• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Sorian

Banned
:p

You have Splinter, Fat and Panda in your town block. Are they all strong enough town reads that you'd invite them all into a hypothetical gossip?

Fat is interesting. Haven't really thought too much about him, but I figured you'd kinda be more familiar with him post LB2. Panda crept into my town list early game, but I haven't thought much after that.

I'd invite Panda and Fat, Splinter is slightly lower and can more easily fool me so I wouldn't put him in that trustworthy of a column quite yet.

zeemumu

I'll put my vote on zeemumu for now. Their repeated posts about the scum team feels like they could be trying to appear more active without contributing too much.

Vote: zeemumu

Burbeting feels weird to me as well. Their two posts are both related to Ouro/ Sorian being scum and nothing besides that. There's a 9 hour time gap between the posts so it's not even a bit that they did for a little while. It's something that they came back to for whatever reason.

Well I have had the past few days off and my quarter just started, so my activity will start to go downhill around Tuesday

zeemumu

I'll watch Penguin more closely. Their posts seem like that kind of nonchalant friendly that you give where you start out a text conversation kind of into it but when the other person gets more into it you sort of drop off and start leaving "haha" after every text to seem like you're still into it.

Ty4on

So Zeusy is the easy lynch choice then? What's the counter?

I'll try to read up Faddy a bit.

I read Zeusy and it felt like mislynch bait. I don't really feel like his voters are scum tho RN. CCS' vote on him maybe felt a bit bad, but I kinda asked him to do it and CCS' thought on Acohrs were kinda decent.

Would you care to volunteer

I actually like Sorian. I disagree with him at times, but I disagree with town Sorian and he's a little more direct feeling than last game.

CCS

Banned
Sorian and Faddy are both player season I always seem to end up scum reading, regardless of allegiance. Makes me hesitant about wanting to lynch either of them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
lots of gut flying around, though I can't say I've got anything better

Dusk Soldier and Faddy lean towards okay to me right now, fat4all makes me uneasy

Fat4all

Banned
dunno about the Zeusy vote, if this is scum play then it seems like really, really bad scum play

are they a new player? i dunno if ive seen them in a game before

Dr. Worm

Banned
Splinter sheeping Kalor on zeemumu reads weirdly to me

I'll put my vote on zeemumu for now. Their repeated posts about the scum team feels like they could be trying to appear more active without contributing too much.

Vote: zeemumu

Alright Kalor is paying attention, and Zeemumu is a good vote

VOTE: zeemumu

Kalor has that "for now" disclaimer, then Splinter hops off his vote on Kalor to sheep him? seems a tad flimsy

Ty4on

ISOing Faddy he feels like a lazy vote.

I don't especially town read that episode live blog, but I don't see why that should make you scum read him? What's the point of doing that as scum?

Ty4on

There are only a set number of named parasites in the show and we all seem to have specific ones instead of just "parasite." There should be 4 Smiths and Mr. Poopybutthole. If everyone called their names now we could probably get through this with minimal deaths.

This kinda reads as independent thought to me. Kinda brash for scum to suggest a mass claim too lol

Faddy

Banned
Time to bust out a reads list. Most of this is gut and little indications that I can never put my finger on exactly why I find something scummy

Top 5 Town
1. *Splinter - trying to push even if just amounts to a "why?" i feel a scum pursuing this tactic might be more aggressive
2. CCS - usual style, usual substance
3. Penguin - IDK this is a feel one
4. Ty4on - gut says he is town, solving and pushing.
5. Dr Worm - just dropped a couple of posts that scream town to me

Top 5 scum
1. Zippedpinhead - dismissive of even trying on day 1. Lazy = scum for me
2. Bronx - again doing little, making few relevant comments
3. acohrs - gut, he has been unusually cautious and protective of placing his vote
4. Swamped - not flying under my radar, faux engagement imo
5. Sorian - meh, slight lean to scum for now

Everyone else I am pretty neutral on right now.

Ty4on

Are your lists 5 and 5 because there should be roughly 5 scum by the rules of the plot and it'd seem sketch if you landed on the exact number for one or is that just a coincidence? I guess the best bet for either list would be to mix and match scum and town and frontload one with scum and a few town while the other has more town and one scum, then make sure that the scum from the town-heavy list and the town from the scum-heavy list get killed to make them more trustworthy. So the number might actually be a coincidence or an attempt to hide bias. Or maybe you just like symmetrical lists, I dunno.

I take it you scum read Bronx? lol

What is your Bronx read?

Sorian

Banned
Disclaimer, I'm in a car for 4 hours still so no clue where I'll be service wise when the day is ending, will try to post as I can but I have my day 1 reads out and my current vote is still good for me and in the running so it's not being wasted.

Dr. Worm

Banned
What's your context for this? Such a strange thing to just say. Not the advising of others not to claim, but the resistance of town against those claims.

Coupled with this, it almost feels like you expect a power role to claim at day end.

Not to mention this:

Contradicts the above. Do we have lots of time, or only the 5 min before day end?

Dissuading voting, encouraging removal of power claims, while also not discouraging claims. Bad form.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Castamere's post here against Zipped reads as a hatchet job to me

I don't have much of an opinion on Zipped, but LoC seems to be hella reaching

Being new and making a bad play doesn't exempt you from being scum. Given that I've had to use this same defense for scum fellows in the past, it's makes side eye those using it.

Ty4on

Disclaimer, I'm in a car for 4 hours still so no clue where I'll be service wise when the day is ending, will try to post as I can but I have my day 1 reads out and my current vote is still good for me and in the running so it's not being wasted.
RIP
Also I agree with the second part of this but it's a little offset since zeemumu is new(?).
Ehh, I've seen newbie scum almost being more careful than veterans.

I agree it's something a new player is much more likely to say, but I feel like it's a newbie town thing to say. You're thinking about the game and figure this might be a worthwhile thing for town to do instead of thinking as scum you have a big plan for getting all of town's roles.

The latter which he's much more likely to consult the chat first.
I feel like voting you off the island just for bringing the Hawks into our world!

Reminder that you should make 10 post everyday. Don't think about posts making you look scummy, think about posting so people can see you're town.

Sorian

Banned
Being new and making a bad play doesn't exempt you from being scum. Given that I've had to use this same defense for scum fellows in the past, it's makes side eye those using it.

No but being new allows bad plays to make sense. It's also not really a bad play back in the day, that did used to solve games before mods tightened things up, it just doesn't work in this community anymore.

Castamere's post here against Zipped reads as a hatchet job to me

I don't have much of an opinion on Zipped, but LoC seems to be hella reaching

That's exactly what it is. I went through the thread and found something to attack on someone, in hopes that it would cause them to say something else, or redeem themselves.

It's Day 1, everyone's reaching, or, even worse, just voting to vote. It wasn't strong, no one has a strong case, but it's not like I'm screaming to kill them.

Dr. Worm

Banned
That's exactly what it is. I went through the thread and found something to attack on someone, in hopes that it would cause them to say something else, or redeem themselves.

what was he redeeming himself from? the contradiction? the skepticism? the dirty truth about Gafia?

It's Day 1, everyone's reaching, or, even worse, just voting to vote. It wasn't strong, no one has a strong case, but it's not like I'm screaming to kill them.

it feels to me like a case for its own sake, I guess

I feel you on how we don't have much, but I don't like how your argument isn't pointing at anything concrete - it's just gotchas

Shit! Today is end of day 1? AND it’s within the final two hours?!?!?!?

I guess everyone will show up now...

Saw LoC’s post, completely understand why he gave me a scum read. I mean he’s wrong but that doesn’t make his thought process itself worthless (just the end result). With his post count it could be a scum “quality post”

It’s day 1, we are all looking for ways to justify who we vote for.

Personally, at this point I’m leaning LoC, Faddy and Ty4on.

Pretty much everyone town reading Ty4on is why I’m leaning towards scum reading him today. I just don’t see what everyone else sees that is so townie.

Faddy seems to just be throwing lists up and seeing what sticks. This being day 1 I’m leaning towards that being more a scum play (to try and make those “quality posts” that so many people like later on)

Lord of Castamere, it’s mainly managing your post count/quality post ratio ( Irregardless if the scum read to me). I am an easy target when I’m not on scum team. People scum read me all the time (like *splinter, even when we are both ON scum team he still scum reads me on the main board). I used the low post count high post quality gambit as a scum tactic last game it’s a fair move. I just think it’s what you are doing now.

So
vote: Lord of Castamere

Town reading Sorian, swamped and ouro currently

Ty4on

Saw LoC's post, completely understand why he gave me a scum read. I mean he's wrong but that doesn't make his thought process itself worthless (just the end result). With his post count it could be a scum “quality post”

Doesn't that make him more likely to be town if his reasons make sense from town PoV?

what was he redeeming himself from? the contradiction? the skepticism? the dirty truth about Gafia?

it feels to me like a case for its own sake, I guess

I feel you on how we don't have much, but I don't like how your argument isn't pointing at anything concrete - it's just gotchas

From me feeling that he's scummy. Pretty straight forward process. I thought he was scummy so I voted for him, in hopes that he would do something either more scummy or less scummy. If he proved that he wasn't scummy, or another more scummy person came along, then I would unvote.

As I said before, no one has anything concrete, every vote on the board is over non-concrete things.

Lord of Castamere, it’s mainly managing your post count/quality post ratio ( Irregardless if the scum read to me). I am an easy target when I’m not on scum team. People scum read me all the time (like *splinter, even when we are both ON scum team he still scum reads me on the main board). I used the low post count high post quality gambit as a scum tactic last game it’s a fair move. I just think it’s what you are doing now.

Case in point, this OMGUS, quality posts = scum, wouldn't have happened if I hadn't of "hatcheted him".

Faddy

Banned
Considering we’ve contributed the same amount to this game so far, wouldn’t it be logical to read you as scum as well?

No.

I also got drunk and made a defacto claim by being illiterate. I'm claiming non-ordinary town.

I'm still open to name-claiming to clear up any confusion about the situation.

Fat4all

Banned
ever since the '10 vote rule' started ive been more and more a fan of cutting dead weight on day-one by lynching someone whose contributed very little to building up the base of their playstyle for the game. as much as i like seeing substitutions be put in to play, not only do they have to catch up with the game, but the rest of the players are working with one full day of reads and inclinations and votes on one another while the sub is starting back at the base level.

it may seem like an 'easy vote', but going forward id rather not have the slight handicap of having to learn a new players reads, and this has surprisingly worked in my favor in the past. id say Burbeting and Penguin would be good picks for this option

-

that being said, of the players who put in the work, i am feeling a little weird about Kawl_USC. its not quite a weird enough feeling to want to lynche them today, but it is enough for me to want to keep a deft eye on them.

as for why i feel weird on them, its kinda odd how a majority of their posts are about 'making the effort' to reach 10 posts, and how there isn't much to read or have read on day one instead of investing the time into helping contribute to the building of day one reads.

i think they said they'd be busy, so i dont think it'd be very fair to attack them this late in the game, but in reach their 10 posts for the game, those pists read more like they want to appear like they are helping/advising Town in a way, while to me looking over most of the 10 posts, kinda seems a little fluff-ish.

Faddy

Banned
Fat4All you want to put a vote down to actually make a statement. Don't hedge between two players if you are going to make a post like that act on it.
Then we can discuss if you are deflecting from a scum lynch.

*Splinter

Splinter sheeping Kalor on zeemumu reads weirdly to me

Kalor has that "for now" disclaimer, then Splinter hops off his vote on Kalor to sheep him? seems a tad flimsy
Zeemumu has been on the list since before Kalor voted him. That was just me moving onto my next option.

I'm considering another move but can we get a vote count first?

Top Bottom