• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios moved to a new larger office

Stewox

Banned
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/10/14/retro-studios-moves-to-a-new-larger-office/

Seems like this one is taller, much more parking slots.

I've twetted Grant Kirkhope to try to apply at Retro now that they move, worth a try ... but he's probably already busy eh?

Also ... Google Earth imagery seems to be half year outdated for that area ... what about someone contacting heli to fly over that area to get great high-quality close-up snaps, would be cool, I hope there are logos on the building.

http://www.austinaerialphoto.com/
http://www.topflightphoto.com/

Or just someone who lives there can go snap the outside ...

MisterHero

Maybe they'll be able to handle more than 1 project at a time now, or deliver single projects faster. Good luck to them. :)

YeyQp.jpg

[...]It's working on fantastic project for Wii U.

So the question arises, who put that S plural there, is it Reggie's reported speech or just a journalist's conjecture?

How many new guys have they been hiring in the past few months exactly?
And how many people have left since prime 3 released? Does anyone know?
And up next for new hq treatment: Monolith Soft

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How many new guys have they been hiring in the past few months exactly?
And how many people have left since prime 3 released? Does anyone know?
And up next for new hq treatment: Monolith Soft

Not sure about the two questions, but Monolith Soft expanded and got a new office already. They have two now, the main one in Tokyo where Takahashi is working on a WiiU game, and a new one in Kyoto where Honne moved and is supposedly working on a 3DS game.

MisterHero

Not sure about the two questions, but Monolith Soft expanded and got a new office already. They have two now.
They, Retro, and NoE should get together for Xenoblade 2. Monolith for the game design, Retro for the technical assistance, and NoE for the worldwide translations.

Rather than being geographically far apart worldwide, they would share an orbital space station.

From space, the world's next greatest game will descend!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Retro must be so delighted about the recent influx of dejected Rare fans who now make them the focus of pathetic levels of scrutiny.

but Monolith Soft expanded and got a new office already. They have two now, the main one in Tokyo where Takahashi is working on a WiiU game, and a new one in Kyoto where Honne moved and is supposedly working on a 3DS game.

Speaking of which, iirc same thing happened with Nintendo EAD, as I recall they moved into a building with more office-space some time back.

Very promising pieces of informations, may I add.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
One of the few Nintendo studios I can consistently rely on. Can't wait to see what they've got cookin'.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I hope they also update their current website which is, hyperbole aside, the worst website ever made for a company of this caliber.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
And just like that Retro has 3 openings for security. You guys crazy.

Anustart

I'm willing to pack myself in a crate and ship myself to the building if one of you guys will cover the freight charge.

Reminds me of the old RETRO stalking thread where I squatted outside an employee's house for 3 hours to try get some info...

Good times.

Top Bottom