• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition announced for Xbox Series/One, Switch, PS4/5 and PC

Patch coming.

We're currently working on v1.1 and beyond that may include...

• The final alternate character (Lightning Guard)
  • Steam Trading Cards and Emotes
  • More multiplayer modes and maps
  • Level editor music jukebox
  • A detailed level editor guide (I ain’t writing it)
  • The return of Remote Ridicule?!
  • An auto switch weapon pickup toggle (thankfully)
  • Stats menu for map screen (secrets/kills etc)
  • Custom Comm-Batt levels
  • High scores? Steam Leaderboards?!
  • Netcode improvements!
  • Console ports! (Almost ready)
  • A bundle with the original DOS game + ROTT 2013
  • And more!
To anybody that hasn't grabbed the game- it's a lot of fun and turned out really well. Definitely worth checking out if you like old school FPS. Definitely a unique title!

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I just saw the console versions will be releasing September 29th

Link
200w.gif

ScHlAuChi

Patch coming.

We're currently working on v1.1 and beyond that may include...
  • Console ports! (Almost ready)
  • A bundle with the original DOS game + ROTT 2013
Great! - A few questions:
- Does it contain all "The Hunt Begins" and "Extreme ROTT" levels?
- Will the console ports have the original cheats via button inputs or via a menu option?
- Could there be an option to make "Ludicrous Gibs" always happen?
- Will ROTT 2013 be included in the console versions? (Ideally on the physical disc too?)

Saber

Gold Member
Already tested and its a very underwelming for a patch that took that long. The armor not refreshing bug still there and if you don't own PS subscription for instance, the multiplayer is completelly useless. Also pretty weird choice of multiplayer stages since theres some real fun yet short ones in the original.

Ulysses 31

Already tested and its a very underwelming for a patch that took that long. The armor not refreshing bug still there and if you don't own PS subscription for instance, the multiplayer is completelly useless. Also pretty weird choice of multiplayer stages since theres some real fun yet short ones in the original.
I have yet to start a playthrough since I was waiting for a patch but what's the armor bug do? I heard about keybindings not saving, was that one fixed?

Saber

Gold Member
I have yet to start a playthrough since I was waiting for a patch but what's the armor bug do? I heard about keybindings not saving, was that one fixed?

Lets say you pick an armor power-up(asbestos or bulletproof).
You spend time with it and it now rests 4 seconds left of the armor. You find a new armor power up and pick it. Instead of refreshing the armor, the new power up will only last 4 seconds because thats whats left of your last armor.

Top Bottom