWESOME and speedy unlike recent FPS games. Nice to play a FPS that doesn't require me to hold L1 all the time either. :p
Being able to sprint infinitely in any direction without it being stopped by falling or weapon switches feels so damn good. R1 had such great mechanics.

Nizz

I don't know if it was the quality of that youtube link, but the gameplay seemed to drop frames? Besides that, the game looks great. If they have the same pace/speed as in R1 it'd be perfect. :)

But I like what I'm seeing so far.

careful

Ok, I clicked the link with my hype for this game at about -100.
That combat scene was pretty damn epic. Much better than the R2 E3 video they showed with the big monster. Sure at this point in the generation, almost every FPS starts to feel the same Res 3, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, Black Ops, etc.. But this looks much more fun than any COD campaign mission I've played. It kinda reminded me of a Mass Effect 2 mission in a way and made me wish this was a Bioware style RPG FPS hybrid... :(

Top Bottom