• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S2 |OT| Wubba Lubba Dub Dub - Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

Damn, Jerry, that's awesome.

Haha, this Cold Stone product placement.

"What the hell? What have you done to me, Morty!?"

"Fuck you, god, not today, bitch!"

Opto

Banned
Wow that little bit of selflessness was touching.

What a fucking ambitious first episode of a season. Damn

That was pretty good, considering this episode started off right after the last I'm assuming the next will have their collars on. Would be interesting for them to add some continuity to the show similar to the recent south park season

"Oh shit"

*screen tears*

Love it. I need to go back and catch the first season in its entirety. Which service has it? Please tell me it not just Adult Swim.

TripOpt55

Great premiere. The splitscreen stuff was really clever. I loved when Rick pulled out the whiteboard and Jerry joking about The Craft at the end.

Lijik

Re: Continuity: At the comiccon panel they mentioned theyre not really going continuity heavy this season because Dan was frustrated with Community being pigeonholed as Inside Joke: The Show by the entertainment media which he felt hurt attracting new viewers.

HariKari

Re: Continuity: At the comiccon panel they mentioned theyre not really going continuity heavy this season because Dan was frustrated with Community being pigeonholed as Inside Joke: The Show by the entertainment media which he felt hurt attracting new viewers.

I'm sure they will keep up with the little details. In one episode, a bunch of objects get randomly thrown into a portal. Then several episodes later, when Rick is making a bunch of portals trying to run from the other Ricks, those objects come out of one of the portals in the background.

ElTopo

Banned
Yeah, I'm glad they're not sticking so hard to the continuity. That makes something like Venture Bros. hard for newbies to get into.

Hamlet

Pretty good start to the season. The whole split-screen concept was great. Should be fun rewatching it and catching more of the little difference between the timelines.
Also lol at the post credits scene with Einstein.

Not

Banned
"Now hand me that phillips screwdriver/flat head screwdriver. Actually, make it a flathead/phillips.

(Timelines double)

Ohhhh shit."

Probably one of my favorite episodes. I love pretty much everything that happens omg <3

Did anyone notice the primordial rat that got stuck in the testicle monsters bubble during the last bit of the show? It totes jumped into the ocean while they were doing that FFwd through time... I'm really hoping that'll play a part in a future ep
but honestly knowing Dan Harmon it totally will :3

My biggest problem with the show is that it needs to be comfortable dropping the jerry/beth plotlines if they're boring, irrelevant bullshit. I know Rick joked about that this episode, but I still felt there was a ton of wasted time that could have been filled with further expansion of the main plot, which was great and very creative.

Tamanon

Banned
"Think for yourselves, don't be sheep" is ironic advice from Rick at the beginning of the episode, considering what happened.

TheOGB

Banned
Just caught the replay, that was a good one. "You are your father's children" and everything Testicle Monster cracked me up.

Oh man, it's weird that the show is back, but in a great way!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Also caught the replay. Holy shit this show is too funny. "You're both pieces of shit."

That's a shame since that is one of the reasons why I love the show so much. Was even talking to some people the other day about it.

HariKari

My biggest problem with the show is that it needs to be comfortable dropping the jerry/beth plotlines if they're boring, irrelevant bullshit. I know Rick joked about that this episode, but I still felt there was a ton of wasted time that could have been filled with further expansion of the main plot, which was great and very creative.

They realized the Rick + Morty, Beth + Jerry grounded marriage b plot structure can only take them so far. Harmon said they get away from that in season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom