• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIDE delayed to mid-April on Xbox One & Xbox 360 in Europe

danowat

Banned
Playing the full game now - whilst it might not look the best, the amount of different customising options the game has is incredible.

Also, as a Welshman, I appreciate the detail to make the road markings look accurate depending on what region you're in.

PV1zQCd.png

Here is a sample of the North Wales route, with the accurate "ARAF" warnings on the floor (Welsh for "slow") as they appear on the real roads here.

Just be wary of the world tour corruption bug!

danowat

Banned
Is there anything specific that triggers it?

There have been theories, ranging from changing the oil on your bike, to running a championship with a team mate from your PSN friends.

I didn't do either before mine went, so I don't think there is anything concrete confirming what actually causes it.

Spades

Good question, I'm not sure.

Was there a day one patch to download on the XO?

Honestly, no idea. I put the disc in whilst I was making a brew and it just went ahead with the install (normally it downloads the day one patch at the same time).

danowat

Banned
Even though my world tour is still corrupt ( I won't delete the data until I know for sure that I can't get it back after a patch), I can still access my purchased bikes, credits and buy more bikes through the quick race section, so all is not lost.........

danowat

Banned
Sheesh, there are some serious issues with some of the bikes in this game.

FZR750R, 5th and 6th gear and identical ratios, this means the bikes tops out at around 130mph, instead of 160mph

ZRX1200R, top speed on 130mph, when the real bike is electronically limited to 150mph.

I am sure there are more, not sure I have the will to find them anymore.......

Bobnob

Played the demo on X1 the frame dips are terrible, it feels like its almost in single figures at some points. A shame because i like everything else about it.

Jamesways

Finally got it downloaded this weekend.

Some mildly biased impressions, as I do enjoy Milestone games, even as last gen looking and buggy as they inevitably always are...

First off, this game is extremely addictive. I've already put in some very late nights on it, it's always just one more race.
I'm avoiding the corruption/crash criteria they've posted on fb until the patch arrives (don't invite people to team races, don't do Championships), and so far, so good.

I really, really like some of the new tracks. Some have some nice lighting effects, and several have a really good flow to them. Loving Stelvio, French Riviera, and the Kanto Temples. And it's nice to race on next gen versions of Imola and Magny-Cours (God I'd love another SBK game but alas, license lost).
And I try to go to Road America each August for the American LeMans/Tudor races. It's always bugged me that last gen Forza had an outdated version. I haven't really had the opportunity to scrutinize the newer version in Fm5, but I know 4's was still off in some details even after the new rebuild. Milestone's version is surprisingly good in fact. They got the Turn 5 stand positions and trackside details right (off in Fm, Race Pro, and Shift), and they nailed the uphill elevation starting from Canada Corner, something that's also been lacking in games. The big hill after turn 5 really feels different on a bike, much more pronounced, and it's great. And I think the skybox they chose for it is very fitting, the track in general feels like my good ol' Wisconsin homeland.
Comparing Donnington to MotoGP, they've updated the look of the grass and trackside details which is great, but they used the same exact cloudy skybox.

I always use the onboard cam in these games, and became addicted to the helmet cam in MotoGP14. The helmet cam looks more polished in MotoGP, adding motion blur at high speeds, and a polarizing visor effect that actually changes the color and look of each stage. So for this one, it's just regular on board view. Still gives you a great sense of speed, on board, no hud, can't beat it.

The physics seem on par with SBK/MotoGP, although a bit more forgiving. I'm not sure about that yet, I haven't tooled around on the top tier bikes much at this point. But it feels like a Milestone bike game, and that's a good thing for me, if you're familiar with their titles, you'll know exactly what to expect.

There's a ton of bikes to play around with in this, although I wish the rental section had more to try before you buy so to speak. But I'm having fun with the Naked class starting out. The customization of the bikes is decent enough to at least give them a more personal feel, and it's nice touch to have 4 options for outfits ready to select before the race/INCREDIBLY LONG LOAD TIMES!

I know it's got issues, but all in all, I'm super happy with the full price purchase. I think it's a great compliment to MotoGP14. There's plenty of game to keep you busy, that's for sure. It's going to take a long time to finish all of the world tour events.

I'll import a physical copy of MotoGP15 in June/July. Add that, pCARS, and possibly F1 if I have time, and FINALLY the ps4 will have some decent sim racers!

Spades

I hate that you have to select a teammate without knowing anything about them - no stats, no positives or negatives, nothing. It's pretty important when you run in team races where your combined points total is what counts and you have no way to know who the best teammate to select is!

danowat

Banned
I hate that you have to select a teammate without knowing anything about them - no stats, no positives or negatives, nothing. It's pretty important when you run in team races where your combined points total is what counts and you have no way to know who the best teammate to select is!

Yeah, it's a bit bizarre, if you keep an eye out for the names of the AI team mates in single races you do, you'll get an idea of how they perform by their finishing positions, I also have a feeling each AI team prefers a certain type of bike too.........

danowat

Banned
I have no idea what the Xbox One patch did. Loading times are still atrocious.

Tour mode is still broken for me, I can still play quick race, time trial and online, I might just bite the bullet and delete my tour and start again :-/

ekim

How can anyone play this for more than 1 minute? The frame rate is so terrible it kills everything in this game. The game even halts completely for milliseconds. It's really weird. (Played the demo on Xbox One)

TJP

Wonder if they'll bother patching the PS4 version before then :-x
If it makes you feel any better, the PC version remains unpatched too.

I realise English isn't likely to be Milestone's native language, their response to the save game glitch is funny:
Dear Gamers,

we apologize for the issue you were facing in this days, we're happy to inform you that we've yet release a patch to solve the crashes and savegame corruption.

If the savegames were corrupted you have to delete them and restart the game

We hope you'll enjoy to RIDE back on the World Tour!

Thank you for your understanding.

Milestone Team
Gamers are also happy that you've not fixed an issue that a bit of QA testing would have uncovered...

My feelings on the demo from 4 weeks ago (presuming anyone cares): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156483463&postcount=891

Jamesways

If it makes you feel any better, the PC version remains unpatched too.

My feelings on the demo from 4 weeks ago (presuming anyone cares): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156483463&postcount=891

Still waiting for the patch on ps4, hope it's soon. Avoiding quite a few events now.

And I care, I care! I know I owe you a pm too.
I remember reading your impressions and thinking, "Yep, it's a Milestone game alright".

Rough edges aside, I can't stop playing it, making for some very late nights. Some of the short tracks remind me of the Extreme courses in the 06/07 Climax MotoGP games.

Great pics danowat! I'll post a few soon too. I haven't even bought a supersports or pro bike yet. I'm finishing off all of the Naked events first.

Speaking of that... as other racing games, Ride follows suit to having a few best in class bikes. No matter how many upgrades you put on some of them, they just aren't competitive in the world tour events. Well, at least in the early classes that is. So I have a few that'll be designated to just Time Trials for fun.

edit- Also, anyone get the season pass? Extra bikes worth it or no?

danowat

Banned
Still waiting for the patch on ps4, hope it's soon. Avoiding quite a few events now.

My corrupted world tour was pretty much all the naked bikes, so the new one I started, I went to the opposite end of the events for a bit of a change, so good events, although I am not convinced 8 laps is "endurance"!

edit- Also, anyone get the season pass? Extra bikes worth it or no?

I looked at the first two packs, and TBH, I'm not impressed, I prefer classic / oddball bikes, would love some old skool classic Japanese two strokes, RD250 /350, RG500, RD500, etc etc.

So I will not bother with any DLC / season pass I don't think.

I'm going to hold out for the U.S. release and hope that some of the bugs are ironed out by then.

For me the gameplay seems just okay, I'm more interested in collecting the bikes and taking photos. To that end, I hope Milestone keeps adding DLC bikes and hopefully, some variety. Why no cruisers or dirt bikes, for example? They've got Triumph but no Bonneville? To be the Gran Turismo of bikes it needs more than just sportbikes (and this comes for a sportbike lover).

And fingers crossed they add the Isle of Man TT circuit. Would be absolutely amazing to ride that.

danowat

Banned
Dirts bikes and cruisers don't really fit with the focus of road riding / racing, a couple of the small(er) KTM's are bordering on dirt bikes, although more Supermoto.

One of the North Wales tracks has a very nice IOM TT vibe to it, that'll suffice for now, but a IOM TT DLC would be amazing.

Jamesways

Late last night finally got into some Supersports, Pre-Modern and Modern Superbikes.
Such great bikes in this, some handle so well. 2006 Ninja- what a joy to race.

This game is a blast.

And with close to finishing only the Naked class events, hit #1 on the world leaderboard. Odd, they should have tweaked that, it's way too early in the career.

I do think the economy system is good though, you do have to plan out your purchases and upgrades in class for the money you get.

After playing a few hours I popped in MotoGP 14, it felt like the game was in fast forward compared to the starting classes in Ride.
Messing up my lines, have to readjust each time I play it now.

Jamesways

Multiplayer is really, really dead already though.

You are NOT kidding. Was going to try for the online trophies, but don't think that's going to happen at this point. Especially tricky being in the States to try to sync with EU/UK folks online.

danowat

Banned
You are NOT kidding. Was going to try for the online trophies, but don't think that's going to happen at this point. Especially tricky being in the States to try to sync with EU/UK folks online.

There's very few EU players, I managed to get about 10 races a day or two after the digital release, but I've tried two nights running and got nothing.

I assume most people ground out the online trophy and shelved the multiplayer, which is a shame, because I actually had a few decent races.

danowat

Banned
I downloaded the Motorcycle Club demo last night...........

Holy moly that's bad, didn't realise people made games as bad as that anymore, all I will say is, going back to RIDE after MC made it feel like a really really good game!.

TJP

And I care, I care! I know I owe you a pm too.
I remember reading your impressions and thinking, "Yep, it's a Milestone game alright".
And I still wait for that PM..it's okay, I'm amusing myself by checking the 'GTA V PS4: 1080@30, Core i3/750Ti: 1080@60. How is this possible?' thread. Words fail me (except for these ones).

Rough edges aside, I can't stop playing it, making for some very late nights. Some of the short tracks remind me of the Extreme courses in the 06/07 Climax MotoGP games.
Perhaps the demo was an older build? Who knows but it reads like the full release plays better than the demo did (or does). Try the ZX-10R for me; a first gear redline clutch dump for standstill with all aids off and pro physics - *it should flip* if no aids are present.

I downloaded the Motorcycle Club demo last night...........Holy moly that's bad, didn't realise people made games as bad as that anymore
That is one of their better games and they've been put in charge of the WRC licence!! That said, I know one of the Sector3 physics guys (PC sim racing developer) was drafted in to work on the physics so it might not be as awful.

I love the WRC games on 360 so I gave this demo a go on xbox one, the framerate was skipping all over the place in the 20's range and I kind of expected better, it got really bad with most of the bikes in view, and the loading times...

What happened?

Spades

It appears that the PS4 patch is now live.

THE PATCH FOR PS4 is NOW AVAILABLE

Please find below the changelog list:

• Fixed stability issues exiting world tour events.
• Fixed stability issues using electric bikes.
• Fixed savegame corruption using Team Mates.
• Fixed savegame corruption performing World Tour events.
• Fixed reward credits in World Tour events.
• Fixed engine oil behavior.
• Fixed “Aristocrat” trophy unlock conditions.

MaDKaT

The more I play this demo the more I really like it. I had an initial issue with button remapping and the rear brake becoming useless but seems if you leave it a face button it works well enough. What I really miss though are analog face buttons. The DS4 really limits remap options. Overall the demo has sold me on the game. The demo track and variant seem to have a nice flow and I hope the rest of the tracks have a similar thought out design. Game feels 'Good enough' since I doubt we will ever see a Tourist Trophy 2 and since Climax is basically dead and gone, they will never be back to make another MotoGP game. I do have a question for anyone that owns the PS4 version.

Is there any rumble or vibration in the controller? The demo didnt have it but do be honest, every time I fire it up something else starts glitching so Im hoping it is just a bug in the demo.

Afrikan

I don't know if I can wait till June 23 or what ever.

I love the Demo, and I want to play online dang'it.

anyone know if we can use our US paypal accounts to buy things in the EU store?

danowat

Banned
On the off chance anyone is still playing this, Milestone have just released two new DLC packs, 2015 Top Bikes Pack 1 and 2015 Top Bikes Pack 2.

No mention of the bikes included apart from

The RIDE - 2015 Top Bikes Pack 1 DLC lets you hurtle around the tracks on 7 of the best bike models produced in 2015, from the most distinguished manufacturers in the world, including Triumph, Kawasaki, Ducati, BMW, and Yamaha!

The RIDE - 2015 Top Bikes Pack 2 DLC lets you hurtle around the tracks on 7 of the best bike models produced in 2015, from the most distinguished manufacturers in the world, including Honda, BMW, MV Agusta, and Suzuki!

Top Bottom