• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Ronin vs Stellar Blade: Which PlayStation Exclusive Will Score the Higher Metacritic Average

Which PlayStation Exclusive Will Score the Higher Metacritic Average?

• Rise of the Ronin will receive the higher Critic average.

Votes: 143 41.9%
  • Stellar Blade will receive the higher Critic average.

Votes: 206 60.4%

• Total voters
Game journalists are going to destroy Stellar Blade. We all know why.
Yes and if so, it clearly shows how rotten to the core gaming journalism is.

I've been in the gaming scene doing reviews/ launch parties/ release events for 20+ years and if there is 1 thing my old editor tought me, its this:

"Judge the products on their own merit, not on your personal view or bias. You can't be objective if you do."
That stuck with me for years and landed me in serious trouble with some distributors, but fuck em.

Dont like a game? Let someone else review it, but dont stomp a quality product into the ground and hurt developers because you're fucking butthurt. Its no-one's problem but your own. Who in the Hell are they and where does the audacity come from!?

Fuck modern day gaming journalism. Ripping a game a new one just because it doesnt fit your agenda.......

You dont see a Vegan working at a Chick-Fil-A/ Burger King
So we shouldnt see snowflakes reviewing fucking videogames.

Eiknarf

Banned
Well, now we know that Rise of the Ronin scored an average of 76 over at Metacritic and a 75 over at OpenCritic.

Now that we know how Rise of the Ronin faired, do you still think Stellar Blade will score better or worse than that ???

ssringo

Well, now we know that Rise of the Ronin scored an average of 76 over at Metacritic and a 75 over at OpenCritic.

Now that we know how Rise of the Ronin faired, do you still think Stellar Blade will score better or worse than that ???
I wasnt too keen on Ronin but that score is lower than I thought it'd be. I still think Stellar Blade will get tanked by a few outlier reviews but not bad enough to go lower than Ronin.

It will depend on the demo release.

This needs good buzz from actual players. If opinions are overwhelmingly positive, few media will go against the buzz, because they will get exposed and some still care for people's opinions. It's like that in Spanish media, they follow trends. It's harder to cancel a game that has been tested and liked by many people.

To think that Shuhei Yoshida would fund an AAA game not being great is beyond stupid, but some guys who have not played it seem to know better than him, lmao.

Boss Mog

If we're talking critic score the I think Rise of the Ronin will score higher (prediction 76 average) only because the woke "journalists" will penalize Stellar Blade for having a hot female lead who wears skimpy suits. I predict 73 average for Stellar Blade.
Looks like so far I was on point, I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to get the other half of the equation.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ronin because of the SJWs trying to tank Stellar for true beauty.

Which SJWs?
How are they trying to tank Stellar Blade.

On Topic
Ronin wins because of hot twins alone.

GJT0LK1a4AAoSZb

I legit postponed my Dragons Dogma 2 to have hot twin protagonists in RotR............ohh and to give Dragons Dogma 2 time to get patched.

Eiknarf

Banned
Well now that many of us played the demo, do you think it’s worthy of a better grade than Rise of the Ronin?

I do kinda wish Ronin was more linear because an open world game has to be incredible for me to stay with it. Otherwise it's too big and the story looses its sense of urgency. Ghost of Tsushima did open world well.
They should have done Nioh 3.
A proven developer making a badass samurai game or an unproven dev making some weeby shit, baffled by the poll result
A proven developer trying to appeal to western medias and genre (open-world) vs a unproven dev trying to simply make a great, shiny and interesting game from their own (horny) hearts.

Top Bottom