• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios is hiring four people

Retro is the studio I want to see make a new IP the most out of any studio anywhere.

But I think their has been enough sly Metroid winks and nods from them that yeah.... its probably another one of those.

I'd prefer a new IP. I also think it's Metroid. I guess Metroid fans deserve it though. They seem really despondent after Other M.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
4 people? they are obviously for the fourth playable DK character
LOL, I'm jokin.
They are obviously for Prime4.
LOL, I'm jokin.
They are obviously for 4 different AAAA Wii U projects.

LOL.

javac

These four people will redefine our definition of interactive entertainment. If these four brave souls are actually reading GAF all I can say is...no pressure but the fate of humanity rests in your hands.

Nice, sounds like they've got the idea down and now hiring the talent for whatever it is.

Sounds like it might be early days for this project though :(

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Lol, we Nintendo fans really take everything we can these days, what? First the Nico Nico thing, and now this - and Im sure the hype train for both will go out of control :)

Anth0ny

Point 1: Nintendo needs the variety in its line-up.

Point 2: Kids only care about first person shooting these days.

point 1: other m sold horribly on a system with a massive install base

point 2: nintendo stops making games from franchises that don't sell well

Nilaul

point 1: other m sold horribly on a system with a massive install base

point 2: nintendo stops making games from franchises that don't sell well

Point: Metroid M is terribles, its not a Prime game. Its the other game that every Metroid Fan is ashamed off. Its like one of those melodrama series on tv.

Lol, we Nintendo fans really take everything we can these days, what? First the Nico Nico thing, and now this - and Im sure the hype train for both will go out of control :)

That's because Nintendo is a battleship as far as leaks go, so this is as close to a video game announcement as we can get from them, short of a Nintendo Direct, and we don't know when the next one of those will be (though we can easily speculate on ranges of dates).

ameleco

Hm. I checked their site and it still looks like.... eesh. It amazes that such talented developers have such a bad web page. It really isn't too far off from the horrible sites from yesteryear. So I guess they're going to be hiring a new web site designer sometime soon? :)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
what's that nico-nico thing?

Nintendo bought Dwango (Nico Nico owner) shares a while back, I guess that's what he means.

I was thinking of that japanese gaming show nintendo is sponsoring in april. it is arranged by nico nico or something like that. another semi-news story that just broke and managed to add some fuel to the hype train

JDSN

Banned
Hm. I checked their site and it still looks like.... eesh. It amazes that such talented developers have such a bad web page. It really isn't too far off from the horrible sites from yesteryear. So I guess they're going to be hiring a new web site designer sometime soon? :)

Retro Studios. ;)

69wpm

I was thinking of that japanese gaming show nintendo is sponsoring in april. it is arranged by nico nico or something like that. another semi-news story that just broke and managed to add some fuel to the hype train

Oh, you mean the Nico Nico Chokaigi convention, sorry. Forgot about that one. It's the equivalent of PAX as far as I know.

They'll never change that website. They're proud of it :p

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Sweet, more people to help Retro finish their Kong trilogy. Tropical Freeze looks splendid.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Their recent hirings don't really support that theory. At least not as a scenario where that's the only game they would be working on.

They will get around to it eventually...

Retro has mentioned in interviews that they don't want to spend energy on their website when they can spend it on making games instead.

Nintendo's marketing works for individual games, so fair enough in my opinion.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
RETRO IT MANAGER

*Essential Duties

Maintains Internet site for Retro
Finally!

Anyway, nice to see they want some new blood into the firm.

Why doesn't Retro offer internships? I'm gonna be graduating from UT this semester and I've always wanted to at least see their building. v_v

A Metroid on Wii U would be the bomba of all bombas.
Retro tends to work on one game at a time and takes about 3 years to develop one. Wii U will be dead and buried by 2017 (I personally think it's gonna be dead by the end of this year, perhaps stretching into next.

SerodD

RETRO F-T Concept Artist

Essential Duties

[*]Collaborate with the Creative Director, Lead Artist and other Environmental/Character Artists to create digital 3D assets consistent with the overall art direction

Typical Requirements

• [*]Strong 2D drawing skills

[*]Capable of quickly becoming proficient with Retro’s 2D art production tools

• 2D and 3D? Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 Confirmed!

Litri

I seem to remember someone posting in the old "Wii U Games 2013" thread that Retro was looking for an FX artist. The requirements and the jod description were fitting more into
a rather tech driven game than anything else... so I don't see it being another DK.

Sounds more like the Metroid game we all have been waiting for.

Top Bottom