• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

return of the Rat: the *NEW* official ESPN NFL 2005 xbox online league thread!

Fifty

O.M.G.

Where do I start? Matrix and I just played the most broken game in the history of sports-gaming.

I won 47-20something, but the score doesn't matter.

Cmac got a pick in the third qtr....He got it by reaching through another player's leg.

The ball is tipped off a player's foot, gets stuck in some dude's leg. Cmac reaches inside his leg, uses his faith healing powers to grab it, and gets the INT. BORKEN GMEA.

Kyle Boller dives 3 yards sideways in one frame of animation.

A Houston WR catches the ball.....AFTER IT GOES THROUGH MY DB'S CHEST....then my DB's arm goes through the other guy's chest and swats the ball away

THE GAME IS FUCKED UP.

Matrix bro, help me out here.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Matrix said:
Sure,I'll be online in 5 minutes.

*If I lose with the Texans its cause I'm off,always remember that ;) *

Remember this quote Fifty..well the whole damn game was off......I dont even know how to talk about the game we just played.

*goes into corner sucking thumb and crying*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
O.M.G.

Where do I start? Matrix and I just played the most broken game in the history of sports-gaming.

I won 47-20something, but the score doesn't matter.

Cmac got a pick in the third qtr....He got it by reaching through another player's leg.

The ball is tipped off a player's foot, gets stuck in some dude's leg. Cmac reaches inside his leg, uses his faith healing powers to grab it, and gets the INT. BORKEN GMEA.

Kyle Boller dives 3 yards sideways in one frame of animation.

A Houston WR catches the ball.....AFTER IT GOES THROUGH MY DB'S CHEST....then my DB's arm goes through the other guy's chest and swats the ball away

THE GAME IS FUCKED UP.

That was not football..I dont know what it was,but it wasnt football.

Boller is Superman...they should have put a cape on him..dude do you believe a man can fly?...cause I do now.

I think all the men on the field died and we were playing with ghosts.

Maverick

YO FMT! DOG!

I'm in! I'll go on and sign up tomorrow, but just so you know I am definitely down for the league with the Falcons. My two good buddies are also going to sign up and register at GA, because they are really excited about participating in a legit league. These are the dudes I told you about.

Bog

Junior Ace
Can I just say how happy I am that VC came through with the patch yesterday to fix the problems people were having connecting to the ESPNVideogames server?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
yeah, even when there were widespread problems I could connect on a fairly regular basis.. your the only one who cant connect at all, I would imagine its something on your end.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
once I can log back in to Sega's website for the online leagues I will post this there.

I NEED a Free Saftey. Both of mine are ass. So, if someone would like to trade for a FS (rating around 70-75) I will give you a happy ending you wont forget...

Ramirez

I want a fuckin RB,Deuce isn't cutting the mustard in this game,maybe its my o-line,I have no clue,I just know I cant fuckin run :( And its gotten me beat the last few games.

Matrix

Seriously Dskillz..if your gf pulls that shit again...dump her :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT the league is already full.

This is fucking unbelievable. I miss out on yet ANOTHER tourney/league. Considering I bought this solely for the tourneys/leagues this was not a good purchase.

Fifty

It seems no one took the Giants. There are a bunch of people in the league I've never heard of, and poor CK can't get a spot. :(

Fifty said:
There are a bunch of people in the league I've never heard of, and poor CK can't get a spot. :(

80% of the people on their are GA regulars for sure. Only ones I don't know about are Militant Black (Atlanta), HavocJ17 (Carolina), Corbomac (New England), and YelloPeril (New Orleans). Which are the only people not on my friends list.

Fifty

Well I know Militant Black is College Dropout (Aka Maverick) HavocJ17 and Corbomac are his friends I believe.

but at the same time, if say DM or matrix or one of the regulars who we KNOW will play and be committed somehow get left out, you can rest assured someone is going to have to be dropped.

thats my quote above. dont worry CK you'll be in the league.

the league will be activated tonight, so get ready.

Ramirez

Well its not my decision,but the person you boot shouldn't be someone who posts on the board regularly,so I'm leanin more towards one of Mav's friends,nothing against them,but they don't post here to my knowledge....

Matrix

No matter what you do FMT..dont activate the schedule till you drop someone first cause CK wont be able to get in if you activate it.

Bog

Junior Ace
Oh. My. God. I just made a new gamertag (BogESPN) with a 2 month free trial card. Guess what suddenly works...

TheDuce22

Banned
I am Havocj17. I had to change my nickname when i bought a new xbox live pack instead of renewing my last one. It was cheaper that way.

Maverick

Yeah, I'm Militant Black (Maverick). The only friend of mine who signed up for the league is corbomac. You can drop him if you need to, no prob, since he doesn't post here. But make sure that everyone has a decent connection first because I know he does and will play sim.

DMczaf

Mav, could you ask your friend if he could drop now so that CK can get in? CK has to leave tonight and wont be here when FMT returns. This would really help speed things along.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
I want a fuckin RB,Deuce isn't cutting the mustard in this game,maybe its my o-line,I have no clue,I just know I cant fuckin run :( And its gotten me beat the last few games.

I might be interested in getting Duce back.

Ramirez

Whats the chances of you givin up Westbrook though :p

-EDIT-

LMAO!!You'd have to pry Ward from my cold dead fingers!!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
Whats the chances of you givin up Westbrook though :p

-EDIT-

LMAO!!You'd have to pry Ward from my cold dead fingers!!

Plaxico and Duce for Westbrook is a deal with me.

Fifty

Just played two games with Matrix....Either the game hates him, or it loves me, but either way, winning by 40 is no fun for either party. :( Or the game hates itself and that's why it acts up all the time!

Matrix

I'm sick of this fucking stupid game and its bs.I'm playing no different than I was before when I could atleast stay in games or win them,and now all the sudden my D cant stop anyone and I fumble the ball everytime I make a nice catch.I get called for tons of bs like face masks when my man isnt anywhere near anyone.This game must hate me now or something,no offense Fifty,but Ive played people just as good as you and I can hang with them.Wtf was that bs with Moulds in the first game,I would double him and still no one could stop him or they would just let him run right by them.You get INts that tip off my feet ,my head,my nose,my ass,my jock strap.....ughhh this game makes me ill the more I play it.

I could care less if I win or lose,its just frustrating when your down 14-10,and Lewis pulls off some gay miracle run up the middle with all my men on top of him using two spin moves out of the matrix movie,then you catch a tip td..I get the ball back fumble on the kick off return "only god knows why he fumbled after you wrapped his feet up" and next thing I know I'm down by 21.On continues my lack of D on your receivers as they watch the ball fly by them and the reciever and on goes me making a catch and fumbling the ball right after.

I actually think last years game was better,atleast for D.

Fifty

You're right...I'm not that good

-That run with Jamal (while he is the best RB in the NFL...) was insane. I held up and tapped B three times and ran 80 yards

-Kelly Gregg got an INT

-You fumbled the ball when I grabbed your feet

-The DBs fell asleep. (biggest problem)

There were only a few plays I was proud of, and those were the plays I made with the MLBers.

Top Bottom