• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios is hiring four people

Coolwhip

Banned
I seem to remember someone posting in the old "Wii U Games 2013" thread that Retro was looking for an FX artist. The requirements and the jod description were fitting more into
a rather tech driven game than anything else... so I don't see it being another DK.

Sounds more like the Metroid game we all have been waiting for.

Do we even want (current) Retro to do the next Metroid? I'd vote for someone else.

Kouriozan

Retro hired all those open world and Sci-Fi devs, that's why everyone was expecting an open world FPS (and it explains the "F*cking Donkey Kong" at last E3)

emb

I'm sure at this point, they're primarily hard at work on their next project. Probably extended from a small team that had been kicking ideas around. It makes sense for them to bring on a few people as they ramp up development of whatever that may be. Pretty good chance it's a third DK game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Metroid either though.

Riki

It's a gritty reboot of Star Tropics that plays like Uncharted but with giant monsters and sci fi weapons.

This is dumb. It's just a job posting, it happens all the time. Rare put up a "tools programmer" last week, did anyone mistake it for the next Banjo?

Please someone from GAF get a job there!!

We need an insider.
An insider won't and can't say anything if they do get in. There are plenty of people who posts on GAF that works at studios, but most of them are a)going to be silent about it and b)are pretty much required to separate work with things like GAF.

Tovarisch

So, I visited linkedin and saw the new employees.
One of them - Adam Fenton, look at his work:
PIxd6wS.jpg

AcKaqW5.jpg

Why did you do this to me, Nintendo.

tears.gif

So, I visited linkedin and saw the new employees.
One of them - Adam Fenton, look at his work:
PIxd6wS.jpg

AcKaqW5.jpg

Why did you do this to me, Nintendo.

tears.gif

But the artworks are good. Not as good as the leaked artworks from the first game but still nice.
He got some talent and when he is guided right he should do some amazing work for retro.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Finally, the fucking Donkey Kong game that will end the trilogy
before the fourth starts the next one.

rokero

So anyone know the exact number of employees Retro has now ? With all the hiring they've been doing is it possible they have two teams

batbeg

@Kissenkopf artworks are gorgeous, but I was hoping they make Metroid :(

I missed something?

The few steampunk pieces of art everyone assumed to be the gospel and template for the first Epic Mickey, ending in everyones animosity and boredom with the end product cause it wasn't fucking cool enough.

So just GAF being GAF.

EmpReb

Banned
I think it was admitted that they do sort of have two teams running just one always a full power finishing a game. Please be metroid please fucking metroid. Prove all the haters wrong about the franchise, console and us fans. Just do another prime and knock us off our feet and make it the must have a Sci fi game of this Gen.

Top Bottom