• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - VGA Trailer Discussion - September 6th, 2011

Elixist

Lince said:
they look fine I think, but I dig the gore a lot. Explosions cut and rip body members apart and set them flying everywhere, in most mature FPS games we only see unscathed bodies bouncing about the screen after some frag nade exploded at their very feet.

totally agree with you dude. If your gonna have a game where you shoot things make the effects really satisfying, like these effects are. Thx for trailer Insomniac and the gifs yencid, I hope the gore looks like this when it comes out, love that part where he guns a chimeras skinny leg off, fucking sweet!

Dibbz

ra2pua.gif

1zgzxp3.gif

27zyzif.jpg

2lji2wn.gif

1274779903_glen-big-baby-davis-tongue.gif

Taking a long break from playing videogames will pay off I hope since I lost my will to play anymore. Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Journey will make me love it again.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Lol, what the hell is that thing in the boat's window? Looks like a yellow eyed dude masturbating.
haha, i was thinking the same thing.. well i thought he had to go to the toilet really badly.

Enemies just explode into clouds of blood and bone.

I hope they take a few more hits to go down in R3 than they did in R2. Something between the two would be the sweet spot for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I swear to god, if the game will look like this when it's out, I will eat my brains out.

It's just too good looking to be true, especially the camera movement. This imo looks 20x better than Killzone 3.

Loudninja

Galvanise_ said:
Enemies just explode into clouds of blood and bone.

I hope they take a few more hits to go down in R3 than they did in R2. Something between the two would be the sweet spot for me.

jstevenson said:
did you guys pick up on the longlegs that had his backstack damaged right before he leaped into the air? If you hit their backstacks now... they overheat and explode.

probably one of my favorite ways to kill chimera now. so satisfying

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It looks great. It has a much more appealing look now than the previous games, IMO. More distinctive.

+1 for Move support, please.

Auger looks incredible.

Its amazing to think that this game still has 8 months of development left.

+ 1 for Move support for me too. I'll even buy the sharpshooter attachment.

After seeing this footage, I hope this isn't the end of Resistance. This looks like Resistance is hitting the nail on the head.

Speaking of the overheating jetpack enemies, I'd LOVE it if they actually kinda spiraled off randomly instead of going straight up in the air. First of all, it'd look cooler. Secondly, it'd be AWESOME just to have that teeny-tiny chance of them slamming into some other Chimera and blowing them up. Sure it's not omg-perfect-balanced to add that kind of randomness, but awesome lucky moments like that are a big part of what makes gaming memorable, IMO.

M3Freak

Banned
Redbeard said:
Resistance 3 looked like the true sequel to Resistance 1 I was expecting.

I'll have to look at the footage again, but the weapons/effects looked massively improved.

I'd agree with this. I'm still not convinced, but it's looking good.

I do want R3 to destroy R1. I really, really do.

The Chef

Galvanise_ said:
Looks much better than I thought it did when I watched the trailer live.

Much better.

I didn't like what I saw from the live trailer at all but then I see character models and lighting like this this:

~Devil Trigger~ said:

and im amazed.

My opinion is invalid at this point so feel free to flame me for being a jackass.

badcrumble said:
Speaking of the overheating jetpack enemies, I'd LOVE it if they actually kinda spiraled off randomly instead of going straight up in the air. First of all, it'd look cooler. Secondly, it'd be AWESOME just to have that teeny-tiny chance of them slamming into some other Chimera and blowing them up. Sure it's not omg-perfect-balanced to add that kind of randomness, but awesome lucky moments like that are a big part of what makes gaming memorable, IMO.

They do :)

Plus, standard Chimera will flail around wildly when their heatstacks get punctured - and when they explode they cause grenade-like damage to other characters. If you're a sharpshooter you can have a field day.

V_Ben

Banned
Team Klimt said:

Plus, standard Chimera will flail around wildly when their heatstacks get punctured - and when they explode they cause grenade-like damage to other characters. If you're a sharpshooter you can have a field day.

Oh my :O

Sorc3r3r

The gif is awesome, but it lacks DOF or something like that.
I mean that the chimera model seems projected on a wall if you are focusing your view at the hand+gun.
Don't know how to explain, but feels odd to me.

BTW weapon wheel = insta-buy for me.

Team Klimt said:

yesssssss

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Team Klimt said:

Fucking awesome. I loved shooting off the hoses in R1, even though it had no point. I guess I'll be doing that a lot more this time around.

Sorc3r3r said:
The gif is awesome, but it lacks DOF or something like that.
I mean that the chimera model seems projected on a wall if you are focusing your view at the hand+gun.
Don't know how to explain, but feels odd to me.
The game isn't going to be out until September so the few nitpicky graphical things like that (I noticed it too) I'm not even going to mention since it'll almost certainly be remedied by release.

Boss Man

Ashes1396 said:
Yeah, me too.

Resistance 1 vs Resistance 2 Comparison Video -not hd- even if the vid says otherwise. :p

@above: I love that...
Wow even in that video you can tell how much the gameplay was torn apart in Resistance 2. I felt it but didn't really realize the visual differences. Huge crosshairs, slow as hell, no bullet tracing, no precision.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
This is not gameplay. I want it to be, but there's just no way. If that's what I'm going to see on my PS3 as I have full control of the main character, then I will...never wear a hat again.

Where did that second exploding chimera on the right come from? It looks like it shoots from the first one's leg or something.

Team Klimt said:

Thats making me quite horny.

Youre pushing the right buttons IG. <3

StateofMind said:
This is not gameplay. I want it to be, but there's just no way. If that's what I'm going to see on my PS3 as I have full control of the main character, then I will...never wear a hat again.

Are you trolling because this is by far the dumbest post in the entire thread.

EVIL

StateofMind said:
how come that would not be game-play? what you see there is entirely possible. I dont see anything wierd in that shot beside the bouncing captain

edit:
StateofMind said:
Where did that second exploding chimera on the right come from? It looks like it shoots from the first one's leg or something.
see the chimera in the back, it threw something towards you that made the chimera you pointing at blow up., some sort of grenade.

Boss Man

EVIL said:
how come that would not be game-play? what you see there is entirely possible. I dont see anything wierd in that shot beside the bouncing captain

edit:

see the chimera in the back, it threw something towards you that made the chimera you pointing at blow up., some sort of grenade.
Everything? I guess specifically, it's the lighting that just looks way out there.

Not to mention the pistol is being held at different positions in different videos.

StateofMind said:

The hat will wear you.

StateofMind said:

Looks like it was laying on the floor, so I think we can presume it was dead and got carried by the explosion.

Top Bottom