• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios moved to a new larger office

apana

So this will be where the magic happens. They must be making a lot of Mario Kart levels if they need this much space.

Stewox

Banned
Building Features:

The design features abundant natural light, attractive finishes, state-of-the-art construction, and plenty of parking. Park Central's outstanding location, attractive design and setting, and competitive lease rates make it the perfect environment for today's dynamic businesses.

One 3-Story Building:
First Floor: 38,239 sq. ft.
Second Floor: 37,578 sq. ft.
Third Floor: 38,274 sq. ft.
114,091 (Rentable) sq. ft.

Site information:
ˇ 9.049 Acres
ˇ 4.64 parking spaces per 1000 rsf
ˇ 530 Parking Spaces including 83 reserved covered spaces

* Lobby features:
- Fully glazed window wall providing abundant natural light
- Finished with custom wood paneling, faux-painted accent walls
- Coffered ceilings with upgraded pendant and recessed lighting
- Two elevators with central stairwell and additional stairwells at each end of building
* Textured finish and inlaid stone accents with glass canopies at building entries
* Two sets of restrooms and two sets of mechanical rooms per floor
* State-of-the-art life safety and security systems in a fully sprinklered building.
* Attractive landscaping situated adjacent to a park-like setting with a walking path and pond.
* Large floorplates maximize space planning flexibility.
* Finish out allowances to meet individual tenant requirements. Shell building includes 2'X4' light fixtures, ceiling grid, ceiling tile, and window blinds.
* Accomodating tenants from 1,000 to 114,091 rentable square feet.
* Most competitive new office lease rates in the vibrant North Austin market.

As much as I love metroid prime, I want to see retro grow beyond that. Hand them zelda or star fox please. Star Fox needs its more, zelda is more like I want to see a new take on the series, not the standard OOT formula.

As much as I loved metroid prime, I want to see retro grow beyond that. Hand them zelda or star fox please. Star Fox needs its more, zelda is more like I want to see a new take on the series, not the standard OOT formula.

Nope, new IP because they deserve it at this point.

I hope they don't go in a situation where they are what RARE is doing for Microsoft.

At worst they will be making DKC sequels forever which while shitty is 100x better than what Rare has become.

thefro

Now we need someone in the area to stop by and see if anyone else is located in the building. Looks like your typical office park building where you can rent out various square footage depending on your needs.

Neo Child

Banned
great, now just input that to one of those CSI computers that will be able to output some weird blurry reflextion into a 4K resolution close up of people covering their mouths with their hands and deduct what they are saying by the pulsation in their veins.

all you need to do is bypass the mainframe its not hard

Roo

You know... it would be a heavenly day if the project Retro Studios is working on is indeed a Metroid game.
And I'm not really talking about the announcement per se :)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
500 parking spaces? 114,00 square feet?

Weren't Retro at most 100 people until recently? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
And neither does sharing a building with another company, given Nintendo's strict secrecy...

Tagg9

We need a plan, guys.

I'm thinking we break in through the "exit passage" running along the building starting from the west side (probably used in emergencies or for maintenance). If we can bypass the alarm there, we should be able to access the rest of the place no problem.

Weren't Retro at most 100 people until recently? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
And neither does sharing a building with another company, given Nintendo's strict secrecy...

They weren't even close to a hundred when DKCR shipped, so either they don't own most of that building, or Nintendo is building a huge EAD Austin where they will foster tons of western talent for tons of games *_*. It's probably the former

Edit: I'm sure the Retro guys that browse gaf get a good laugh out of you guys...or are insanely creeped out

Info of the leasing company for the building:

Company Koontz Mccombs
Address 755 E Mulberry Ave Ste 100, Austin, TX 78704
Phone 210-826-2600
Contact Person Alex Yount
Phone 210-841-9230

It is roughly 9.04 acres, was built in 2007, has a tax ID of 526901, and is located in Travis county.

Get to it GAF. Figure out what they're working on.

F#A#Oo

Banned

Retro have hired a ton in the past year...

I would not be surprised if Nintendo plans on them making 2-3 games simultaneously. 2 Wii U and a 3DS or 1 Wii U and 2 3DS...

The Iwata Asks with Retro was interesting...seems to me Nintendo realised after a few people left Retro after Metroid Corruption that they needed to get Retro working on more than one I.P at a time to keep people on staff!

Iwata Asks with Retro on Donkey Kong Country Returns

Retro have hired a ton in the past year...

I would not be surprised if Nintendo plans on them making 2-3 games simultaneously. 2 Wii U and a 3DS or 1 Wii U and 2 3DS...

The Iwata Asks with Retro was interesting...seems to me Nintendo realised after a few people left Retro after Metroid Corruption that they needed to get Retro working on more than one I.P at a time!

Iwata Asks with Retro on Donkey Kong Country Returns

From every job posting we've seen Retro has not quadrupled in size in the past year and half. They probably have enough people to do one Wii U game.

Anustart

Info of the leasing company for the building:

It is roughly 9.04 acres, was built in 2007, has a tax ID of 526901, and is located in Travis county.

Get to it GAF. Figure out what they're working on.

If they've rented only the second or third floor, I have a plan. GAF collectively rents whichever floor they didn't, 2 or 3. Meticulously build it to match their floor, mess with the elevator controls, and bam! They won't know what hit them until it's too late and we're all up on the third floor playing Metroid X Star Fox alpha builds!

If they've rented only the second or third floor, I have a plan. GAF collectively rents whichever floor they didn't, 2 or 3. Meticulously build it to match their floor, mess with the elevator controls, and bam! They won't know what hit them until it's too late and we're all up on the third floor playing Metroid X Star Fox alpha builds!

This is a great Idea!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Based on info known Retro probably has 1 of the 3 floors as their own.

This makes the most sense, but still it suggests they are thinking about expanding or they would have preferred the privacy of their own building.

Another plausible explanation is that every employee of Retro studios is getting their own stretch-limousine as a bonus. That would explain the need for more parking spaces.

Reminds me of the old RETRO stalking thread where I squatted outside an employee's house for 3 hours to try get some info...

Good times.

What info did you expect to get? Were you planning to confront them? Determine the game they were working on based on their gait? Looking at building plans is one thing, but you were way out of fucking line.

Anyways... I'm glad Retro is movin' on up. They are a terrific company. Working with Nintendo continues to pay off.

In other news, Silicon Knights are also moving to new digs:
u5zmi.jpg

This thread is like watching your significant other masturbate... It's hot as hell, but you feel a little bad invading their privacy <_< at least I do.

What info did you expect to get? Were you planning to confront them? Determine the game they were working on based on their gait? Looking at building plans is one thing, but you were way out of fucking line.

Anyways... I'm glad Retro is movin' on up. They are a terrific company. Working with Nintendo continues to pay off.

In other news, Silicon Knights are also moving to new digs:
u5zmi.jpg

Cool! Where did you find this?

Top Bottom