• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

return of the Rat: the *NEW* official ESPN NFL 2005 xbox online league thread!

the new season is up guys. online servers are fixed (for now) and everything seems to be running smooth. Here are the details:

* 20-man league
* 8 Playoff teams
* Legend setting, 6 minute quarters
* Trading is currently ON
* Random weather is currently ON
* 16 week season
* 5 day MAXIMUM interval between rounds

-------------------------

now, i have to be strict but fair about this. i'm going to post the name and password, and the first 20 people in are in. but at the same time, if say DM or matrix or one of the regulars who we KNOW will play and be committed somehow get left out, you can rest assured someone is going to have to be dropped. however i think 20 players will allow a pretty big league, and i think we can pool together 20 guys who will be dedicated to the league. so, the info to join is below. here are the only "reservation" teams that i know of. if your name isn't attached to these teams, dont pick them:

1. dm - bucs
2. konex - colts
3. gunstar - eagles
4. CP - chiefs
5. ramirez - steelers
6. hgplayer - cowboys
7. fifty - ravens
8. CK - giants
9. andy - Patriots
10. bishop - seachickens
11. mrbob - bears
12. matrix - texans

i probably missed some of you die hard fans, i'm sorry if i did. trying to get this filled ASAP. so, sign in now, and let the games begin!

p.s. if any of you are on the above list, it doesn't mean you HAVE to pick that team. but i know those guys are diehards so they should get their team

---------

lol, forgot to post the info...

Name: GAF
PW: adios

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
League servers are not fixed,go into my league thread....*cries*

Ramirez

Cool,I just wish the shit would work properly,VC seems to be the only fuckin company in the world that has a hard time with getting their online stuff working.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Heh,Am I the only one that doesnt see the name and pass listed here? ...maybe I'm blind.

You guys know you can join a league from the website, right? Even if a few people are having problems, lets at least get the league filled.

Post the info!

hgplayer1

Cerebral Palsy said:
You guys know you can join a league from the website, right? Even if a few people are having problems, lets at least get the league filled.

Post the info!

dude the problem is not signing up or even viewing leagues.........the problem NOW is whether or not youll be able to actually complete a game and theres nobody to blame for those drops but VC or Sega or whoever owns that Pentium II box they call a server.

hgplayer1 said:
dude the problem is not signing up or even viewing leagues.........the problem NOW is whether or not youll be able to actually complete a game and theres nobody to blame for those drops but VC or Sega or whoever owns that Pentium II box they call a server.

Well, lets get the fucking league filled at least. Then we can worry about getting the games done. Is the patch up today yet?

hgplayer1

Cerebral Palsy said:
Well, lets get the fucking league filled at least. Then we can worry about getting the games done. Is the patch up today yet?

there is no patch. it was a server update and Im pretty sure theyve already implemented it since now theres no problems getting into My Leagues. now they could still be working on it I suppose but I dont see why they wouldnt just shut the servers down while they rework everything. it might explain why games are dropping........then again......it happened last year.

hgplayer1 said:
there is no patch. it was a server update and Im pretty sure theyve already implemented it since now theres no problems getting into My Leagues. now they could still be working on it I suppose but I dont see why they wouldnt just shut the servers down while they rework everything. it might explain why games are dropping........then again......it happened last year.

Well, like I said... Lets at least get everyone signed up. Then we can see how the servers are tomorrow and Sunday. They could still be working on them now. *crosses fingers*

Matrix

Ok I signed up..maybe 3rd times a charm.

lol d'ultimate, that was a good one.

but dude, you dont need to "sign up" here. just sign in on your xbox. you already have all the info you need. go pick the broncos and sign up, the power is in YOUR hands now

wtf CP. i guarantee i am going to beat the shit out of you when we play and it counts. enjoy your exhibition wins, they wont help you come league time when it matters (just like last year) :D

d'ultimate, you snooze you loose buddy. konex took your broncos... and your good lady wife. better sign up as the colts to gain revenge.

DMczaf

Hahaha, CP is exactly like the real Chiefs

Talk a big game in regular season then forget your game at home during the playoffs...IF you get there that is!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well, you know what team to give me but Little Tokyo would like the Redskins. By the way, he is still banned.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
well the other leauge was deleted.. and I went ahead and joined anyway.. figure if they dont want a doormat they can boot me later :p

right now 8 spots to fill.

Matrix

GG,but I swore those refs were trying to fuck us both over that game.

Matrix said:
GG,but I swore those refs were trying to fuck us both over that game.

Yeah, there were some really bad calls. That last INT -> Fumble Recovery you got was a total incomplete pass :( No complaining though. I had plenty of opportunities in the closing minutes, and botched a fieldgoal early I should have punted. Can't remember if you scored on that drive or not. I can't believe that pass to Holmes with 7 seconds left... Cracked under pressure.

Matrix

I dont think I did,cause you were already up 10-7 I think and it went into half that way.It was in the first half,the botched FG?

Matrix said:
I dont think I did,cause you were already up 10-7 I think and it went into half that way.It was in the first half,the botched FG?

Maybe not. I think that was the drive where Mas got the INT in the redzone.

Anyway, awesome game. It was really fun despite losing, which I can't say happens much. I'm usually throwing controllers at the wall when I lose.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
Maybe not. I think that was the drive where Mas got the INT in the redzone.

Anyway, awesome game. It was really fun despite losing, which I can't say happens much. I'm usually throwing controllers at the wall when I lose.

LOL,yea it was a fun game.You getting the ball back twice near my redzone at the end of the game scared the shit out of me,I always choke.

guys, hear me now and believe me later: there is no "sign up" process. if you want in the league, just go sign up with whichever team you want (presuming its not one of the above teams, which will automatically go to the player above unless they dont want that team). so, lets say you want the cardinals. just go online and sign in with the cards, no need to post it here. we'll get the league started faster that way

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Who will stop the Ravens? I have 103 points in my last 3 games. You already know my D is #1 :p

#1 if DMczaf and the Bucs were banned from the league...which they are not!!!

hey dudes i had to post this somewhere, so might as well be here.

i played konex and won tonight. no big deal right? wrong. i won the game 14-3 (i think), which isn't unusual, but konex missed *4* pretty easily field goals, 2 of them from inside the redzone. he also choked inside the 5 yardline with a 1st and goal twice... san francisco has a dangerous wind! you can't kick here! konex also got another dose of Kbar

Matrix

Fifty said:
Who will stop the Ravens? I have 103 points in my last 3 games. You already know my D is #1 :p

My texans were just off that game...you will fall in the league...you will fall.

Matrix

Sure,I'll be online in 5 minutes.

*If I lose with the Texans its cause I'm off,always remember that ;) *

Top Bottom