• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of The Ronin Releases March 22, 2024 | The Game Awards 2023

Elios83

Wow so excited for this and it's releasing really soon :pie_starstruck: Looks like a more story focused Nioh.

Q1 seems super stacked with TLOU2 Remaster, Yakuza Infinite Wealth, Persona 3 Remake, FF7 Rebirth, GrandBlue Fantasy Relink, Rise of Ronin, Dragon's Dogma 2.
Sony alone will be releasing/publishing a big game each month until April.

EDMIX

Wow so excited for this and it's releasing really soon :pie_starstruck: Looks like a more story focused Nioh.

Q1 seems super stacked with TLOU2 Remaster, Yakuza Infinite Wealth, Persona 3 Remake, FF7 Rebirth, GrandBlue Fantasy Relink, Rise of Ronin, Dragon's Dogma 2.
Sony alone will be releasing/publishing a big game each month until April.

Facts.

Wallet about to be ASSAULTED! lol

I'm buying everything you listed lol

Last edited:
I'm currently getting my ass kicked in Nioh 1 for the first time, but holy shit the gameplay is addicting. I think I enjoy it more than any Dark Souls, at least from a combat perspective. Hopefully Rise of the Ronin can be like a mini Elden Ring for Team Ninja. They deserve more acknowledgement

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Nioh witout Yokais

car sliding GIF

Aion002

eh... only since last gen. Ninja Gaiden (NES and Xbox) and Dead or Alive were technical showpieces back in the day.
Those were Tecmo games.

Koei bought Tecmo in 2008. Dead or Alive is probably the only series that continued to have good graphics after it. Even Ninja Gaiden 3 (2012) had some downgrades compare to 2 (2008) in the animations and stuff.

I like Koei games a lot, but it is what it is, their games always lack on the graphics department.

Graphics looks bad

Looks like it was meant to be a PS4 game initially. The game is coming out in 3 months and Sony has given it less hype than Sifu. Definitely a head-scratcher given they didn't publish many games in 2023. Team Ninja has really fallen off. You can tell with Stranger of Paradise.

Not expecting this to be very good, which is probably why Sony is largely sweeping it under the rug. That's what they do with games they publish for other studios but they're not very good. Look at Firewalk Ultra.

Definitely looks like filler, but I think that is also really troubling as it probably means we're not getting any other games for Q1 from Sony.

Last of Us Remastered
MLB The Show 24
Rise of the Ronin
Horizon Forbidden West Complete PC

Hopefully, we'll get some more exposure at GDC.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
“Ps5 has no games announced”

*free dlc in 5 days, rise of the ronin coming in march, following tlou2 remastered, helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth*

It's INSANE!!!! I hate Jim Ryan to death. I HATE HIM! But he's managed to do a great job having a bunch of games and hardware releases lined up for PS5's entire generation.

He knows how to run a video game company.

mckmas8808

Looks like it was meant to be a PS4 game initially. The game is coming out in 3 months and Sony has given it less hype than Sifu. Definitely a head-scratcher given they didn't publish many games in 2023. Team Ninja has really fallen off. You can tell with Stranger of Paradise.

Not expecting this to be very good, which is probably why Sony is largely sweeping it under the rug. That's what they do with games they publish for other studios but they're not very good. Look at Firewalk Ultra.

Definitely looks like filler, but I think that is also really troubling as it probably means we're not getting any other games for Q1 from Sony.

Last of Us Remastered
MLB The Show 24
Rise of the Ronin

It's waaaay too early to say the bolded. I'm expecting it to score around what Nioh 1 and 2 did. Nioh 1 scored an 89 and Nioh 2 an 85. So anything below an 80 would be SHOCKING to me.

AmuroChan

Last of Us Remastered
MLB The Show 24
Rise of the Ronin

There's also Helldivers 2 in Feb. There'll be plenty of games to play for PS5 owners in Q1.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Wo Long was solid, and wobbly frame-rate on Series S aside isn't at all bad looking.

Every TN game since Nioh I have played to death; because the combat is always fun and engaging. So I'm in day #1.

NeroDaGod

The DLC seems to suggest certain weapons will have its own style/moveset and I’m very much looking forward to how that plays out.

Fbh

Man that release date sucks.
The game Looks great but if I have to choose between this and DD2 I'll probably go with Dragons Dogma (unless it's like a broken mess or something at launch)

Murdok

Interestingly, there is no exclusivity announcement, I have no doubt that in 6 months they will already be talking about the PC version, and who knows for another platform

nial

Gold Member
Why ignore Stranger of Paradise?
Because Rise of the Ronin is the next game from director Fumihiko Yasuda, who previously worked on Nioh 1 and 2, so it's pretty safe to assume there are different development groups inside of Team Ninja.
Interestingly, there is no exclusivity announcement, I have no doubt that in 6 months they will already be talking about the PC version, and who knows for another platform
I am not so sure about that.
B6mXQQk.jpg

Also, if it's coming to PC, it's by SIE themselves.

mckmas8808

Speak for yourself my guy, I thought it worked out wonderfully.

It's the most memorable FF game in a long while. For better or worse :p

You serious? Because we know how you get down on GAF.

The cursed fiscal urgency lol

It has to come before April to be included in reports $$$$

It's the one bad thing. But March 22nd is actually a good date for this game. Better than another February game.

It is dead on arrival for me. Why did they decide to release this the same day as Dragon's Dogma 2? This went from a must-play to an easy skip until I'm finished with DD2.

Thief1987

Most likely the same deal as with Nioh. Will be on PC after some time, but not on other platforms.

Last edited:
First time this team made an open world right. Dragons Dogma 2 looks damn good though. And I can only handle 1 japanese game at a time.

ungalo

Less hyped than for the first trailer clearly. It's really not beautiful.

Day one though.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
is that really a bad thing ?

Well it’s not great right? This isn’t an indie project, it’s a PlayStation production with a big name studio in Team Ninja. It’s AAA, it’s full price. So in 2024, >3y into the generation… I would expect more yes.

Top Bottom