• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
THIS IS REALISTIC!?

Announced as an exclusive, and only ever shown on the Wii U. It getting ported is super realistic.

If you've followed Wii U software sales you'd know it wasn't just realistic, it was inevitable.

See also: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, which Nintendo even published outside Japan.

kqtCql9.png

Oh, do piss off.

"Hey, it's not my fault everyone assumed my provocative hint about interesting news wasn't going to be the disappointing announcement of a huge delay to an anticipated title, and the loss of exclusivity! C'mon, people - get realistic. Jeez, entitled or what..."

Why the hell would you hype a negative announcement? Why make an announcement of an announcement at all? Why describe it as "oohh guys.. some fucking INTERESTING News coming tomorrow.

*deletes ign from bookmarks*

LuuKyK

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/rayman-legends-delayed-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the peeople that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,” Poix told IGN. “So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

Why the hell would you hype a negative announcement? Why make an announcement of an announcement at all? Why describe it as "oohh guys.. some fucking INTERESTING News coming tomorrow.

IGN hyped it? Was it on their frontpage? It was on a personal twitter account with no mention of hyping. You hyped yourself.

LaneDS

So how many other people early adopted a Wii because they were interested in Pikmin 3 and Rayman early on, with the promise of more (and potentially better) games later on?

Because I'm certainly one and between Rayman being delayed and Pikmin 3 coming out, uh, sometime, I'm feeling like a sucker for buying the thing at launch.

Any game "Could" go multi-platform. Regardless the point is this is a huge blow to Nintendo. The one 3rd party publisher that was giving them games has clearly said they don't expect Wii U to have enough support for them. Not only are they porting it they delay the Wii U version so it doesn't hurt sales of the HD Twins.

"Exclusive" implies it won't though. The fact they were saying that from very early on should have warned people. Murphy levels aside, it didn't look like anything that couldn't be done on another platform. Also, you have no idea whether or not Legends was finished, and whether this delay is down to the porting process or not. I think that's a possibility one person theorized, and everybody in this thread has just ran with it.

Honestly, y'all should know better after Resi 4!

I miss Casamassina and Bozon.

Cassamina toyed with the heartstrings of Kid Icarus fans for half a decade. Don't miss him one bit.

Sucks to be rayman though.. With the ps4 coming and all other games there is no way i pick up this game for full price.

Februari would have got me over the edge..

KAL2006

Banned

Lol he didn't say some good new coming. He didn't say some exciting news for WiiU fans are coming. Nintendo fans hyped themselves up for a disappointed, he didn't troll anyone, Nintendo fans trolled themselves.

Fuck you Rich.
And fuck you Ubisoft. I'm this close to not buying this game, this is so terrible. Seriously, you don't even give it timed exclusivity? Instead you massively delay it so it "doesn't hurt the HD twins sales" are you kidding me? By your logic no one was going to buy it on Wii U anyway!

Gimme a break.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I dunno. After all the GTAs, Resident Evils and Final Fantasy...s in the past few years it's kinda been hammered home time and time again that things dont really stay exclusive for long in the first place.

Not surprising news. The delay to make it a universal release sucks huge balls though.

Effect

I'm potentially worried about Lego City Undercover and Bayonetta 2 now. Bayonetta we assume is funded by Nintendo. Just how exclusive is it? I thought Nintendo was putting money toward Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge as well as publishing it Then there is Lego where they're just publishing. :(

Frolow

Banned
Looks like the Murphy segments will still be exclusive.

Poix explained that the GamePad-based cooperative experience of Rayman Legends will remain exclusive to Wii U, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins. He couldn’t offer many specifics just yet but indicated that more information will be coming leading up to the game’s release.

"It's not my fault you guys assume things." I'm pretty sure Rich knew exactly what he was doing, I also don't think it's unreasonable to assume that "interesting news" is not going to be a huge bummer. If people are raging at him they need to chill, but come on now, Rich, don't insult our intelligence with that sort of bullshit.

cacildo

Well, that´s IGN for you, guys.

But about the real news... I really dont give a rat´s ass about Rayman anyway. Or kirby.

SykoTech

Jeez Rich, Rayman getting ported and delayed? I know that's technically Wii-U related, but damn. Way to erase the good will he created last time.

I guess it's a good thing the hype train never took off.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm potentially worried about Lego City Undercover and Bayonetta 2 now. Bayonetta we assume is funded by Nintendo. Just how exclusive is it. I though Nintendo was putting money toward Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge as well. Then there is Lego where they're just publishing. :(

What? Come on.

heringer

I didn't really care for this announcement or anything, but this Rich is a douche for saying its people's fault for assuming stuff. What an idiot.

boxter432

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the peeople that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,” Poix told IGN. “So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

doesn't work the other way, though does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom